Nick Saban: Rivalry hasn’t changed in 10 years. Still the same.

What he is thinking:

"Y'all had one decent shot to beat us in 10 year's, and next Saturday will be a boat race like normal."

I'm with Basillio - we should all chip in and pay for some counseling for ole Nick. If he is convinced through therapy that his dad WOULD be proud of him now, maybe he will gracefully acknowledge his success and retire.

What he is thinking:

"Y'all had one decent shot to beat us in 10 year's, and next Saturday will be a boat race like normal."

I'm with Basillio - we should all chip in and pay for some counseling for ole Nick. If he is convinced through therapy that his dad WOULD be proud of him now, maybe he will gracefully acknowledge his success and retire.
That would work better than asking him to walk away from the game and be the bigger man.

I will make my mind up Friday, if we can beat them or not. That is my thinking. I want to see the intensity level feel first for the week.

We have a secret weapon in Phil Fulmer as AD. He has to be able to communicate to these young men what it REALLY means to represent Tennessee and lay it on the line in this game like no other.

Saban has said a few times that beating Tennessee means more to him than beating Auburn.

"I think you get very quickly a feel for what your own players on your own team, even that were here before you came here, what's important to them. And it was very obvious to me that the Tennessee game was always the biggest game. It was always the biggest game for us. That's no disrespect to Auburn or the great Iron Bowl rivalries. But to our players and a lot of our fans, the Tennessee game, because of the tradition of the game, [is important], so it didn't take long to figure that out."

Saban has said a few times that beating Tennessee means more to him than beating Auburn.

"I think you get very quickly a feel for what your own players on your own team, even that were here before you came here, what's important to them. And it was very obvious to me that the Tennessee game was always the biggest game. It was always the biggest game for us. That's no disrespect to Auburn or the great Iron Bowl rivalries. But to our players and a lot of our fans, the Tennessee game, because of the tradition of the game, [is important], so it didn't take long to figure that out."
Can’t get better than Tennessee vs Alabama. And to be on CBS, man I’m pumped up already. Baaa ba ba ba...ba ba ba ba...baa baa, ba

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

I understand your logic, but he has beaten us 11 straight years, and to say this rivalry hasn’t changed, is a little off right now. I think our program will be competitive very soon, and then this rivalry will begin. It isn’t the feel that I have right now for it. I think our fan base is waiting on it, and it will come.

I will make my mind up Friday, if we can beat them or not. That is my thinking. I want to see the intensity level feel first for the week.

Your eternal optimism is a good quality to have. But I believe you know deep in your heart, that we stand zero chance of winning this Saturday.

Good chance we win out including Saturday. Won’t be easy on Saturday but that’s why it’s the best rivalry in sports.
🙄. There is ZERO chance we win out, including Saturday or not including Saturday. I’d be thrilled finishing up 4-2.

Reactions: Rockyjr
OD, if you think I'm gonna watch an entire Nick Saban press conference just to hear the context of the quote you isolated on, you severely overestimate my interest in the words of an Alabama coach. :)
Oh! Ok! But I was just in awe after he said that. Maybe, he was feeling awful after that comment. I don’t think he should’ve said it.🤔🤭

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back