Nice to start seeing some National BB predictions

F Vitale. He's the worst, and that has nothing to do with this article. Was a horrible coach and brings no insight. I like his excitement, but I could care less what his opinions on teams are.

Edit: okay, maybe not the worst but he's definitely not good. No analyst should be as biased as he his towards a specific conference (ACC)

Dukey V baby!!!!!!

They still won't have this.
That is also my thoughts on the subject. As juniors last year, neither Polson or Hood was able to offer much of anything. I don't see that changing now being seniors either. With both of them being guards, they may find out that they have been replaced in the rotation by the 3 5 star guards Cal brought in. I am pretty sure they was the bottom two of last years rotation as well.

Last edited:
That is also my thoughts on the subject. As juniors last year, neither Polson or Hood was able to offer much of anything. I don't see that changing now being seniors either. With both of them being guards, they may find out that they have been replaced in the rotation by the 3 5 star guards Cal brought in. I am pretty sure they was the bottom two of last years rotation as well.

Kentuckys players last yr wasnt no where near as talented as this group we have coming in.

Kentuckys players last yr wasnt no where near as talented as this group we have coming in.

Seriously? You'd take Hubbs, Thompson, Davis, and Pops, none of which we have seen play, over Noel, Goodwin, Poythress, and Cauley-Stein?

That's two NBA 1st rd picks and two others who would have been had they left, and probably will be next year.

I like our guys coming in, but that's ridiculous.

Seriously? You'd take Hubbs, Thompson, Davis, and Pops, none of which we have seen play, over Noel, Goodwin, Poythress, and Cauley-Stein?
That's two NBA 1st rd picks and two others who would have been had they left, and probably will be next year.

Agree with you about the newbs. But if Beast was referring to our collective team compared to KY's squad last year, orange sun glasses aside, I think I would take our squad.

Agree with you about the newbs. But if Beast was referring to our collective team compared to KY's squad last year, orange sun glasses aside, I think I would take our squad.

Oh ok. When he said "group coming in", it sounded as if he meant newcomers.

Even as a whole team, I don't know if we are more talented as he stated. More cohesive and a better "team"? Perhaps. More talented? I don't believe we have four 1st rounders on this team.

Cauley-Stein is going to be an incredible bust if someone takes him in the 1st round. But, I agree with you that someone will.

Same goes for Poythress. He's not particularly skilled in the post or on the wing.

But like I said, I agree that both will be 1st rounders. Draft express actually has Poythress #28 and Stokes #30.

Cauley-Stein is going to be an incredible bust if someone takes him in the 1st round. But, I agree with you that someone will.

Same goes for Poythress. He's not particularly skilled in the post or on the wing.

But like I said, I agree that both will be 1st rounders. Draft express actually has Poythress #28 and Stokes #30.

If Orton went in the 1st round cauley-stein will. Cal for some reason gets his crappy players drafted too.

Oh ok. When he said "group coming in", it sounded as if he meant newcomers.

Even as a whole team, I don't know if we are more talented as he stated. More cohesive and a better "team"? Perhaps. More talented? I don't believe we have four 1st rounders on this team.

You may have read him right and I misunderstood. Lord knows it wouldnt be my first time. lol

No I agree that we don't have 4 first rounders on this team.(although McRae, Stokes, Hubbs, and Thompson have a outside shot) But I just have a hard time seeing Polythress, Goodwin, and even Cauley-Stein as first round players. Coming into college I have no doubt that I would have called them more talented. But after seeing them play against comparable talent, they look like nice college players at best to me. JMO

You may have read him right and I misunderstood. Lord knows it wouldnt be my first time. lol

No I agree that we don't have 4 first rounders on this team.(although McRae, Stokes, Hubbs, and Thompson have a outside shot) But I just have a hard time seeing Polythress, Goodwin, and even Cauley-Stein as first round players. Coming into college I have no doubt that I would have called them more talented. But after seeing them play against comparable talent, they look like nice college players at best to me. JMO

Goodwin is already a 1st rounder. Taken in the draft this past summer at #29 overall. Poythress and WC-S will be next year most likely, for better or worse. They are unfairly judged by the Calipari standard of one-and-done players that says if you don't go after your freshman season, you won't make it. They, like most freshmen, have holes in their game, but they have another year to work on those and showcase themselves to NBA scouts on a big blue stage.

Goodwin is already a 1st rounder. Taken in the draft this past summer at #29 overall. Poythress and WC-S will be next year most likely, for better or worse. They are unfairly judged by the Calipari standard of one-and-done players that says if you don't go after your freshman season, you won't make it. They, like most freshmen, have holes in their game, but they have another year to work on those and showcase themselves to NBA scouts on a big blue stage.

This is true. I think Phoenix finally drew the short straw tho. :eek:lol:

Sadly I agree with you about WCS being taken in the 1st round. As for Poly I think the D league may have a solid contributor in a couple of years.

This is true. I think Phoenix finally drew the short straw tho. :eek:lol:

Sadly I agree with you about WCS being taken in the 1st round. As for Poly I think the D league may have a solid contributor in a couple of years.

I agree. I loathe Archie Goodwin, though I think his game is made more for the NBA than college ball.

Why so down on Poythress? He averaged 11.2 ppg, 6 rpg, and shot 42% from 3 as a freshman. Its entirely possible he could get lost in the shuffle of the new freshmen, but I don't see him as a D-Leaguer. He just needs to mature mentally and give consistent effort. He has the skill.

All this is JMO.

I agree. I loathe Archie Goodwin, though I think his game is made more for the NBA than college ball.

Why so down on Poythress? He averaged 11.2 ppg, 6 rpg, and shot 42% from 3 as a freshman. Its entirely possible he could get lost in the shuffle of the new freshmen, but I don't see him as a D-Leaguer. He just needs to mature mentally and give consistent effort. He has the skill.

All this is JMO.

My opinion in a nutshell right here. We both know guys can 180 from a previous year. But his body language and effort screams Kenny Hall to me.

Edit: Keith Brumbaugh would probably be a better example than Kenny Hall.

Last edited:
Just another sign it's time for him to hang it up and let BP take his spot .

I think CBS' consensus rankings that came out yesterday had Tennessee at 16.

Agreed, he needs to just go away. He's a caricature of himself now. All he brings to the table is an obnoxious voice and goofy phrases like diaper dandy.

Yep, Corso I feel bad for though.

Corso is really not on to provide a true analysis anymore, and it's been like that for a long time. He created a name for himself and is just kind of comedic relief now. I am pretty sure I knew someone who saw him in a restaurant and he said that he doesn't pick who he thinks will win games. He does it for entertainment. So, he doesn't really do much anymore. Dickie V is kind of the same way but unfortunately, unlike Corso, he still calls games. I probably really only listen to Herbstreit anyways as all of the others aren't very good and won't be held accountable.

VN Store

Back