NFL.com best rookie performances from preseason week 1

I hate using excuses, but our injuries on D and Jones inability to manage internal issues killed us last year. Add to the fact that we had a half*ssed attempt for S&C. I remember watching the A&M game thinking of how much more physical they were than us. I think we had great stamina in games. We just didn't have many explosive players.

Last edited:
i know haden isnt generally regarded as a "burner" but hes an all pro corner and kamara almost outran his angle and got the sideline on him, he barely made the tackle with a shoe string grab there at the end of the second run. Also that first run, the contact that knocked the browns player out didnt even knock Kamara down, only reason he fell was the guy pulling his leg. Incredible power and acceleration!

Reactions: 1 person
I thought Dobbs did pretty well, all things considered. Some lists had him on the "poor performers" and I don't understand why. No, it's not an anti-UT media thing as Barnett is on everyone's "good" lists.

Dobbs had 2 ints but only one was really his fault. He looked good in the pocket and had some drops. Definitely not a poor performer but would say he's been average. Barnett came to play :rock:

I hate using excuses, but our injuries on D and Jones inability to manage internal issues killed us last year. Add to the fact that we had a half*ssed attempt for S&C. I remember watching the A&M game thinking of how much more physical they were than us. I think we had great stamina in games. We just didn't have many explosive players.

Less explosive because they allowed players to make the call on firing the old S&C coach. I get having a philosophy of players leading, but you don't let the lunatics run the asylum. I believe that is where most of the problems started, and that was inexcusable. Maybe somebody on the inside of those situations will write a book on what details we don't know. But there is a lot of lessons to be learned from last year's results.

This must have been a really long list if 2 int.'s made it in the best rookie performances from preseason week one.

This must have been a really long list if 2 int.'s made it in the best rookie performances from preseason week one.

Clown.

He also made plays. Those 2 passes he made to Cobi Hamilton were 2 of the best passes thrown all week. Beautiful touch on the TD and incredible zip on the 44 yard seam throw.

Both throws showed Dobbs arm talent.

I see all of these Vol rookies killing it in the NFL and can't figure out how we lost to SC and Vandy. I think I'm becoming a negavol. Maybe I just need a good night's sleep. Lol.

Not even negavol. We should have won AT LEAST one of those...

Last edited:
On one hand, I'm so stoked that our guys are doing well in the NFL.

On the other hand, I'm concerned. Why weren't we better? Player development? Scheme? What?

You do remember that we had enough injuries to last 10 years. Just wait for this season to begin in just over 2 weeks.

You do remember that we had enough injuries to last 10 years. Just wait for this season to begin in just over 2 weeks.

But WHY? WHY did we have so many injuries? Back to back to back top 5 recruiting classes, yet all of our players are made of glass?

Doubt it..

Auburn had a great OL that season also. And a much more talented bama team tanked the season that year. Im wondering how Saban lost 3 games with Julio, Ingram and Co.?

Jim Mcelwain was their offensive coordinator lololol.

Doing wonders with Floridas offense too...ranked 107th 117th his past two seasons. Cant seem to Develop a QB either.

VN Store

Back