NFL 16-17 MVP Race

Have you checked Manning's record against Brady? I guess that doesn't count. And I'm not picking a fight, I
just don't think you have anything to crow about except for your team's record. And bravo Atlanta and Matty
Ice. But nobody from Atlanta is going to win the MVP, sorry.

Here's a funny stat, before last seasons playoffs, Manning actually had a higher postseason QBR than Brady. He ends up winning the super bowl and his QBR dips. I think for Manning he lacked a consistent defense for most of his career. If I had the choice between Manning + Belicheck or Brady + Gary Kubiak, I'm taking Manning + Belicheck every day of the week.

Have you checked Manning's record against Brady? I guess that doesn't count. And I'm not picking a fight, I
just don't think you have anything to crow about except for your team's record. And bravo Atlanta and Matty
Ice. But nobody from Atlanta is going to win the MVP, sorry.

In the playoffs?

Brady is amazing and may be better than Manning, but he had the GOAT coach and Manning had 5 different coaches. Went to the SB with 2 teams and 4 coaches and some bad defenses.

It's really too close to tell, unless you're just a ring-counter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Zeke is good but come on he's got the best offensive line in the league.

Julio Jones, Matt Stafford, and Derek Carr are my top three

Same OL as last season...nowhere close to the same output. Put Alfred Morris back there and you don't have a MVP discussion. This kid is going to win it.

If Cowboys finish with the best record and he has 2300 and 18, it's likely going to be Zeke. Brady will only have 12 games under his belt. Ryan probably can't keep this level up and Falcons have a history of collapses. Stafford is looking great, but his team probably won't win 10. Julio Jones only has 5 TDs. Carr is actually a good dark horse, IMO.

Yeah Zeke has a great line, but how many times did Peyton win MVP with arguably the best weapons in the league? There is always credit all around when a team has success.

I'd actually put Dak above Zeke. Especially being a 4th Round pick. He's set and tied a few rookie QB records.

Elliot was expected to be good day 1. Dak was not

Although....

15123337_1298225823557436_3738790252076789557_o.jpg

Prescott has fared better statistically through his first nine games than any of the 27 other first-year passers in ESPN's Total QBR vault, which dates to 2006. His 82.5 QBR is better than Andrew Luck's, better than Cam Newton's, better than Russell Wilson's, better than Robert Griffin's, better than Matt Ryan's -- better than them all.

Prescott has completed 66.8 percent of his passes for 2,339 yards (8.4 per attempt) with 14 touchdowns and two interceptions this season. His 106.2 passer rating is fourth best in the NFL.

I'd actually put Dak above Zeke. Especially being a 4th Round pick. He's set and tied a few rookie QB records.

Elliott is on pace to obliterate Eric Dickerson's rookie record. Epic beats unexpected any day of the week and TWICE ON SUNDAY. :)

I could break Dickerson's record behind that OL

Alfred Morris couldn't.
Darren McFadden couldn't.
You couldn't. :)

It's a good to great line...no doubt, but what they threw out there last year didn't match what Zeke has already done. He's having one of those special years that tend to get rewarded.

Alfred Morris couldn't.
Darren McFadden couldn't.
You couldn't. :)

It's a good to great line...no doubt, but what they threw out there last year didn't match what Zeke has already done. He's having one of those special years that tend to get rewarded.

Alfred Morris never got the chance. McFadden put up over 1,000 yards on barely over 200 carries while averaging 4.6 ypc (and not being the feature back until week 6).

And BTW, he's projected to be about 100 yards short of Dickerson's record.

Alfred Morris never got the chance. McFadden put up over 1,000 yards on barely over 200 carries while averaging 4.6 ypc (and not being the feature back until week 6).

I think if his next 7 weeks are like his last 7 weeks, he gets the record.

McFadden did have pretty decent success, but nowhere near Zeke. "Barely" over 200 carries = 240 carries, lol. McFadden also only had 3 TDs. Zeke's got 10 with 7 games left to play.

Zeke has him beat by 0.5 YPC and a whopping 5.7 YPR. Zeke's rushed 20+ attempts 7 times in 9 games. The more carries, the harder it is to keep the YPC up. DMC only did that 4 times in 16 games.

Reactions: 1 person

Which record? Rookie or single season? And I remember last year with McFadden...Cowboys aren't my top team but I live here so I'm invested and get to listen to all the flak that results post disaster. There was nothing remotely special about the running game with McFadden and there wouldn't have been with Morris. Looked more the same post first game against the Giants. Then the SPECIAL happened. This OL is top rate and deserves all the accolades but their job doesn't involve completing the passes or bursting through the holes generated and overwhelming the unfortunate DB standing in the way of the goal line. Last year showed that when you have a mediocre/below average talent behind this line, it reflects in the win/loss column. Both Dak and Zeke are MVP candidates as rookies and my personal belief is that Dak is exceptional and his stats are impressive for a rookie whilst Zak's are plain old impressive...period! RBs have short shelf lives so when one particular season stands out. it's generally rewarded. I think this one will potentially meet that standard.

Running backs usually hit their prime right out of the gate, so zekes success is not much of a surprise.

I think if his next 7 weeks are like his last 7 weeks, he gets the record.

McFadden did have pretty decent success, but nowhere near Zeke. "Barely" over 200 carries = 240 carries, lol. McFadden also only had 3 TDs. Zeke's got 10 with 7 games left to play.

Zeke has him beat by 0.5 YPC and a whopping 5.7 YPR. Zeke's rushed 20+ attempts 7 times in 9 games. The more carries, the harder it is to keep the YPC up. DMC only did that 4 times in 16 games.

Still closer to 200 than 300. And it was 239 :)

I'm not saying Elliot isn't good, he obviously is. But it's not as if he doesn't play behind the best OL in the NFL.

Obviously that helps Dak too, but for me, a 4th round pick doing what he has (also broken records) is better than what a Top 5 has done (expected vs unexpected).

Still closer to 200 than 300. And it was 239 :)

I'm not saying Elliot isn't good, he obviously is. But it's not as if he doesn't play behind the best OL in the NFL.

Obviously that helps Dak too, but for me, a 4th round pick doing what he has (also broken records) is better than what a Top 5 has done (expected vs unexpected).

I still go with epic performance over surprise factor. Adrian Peterson won because he put up the stats...not because he came back from his knee reconstruction. And he had a good OL line blocking for him...as the vast majority of MVP winners can claim...they didn't dock him points for that. :)

Dak mostly hasn't been asked to do as much as the top QBs. And, I don't see why the last part matters. This isn't Most Improved or Biggest Surprise

Ryan and Brady are both much better than Dak, regardless. I think there's zero chance of Dak winning MVP, or even being a finalist. Hopefully people learned from RG3's rookie season that you can't just look at numbers

Ryan and Brady are both much better than Dak, regardless. I think there's zero chance of Dak winning MVP, or even being a finalist. Hopefully people learned from RG3's rookie season that you can't just look at numbers

Yes those 4th quarter drives don't mean s***

And where has Dak ran like RG3?

The reason RG3 did so well was because of his running ability. Once he lost it, he was forced to throw. Not the case with Dak

Yes those 4th quarter drives don't mean s***

And where has Dak ran like RG3?

The reason RG3 did so well was because of his running ability. Once he lost it, he was forced to throw. Not the case with Dak

Neither team asked their QB to throw downfield much at all. Dallas has started to open it up some but it's still a lot of play action and rollouts. You also don't have to necessarily run a lot for your running ability to affect a defense. He's good but he's not a top-10 NFL QB as a rookie

VN Store

Back