Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good tweets from recruits and some players rolling out and already putting together a good staff. We still mad or nah?

Always. I will always hold some hostility, anger, and sadness from this. Not a lot, but I'm a little jaded permanently. It isn't always good to have a look behind the curtain.

Reactions: 2 people
I feel like one of the runners following Forest Gump when he suddenly stopped running, turned around and said: "I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now.

Attachments

• 15f0wo.jpg
    15f0wo.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 6 people
Good tweets from recruits and some players rolling out and already putting together a good staff. We still mad or nah?

While disappointed in the outcome, I'm behind our "New" coach 100%. I wish nothing but success for him. We have a voice, if nothing else, we've learned that. Coach Pruitt needs and deserves our support. Bless our Coach and Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 6 people
OMG, I finally got a mention in a GV News of the Day thread! :hi:

Now I have two tasks (besides working off the clock all weekend to catch up):

1. It's time for my annual take-everyone-off-ignore-and-then-remember-why-I-put-them-on-Ignore-in-the-first-place extravaganza.

2. Find my missing-in-action twin. He owes me an explanation, by golly. I have gotten more DM's and answered more posts since he left...

Reactions: 1 person

1. It's time for my annual take-everyone-off-ignore-and-then-remember-why-I-put-them-on-Ignore-in-the-first-place extravaganza.

2. Find my missing-in-action twin. He owes me an explanation, by golly. I have gotten more DM's and answered more posts since he left...

He hopes he gets restored...soon.

From a peripheral, cursory view, depleting Alabama of coaches would be a positive. Not that I want them at the expense of improving us, because we can do better elsewhere, but watching them squirm like a worm in hot ashes would be relishing.

I don't believe in having an all-VFL staff just because they have ties, but it is paramount that UT have some in place who understand the culture and what it means to be a Volunteer (and being a great coach and recruiter would make it all the merrier). Simply put, I want the best coach money can buy at each position, without going bankrupt. We didn't do that.

Hey Squints, I hear ya man. Here’s my take after 24 hrs.
Doug Matthews said today that Fulmer interviewed each candidate more than 2 times and the first interview was 4 hrs. He also talked to Saban, Richt and Fisher regarding Pruitt. Matthews said he talked to him specifically about embracing the traditions, maxims and history of TN and Fulmer would not have hired ANYONE who wouldn’t commit to being a VFL.
Austin Price just said the hatred for Bama still runs deep in Fulmer and the fact he still thought he was the best candidate to lead TN was very telling. All of that said, I believe him being from 3 straight blue blood programs leading them in defense and winning 2 national titles elevates him over Jeff Brohm or anyone else. He’s as country as cornbread and will fit in to the community simply from that prospective.
Will he win here? No clue. But taking my own personal Gruden lenses off, I think he has a chance to success. He starts at 0. Not trying to convince you man. Just sharing my take.

Reactions: 5 people
Mike Keith from the Titans talking very well of Coach Pruitt. A "homerun hire" and can put together a great staff per his source. Sure hope so.

You guys are the reason I finally joined VolNation. You welcomed me and made this football season bearable. We also went through the whole coaching search together. It was going to be wierd to go to VolNation without the Gruden thread and today I was pleasantly surprised by the new thread. It will be good to see all the familiar posters and really some of the most knowledgable Vol fans. Thanks for the past couple months and the future with a new coach. Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people

Haha, the ignore list dilemma, yep. Most of 'em were just azzez in the Grude threads and are tolerable other places. The others need forgetting.

I am just upset that I can't have a roller coaster emotional ride again....

Have one last Grude One guys...

Out:
Coasty

The word crestfallen is the only one I have. I will try to give him a chance at some point although it is unclear when I'll be able to.

I'm disgusted that things have come to looking for a bammer to save the day. It makes me physically ill.

I may lurk just a bit in the future, but I'm basically out after tonight's press conference. Not out as a TN fan, because that is one if the truest things about me.

Thanks for the laughs and excitement. We were so close.

Stop by every now and then. I've been known to drink a glass or two of wine in the evenings. :whistling:

Hey Squints, I hear ya man. Here’s my take after 24 hrs.
Doug Matthews said today that Fulmer interviewed each candidate more than 2 times and the first interview was 4 hrs. He also talked to Saban, Richt and Fisher regarding Pruitt. Matthews said he talked to him specifically about embracing the traditions, maxims and history of TN and Fulmer would not have hired ANYONE who wouldn’t commit to being a VFL.
Austin Price just said the hatred for Bama still runs deep in Fulmer and the fact he still thought he was the best candidate to lead TN was very telling. All of that said, I believe him being from 3 straight blue blood programs leading them in defense and winning 2 national titles elevates him over Jeff Brohm or anyone else. He’s as country as cornbread and will fit in to the community simply from that prospective.
Will he win here? No clue. But taking my own personal Gruden lenses off, I think he has a chance to success. He starts at 0. Not trying to convince you man. Just sharing my take.

This isn't solely about getting or not getting Gruden. I was always in the camp of - I'll believe it when in see it -, and made that clear early on. I also believe the timing, funds and circumstances were adequately sufficient to hook a trophy catch. All the Haslam/Currie backdoor dealing aside, this was the time to reclaim our spot and show the world that <insert GV's gif - Playtime's over, mother****ers>. That void could've been filled, as I've said multiple times, by a Petersen/Patterson/Shaw-type hire. After doomsday and the Schianamo, Les Miles was the consensus attainable favorite. Most here would've been elated with that hire, including me.

Jeremy Pruitt may possess the gumption (no pun), necessary leadership and skills to be successful, but we've heard this same out-of-tune violin before. I have yet to buy in to any athletic decisions made since the dismissal of Fulmer, and I won't change now. I hope Pruitt is successful, and I believe he has the tools to do it, especially if he surrounds himself with a strong staff. But what I believe -can be- and what -will be- are diametrically opposed at the moment.

Forgive me, but I'm just pissed and am emotionally, mentally and physically sick. But like gas, it'll pass. Like SFD said, I, too, am jaded and will carry scars from this. All I expect is to win. Just win, baby!

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Man what a day. That was a great post GV. Really good. I lurked in the gruden thread for a long time before joining. Thank you everyone for accepting me and I had a great time listening and laughing at the gifs. Y'all are good people for sure. Go vols.........

I have this feeling there are a bunch of guys on here that would love to help integrate you in some form or fashion.

Wish I'd saw her first lol, no woman ever picks me...my problem is I I'm too hard headed and keep getting up after I get knocked down, that happens in everything I do......... I'm gonna go kill something going hunting see y all later.

This isn't solely about getting or not getting Gruden. I was always in the camp of - I'll believe it when in see it -, and made that clear early on. I also believe the timing, funds and circumstances were adequately sufficient to hook a trophy catch. All the Haslam/Currie backdoor dealing aside, this was the time to reclaim our spot and show the world that <insert GV's gif - Playtime's over, mother****ers>. That void could've been filled, as I've said multiple times, by a Petersen/Patterson/Shaw-type hire. After doomsday and the Schianamo, Les Miles was the consensus attainable favorite. Most here would've been elated with that hire, including me.

Jeremy Pruitt may possess the gumption (no pun), necessary leadership and skills to be successful, but we've heard this same out of tune violin before. I have yet to buy in to any athletic decisions made since the dismissal of Fulmer, and I won't change now. I hope Pruitt is successful, and I believe he has the tools to do it, especially if he surrounds himself with a strong staff. But what I believe -can be- and what -will be- are diametrically opposed at the moment.

Forgive me, but I'm just pissed and am emotionally, mentally and physically sick. But like gas, it'll pass. Like SFD said, I, too, am jaded and will carry scars from this. All I expect is to win. Just win, baby!

Go Vols!

I think one of the things a Patterson, Petersen or any other top tier coach would want is stability and unity in leadership. We haven’t had that in 15-20 years. I’m talking about Chanchelor, President and boosters. THAT is where we need some true Tennesseans in my opinion. Fulmer as AD is a step in that direction. You’re right though, it’s bigger than Pruitt.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back