Next years team/lineup

bleedingTNorange

No I'm not writing off this season, and no it's not another one of those next year is the year threads. However, with the news of Maymon returning next year, Jarnell appearing he'll return and Hubbs coming in, I'm very excited for next years team, this will be a long off season.

Here's my best guess, way too early, at a rotation...

PG: Golden 30/ Landry 10
SG: McRae 28/ Hubbs 12
SF: Richardson 30/ Hubbs 10
F: Maymon 30/ Stokes 10
F: Stokes 20/ Yemi 20

Reese, Davis and Edwards probably get a few minutes, and I'm thinking Q will have transferred. If we can find a JUCO PG, that'd be HUGE. (too bad we couldn't have brought back Chris Jones)

Last edited:
No I'm not writing off this season, and no it's not another one of those next year is the year threads. However, with the news of Maymon returning next year, Jarnell appearing he'll return and Hubbs coming in, I'm very excited for next years team, this will be a long off season.

Reese, Davis and Edwards probably get a few minutes, and I'm thinking Q will have transferred. If we can find a JUCO PG, that'd be HUGE. (too bad we couldn't have brought back Chris Jones)

Why is DWade only getting 22 minutes?

Why is DWade only getting 22 minutes?

No Hubbs will start. Im almost sure he will

That was my hardest part. You're gonna have a senior McRae and junior Richardson. Both have played great this season, hard to see them not getting the starts. There's 80 minutes at the 2-3, the wing is gonna be loaded.

If we don't bring in a JUCO PG, and Landry isn't adequate...Maybe McRae gets 10 minute a game at PG?

PG: Golden 30/ McRae 10
SG: McRae 20/ Hubbs 20

????

No Hubbs will start. Im almost sure he will

I thought he would especially over Richardson. I really don't see taking JR off the floor now. If for some reason McRae continues to come off the bench, then maybe CCM decides to do the same next year with him, which is unfortunate. He deserves to start.

I thought he would especially over Richardson. I really don't see taking JR off the floor now. If for some reason McRae continues to come off the bench, then maybe CCM decides to do the same next year with him, which is unfortunate. He deserves to start.

Yea I dont see Richardson off the floor. He's had a starting spot now for about a year almost and has looked solid.

I think Lopez gets the backup point minutes you've allocated to Landry.

Yea I dont see Richardson off the floor. He's had a starting spot now for about a year almost and has looked solid.

Richardson,and McRae are good players but if Hubbs is as good as advertised they are not on his level. We need him on the court as much as possible.

Richardson,and McRae are good players but if Hubbs is as good as advertised they are not on his level. We need him on the court as much as possible.

He can still be on the floor 30 minutes, but letting him come off the bench as 6th man might be less stressful for lack of better words. Also allows him to go in and look for his scoring and not worry about others.

He can still be on the floor 30 minutes, but letting him come off the bench as 6th man might be less stressful for lack of better words. Also allows him to go in and look for his scoring and not worry about others.

I want him to be a one and done player that leads us to our best season ever...... Is that too much pressure? LOL

This could be a special team next year. However, the year after that might be pretty lean. If UT misses the dance this year, is everyone happy with making the NCAA's one year out of four? I know that is looking far in the future, but that is what it looks like at this point. Martin needs to make the dance this year IMO.

This could be a special team next year. However, the year after that might be pretty lean. If UT misses the dance this year, is everyone happy with making the NCAA's one year out of four? I know that is looking far in the future, but that is what it looks like at this point. Martin needs to make the dance this year IMO.

This has been addressed, people worried about after next year, so the 2014-2015 season being lean. IF that happens it means, Richardson, Hubbs and Stokes left early for NBA. That alone would help Martin and recruiting so much, that he could probably bring in a top 10 class that'd help restock us.

Either way, looking wayyyy too far ahead really. Lots of attrition between now and then will happen, guaranteed.

This has been addressed, people worried about after next year, so the 2014-2015 season being lean. IF that happens it means, Richardson, Hubbs and Stokes left early for NBA. That alone would help Martin and recruiting so much, that he could probably bring in a top 10 class that'd help restock us.

Either way, looking wayyyy too far ahead really. Lots of attrition between now and then will happen, guaranteed.

I don't think we have to worry about Richardson leaving early for the NBA. The only player that might is Stokes and right now he hasn't played well enough to even warrant going early.

Q is basically taking up a scholarship. I'll be surprised if he's back next year. Moore better start staying late in the gym or I don't see him being around very long either.

I tell you what looked solid.....the rim off his dunk

Have you ever dunked? How about that 3 he sanked right after that? Give the kid a break he has played his damn heart out and a idiot like you wants to bash him??? As the great Si says, get out of here Jack.

I don't think we have to worry about Richardson leaving early for the NBA. The only player that might is Stokes and right now he hasn't played well enough to even warrant going early.

Q is basically taking up a scholarship. I'll be surprised if he's back next year. Moore better start staying late in the gym or I don't see him being around very long either.

That's why I say it's just too hard to look THAT far ahead. If those guys leave we may bring in JUCOs next year, they'll be here 2 years. There's always transfers in the off season, so who knows?

Try my best here, say we have a great year and stokes and Hubbs bounce, lose: golden, mcrae, edwards, maymon to graduation, we're left with...

Landry
Moore
Richardson
Q
Reese
Davis
Yemi

That's why I say it's just too hard to look THAT far ahead. If those guys leave we may bring in JUCOs next year, they'll be here 2 years. There's always transfers in the off season, so who knows?

Try my best here, say we have a great year and stokes and Hubbs bounce, lose: golden, mcrae, edwards, maymon to graduation, we're left with...

Landry
Moore
Richardson
Q
Reese
Davis
Yemi

And we could add Lyle, Looney, and Lindsey (sp)?

Landry
Moore
Richardson
Q
Reese
Davis
Yemi

That's 6 available scholarships...coming off a final four(remember good enough year for stokes and Hubbs to leave), and putting atleast 2 more into NBA (joining CJ & Tobias)...A class of: Lyle, Lindsey, Looney, Turman and Cofer isn't exactly impossible. You add those 5 to the players listed above and that's a final four team IMO.

Lyle/ Landry
Lindsey/ Moore
Richardson/ Reese
Looney/ Davis/ Cofer
Yemi/ Turman

VN Store

Back