Next Up Jakob Johnson

tumblr_nb7jxaKgKm1smmsbuo1_500.gif

That's just silly talk. If you are comparing AJ to Worley's impact on the team, it's a complete Apples to Oranges comparison, and yet another straw-man argument.

Worley wasn't playing like an NFL caliber QB, much less like a first round pick, like AJ was. AJ could be playing on an NFL roster right now. Worley would have been lucky to play on an Arena football or Canadian Football team.

Sorry, AJ would go no higher than 3rd round -- if even. He's good, but he has a limited skill set from an NFL perspective, and his speed is a factor as well. He does what he does well, but what he doesn't do well, he's just average to below average.

That's just silly talk. If you are comparing AJ to Worley's impact on the team, it's a complete Apples to Oranges comparison, and yet another straw-man argument.

Worley wasn't playing like an NFL caliber QB, much less like a first round pick, like AJ was. AJ could be playing on an NFL roster right now. Worley would have been lucky to play on an Arena football or Canadian Football team.

Sorry, AJ would go no higher than 3rd round -- if even. He's good, but he has a limited skill set from an NFL perspective, and his speed is a factor as well. He does what he does well, but what he doesn't do well, he's just average to below average.

It's refreshing to see someone else with an honest, unbiased evaluation of Mr. Johnson. His absence will not affect this defense going forward.

Wrong. AJ would have gone in the 3rd rd LAST year. That's one reason why he returned. TO IMPROVE HIS GAME. He has, and his PRODUCTION proves it. Your Opinion proves nothing. It's about as solid as your opinion about Dobbs sucking, earlier this year. Numbers don't lie. There are almost no NFL MLB's who can adequately cover a good WR. Period.

AJ has more than enough speed to cover a TE if he has to. If he is cleared of the rape allegations, you will see him go pretty darn high. A lot of NFL teams would love to get the production he is having, on their own team.

It's refreshing to see someone else with an honest, unbiased evaluation of Mr. Johnson. His absence will not affect this defense going forward.

tumblr_ncnhv5F2Yn1smmsbuo1_250.gif

It's refreshing to be dead wrong? That's a new one. :loco:

Last edited:

I don't think we will suffer as much without him as we would if we lost Barnett or Sutton. But, it is crazy talk to suggest that it won't affect us at all. Whatever his faults may be, he is still a tackling machine with a nose for the football, and he played his a*s off every snap.

Reactions: 1 person
Fellas, like I said earlier, this Jakob Johnson cat is a monster. He will fill in the void AJJ leaves open, and he's a lot faster as well. I think volnation will be proud of this kid after Saturday night, IMO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 11
Wrong. AJ would have gone in the 3rd rd LAST year. That's one reason why he returned. TO IMPROVE HIS GAME. He has, and his PRODUCTION proves it. Your Opinion proves nothing. It's about as solid as your opinion about Dobbs sucking, earlier this year. Numbers don't lie. There are almost no NFL MLB's who can adequately cover a good WR. Period.

AJ has more than enough speed to cover a TE if he has to. If he is cleared of the rape allegations, you will see him go pretty darn high. A lot of NFL teams would love to get the production he is having, on their own team.

Yeah, all those missed gap assignments and lightning lateral quickness will result in such a high draft grade. You're just like the rest of the sheep who get infatuated with tackle totals. Stay tuned, jack. We'll see who's right come April.

Just so we're perfectly clear...Where do you have AJ going in the draft? You're basically insinuating that he's improved his stock from being a 3rd round pick during his junior campaign, to an even higher grade following his senior year. Please, tell us when his name will get called? I'll make sure I keep your knuckle-draggin' a$$ off my ignore list until next spring.

Yeah, all those missed gap assignments and lightning lateral quickness will result in such a high draft grade. You're just like the rest of the sheep who get infatuated with tackle totals. Stay tuned, jack. We'll see who's right come April.

Just so we're perfectly clear...Where do you have AJ going in the draft? You're basically insinuating that he's improved his stock from being a 3rd round pick during his junior campaign, to an even higher grade. Please, tell us when his name will get called? I'll make sure I keep your knuckle-draggin' a$$ off my ignore list until next spring.

You called someone a knuckle-dragging a*s because they suggested that AJ *might* have improved his draft stock this season? You really don't handle disagreement well, do you?

AJ has looked quicker this year. He has remained a consistent force in the middle of the field, and has made a few good plays near the sidelines. He has also raced down the field to make a few impressive special teams tackles.

If AJ was truly a 3rd round pick last year, I can't imagine he hasn't done enough to justify bumping him up a bit. To argue that such a view is insane is ..., well, crazy.

Last edited:
You called someone a knuckle-dragging a*s because they suggested that AJ *might* have improved his draft stock this season? You really don't handle disagreement well, do you?

AJ has looked quicker this year. He has remained a consistent force in the middle of the field, and has made a few good plays near the sidelines. He has also raced down the field to make a few impressive special teams tackles.

If AJ was truly a 3rd round pick last year, I can't imagine he hasn't done enough to justify bumping him up a bit. To argue that such a view is insane is ..., well, crazy.

Pro Prospects: Making a case against top Tennessee defender | Josh Kendall | Go Gamecocks

This is the chatter among several scouts. AJ is an absolute liability in pass coverage. In the NFL, they tend to throw the football a little bit. He will not go higher than the third round this year. Book it.

I actually like this

You wouldn't like it ( having Jacob's nickname be "the German Panzer") if you fought in WWII. Tens of thousands of men died to keep us free from these human cockroaches.

It's not a matter of being politically correct, it's about showing appreciation to men who died so we could be free. It's a matter of showing decency toward mothers, fathers, sons and daughters whose life has an empty spot because their man paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Last edited:

He was merely a decent college QB playing in a scheme that didn't fit him.

Worley was playing amazing football before he was hurt. Even the national media was raving about him. How quickly you forget that.Worley could have played and excelled in the system - but not without an OL.

Thig said Jakob was the best HS LB he had ever seen during the recruiting process. Thig has seen a lot of HS LBs in his day so that is saying a lot. I can't wait to see the German destroyer on the field.

Thig said Jakob was the best HS LB he had ever seen during the recruiting process. Thig has seen a lot of HS LBs in his day so that is saying a lot. I can't wait to see the German destroyer on the field.

Where we'll suffer is in those plays where a "football smart" player excels...third downs, red zone and whatnot. These last few games especially, AJ has been opportunistic in the opponent's backfield...things that a 4 year veteran has fine tuned through trial and error but Jakob is an athletic upgrade...I can see potential situations where he can cover or get to a spot a fraction quicker. Hoping the game's slowed down for him and he can exploit those advantages.

Where we'll suffer is in those plays where a "football smart" player excels...third downs, red zone and whatnot. These last few games especially, AJ has been opportunistic in the opponent's backfield...things that a 4 year veteran has fine tuned through trial and error but Jakob is an athletic upgrade...I can see potential situations where he can cover or get to a spot a fraction quicker. Hoping the game's slowed down for him and he can exploit those advantages.

Absolutely agree but since the season has been relegated to a lower tier bowl at best, there is no better time than to put the future commander of our defense in the fire.

No way AJ would of been a 3rd rounder last year. He would of been a 6-7th rounder. Linebackers who are a lot better went in the 4th round like Fortt and Shembo. AJ would be a 6-7th rounder in the last draft.

Absolutely agree but since the season has been relegated to a lower tier bowl at best, there is no better time than to put the future commander of our defense in the fire.

Could solve some questions before we were planning on asking them. :eek:k:

Pro Prospects: Making a case against top Tennessee defender | Josh Kendall | Go Gamecocks

This is the chatter among several scouts. AJ is an absolute liability in pass coverage. In the NFL, they tend to throw the football a little bit. He will not go higher than the third round this year. Book it.

I actually have to agree with d.c here. Aj is my favorite player out there but hes not a true 3 down backer in the league. I think hes a rey maualuga type, which is fine in the right system. Honestly i really really hope my bengals draft him and groom him to replace rey because i love ajs passion and fire. Hes a true leader and will be an asset to any team but there WILL be times where his speed is a liability. This isnt the nfl of 15-20 years ago. Covering a Te isnt what it used to be, not with gronks, jimmy grahams and the like out there.

Link?

I recall Thig saying something along the lines of JJ might be the best LB recruit he had reviewed in that cycle/year. Huge difference in "best ever", but still a very positive assessment.

VN Store

Back