Next Season....

RammerJammer84

What is acceptable ??? I know here at Bama everyone is thinking we will be as good; however i think we will be 8-4 or 7-5... What happens if you guys dont make substantial improvements???

:dunno:

Do what everyone expects. Say the coaches need a couple years to get the program back on top.

But like any fan would, we expect instant success.

It's a no win situation. IMO, I give us 2 years to be back on top of the food chain. :cross:

Originally posted by west tn vol fan@Nov 30, 2005 12:03 PM
I think we will improve drastically, but if we don't somebody will go home and not come back.
[snapback]205682[/snapback]​

Yeah,
The positive thing you guys have is your not as young as we are... and our away schedule next year is murderous kinda like the one you guys had this year...

we are at UT, UF, LSU, and Ark

Regardless of record I want to see the discipline and mental attitude change on this team. Without that change the record means nothing. With that change I see us back on top very soon.

Originally posted by CSpindizzy@Nov 30, 2005 12:07 PM
Regardless of record I want to see the discipline and mental attitude change on this team. Without that change the record means nothing. With that change I see us back on top very soon.
[snapback]205687[/snapback]​

I think thats the thing I am most impressed with about Shula.... with the exception of John Parker Wilson his players seem to be well behaved

Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Nov 30, 2005 1:04 PM
Yeah,
The positive thing you guys have is your not as young as we are... and our away schedule next year is murderous kinda like the one you guys had this year...

[snapback]205684[/snapback]​

ya'll are going to have real tough year with that schedule of away games, especially since croyle is gone (was prothro a senior too?), be interesting to see how Shula gets the offense going. I don't expect too much to change for UT next season, except we might get a little luckier and not make some of the massive mistakes we did to lose several games this season. If we don't get those breaks, then you might see more of a outburst for the removal of fulmer and putting enormous pressure for him to perform in 07 and if he doesn't then we might see a firing. He has got at least 2 more years of mediocrity before they run him out.

Originally posted by Cajun Vol@Nov 30, 2005 12:11 PM
ya'll are going to have real tough year with that schedule of away games, especially since croyle is gone (was prothro a senior too?), be interesting to see how Shula gets the offense going.  I don't expect too much to change for UT next season, except we might get a little luckier and not make some of the massive mistakes we did to lose several games this season.  If we don't get those breaks, then you might see more of a outburst for the removal of fulmer and putting enormous pressure for him to perform in 07 and if he doesn't then we might see a firing.  He has got at least 2 more years of mediocrity before they run him out.
[snapback]205691[/snapback]​

Prothro will be a Sr. next year... I actually think our offense will be improved JPW is a great QB and our offensive line will be older and improved. Our problem is going to arise from having a young defense and I dont think many people realize that. 8 defensive starters are graduating....

Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Nov 30, 2005 1:10 PM
I think thats the thing I am most impressed with about Shula.... with the exception of John Parker Wilson his players seem to be well behaved
[snapback]205690[/snapback]​

I think JPW just made a freshman mistake and got caught (unlike many who do not get caught). I was surprised as the Tuscaloosa PD does a pretty good job taking care of issues such as JPW's. Anyway, I've known his family for several years and while the dad is one of those way over the top jock dad types, JPW has always been a pretty good kid and I wouldn't expect that to happen again. JMO

IMO Shula squeezed blood out of stone this year with lack of depth, experience, etc., but I expect next year will be one of Kines' toughest years as a coach having to replace so many players.

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Nov 30, 2005 12:23 PM
I think JPW just made a freshman mistake and got caught (unlike many who do not get caught).  I was surprised as the Tuscaloosa PD does a pretty good job taking care of issues such as JPW's.  Anyway, I've known his family for several years and while the dad is one of those way over the top jock dad types, JPW has always been a pretty good kid and I wouldn't expect that to happen again.  JMO

IMO Shula squeezed blood out of stone this year with lack of depth, experience, etc., but I expect next year will be one of Kines' toughest years as a coach having to replace so many players.
[snapback]205696[/snapback]​

Well I still think we will have a winning season... Our home schedule with the exception of AU is a cakewalk....

Hawaii
Vanderbilt
Lousiana Monroe
Duke
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Florida International
Auburn

Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Nov 30, 2005 1:04 PM
Yeah,
and our away schedule next year is murderous kinda like the one you guys had this year...

Yes but your overall schedule is still mild. If you don't have 7 wins, Shula should be fired.

You drop an improving S. Carolina for a Vandy team that will lose the SEC's top QB. Your non-conf schedule is Hawaii, UL-Monroe, Duke and Fla Intl. Add Ole Miss and Miss St. and you've got 7 games where you should be a big favorite.

I think we get at least 9 wins with a tougher schedule (non-conf includes Cal, AirForce, Marshall and Memphis - not killer but all teams that will contend for their conf. championships). Add LSU, UF, S. Carolina, Bama, and Georgia. Now, which schedule would you rather have?

Originally posted by volinbham@Nov 30, 2005 12:29 PM
Yes but your overall schedule is still mild.  If you don't have 7 wins, Shula should be fired.

You drop an improving S. Carolina for a Vandy team that will lose the SEC's top QB.  Your non-conf schedule is Hawaii, UL-Monroe, Duke and Fla Intl.  Add Ole Miss and Miss St. and you've got 7 games where you should be a big favorite.

I think we get at least 9 wins with a tougher schedule (non-conf includes Cal, AirForce, Marshall and Memphis - not killer but all teams that will contend for their conf. championships).  Add LSU, UF, S. Carolina, Bama, and Georgia.  Now, which schedule would you rather have?
[snapback]205700[/snapback]​

Oh I totally agree with you that out schedule is very weak, However I also think that the schedule is a result of the NCAA probation.... We are going to pick up FSU in 2007 and Penn State in a couple years.... Also I think they are looking at adding some tougher teams in the near future.... That is one thing I respect about UT is you guys have the toughest non-conference schedule in the SEC year in and year out....

Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Nov 30, 2005 2:04 PM
Yeah,

we'll be fairly young on defense, that's where we'll see the losses from this year....hopefully the offensive players returning will develop over the off season...that'll be the key to next season....

But it really depends on your definition of acceptable? given we have a losing record, it's not enough to say to have a winning season...but it's too much to say we should win the East or SEC next year...i would say to be safe we should expect 8 wins....and not just any 8 wins...we need to beat some of our rivals again...UGA, UF, BAma, LSU, USC...would like to at least see a 2-3 record or better next year against those 5...if we do that, 8-4 should be a lock, with a chance at 9-3...which i think would be huge given this year's performance....

the schedule isn't as brutal as it was this year, but it's no cup cake either...Cal, Florida, @ UGA, Bama, @ USC, LSU, @ Ark...that's a pretty rough 7 games...of course that really depends on how much better Ark gets...and one could definitely argue with UF, Bama and LSU at home that the schedule lines up nicely, and that would be true in most years, and it would also help if we didn't suck out loud at home either, which we've done for the past few years.

At this point, as TN fan, no expectations...only goals. Take nothing for granted...and let's not look to any other games for now except Cal.

short answer: what would be acceptable? Beat Cal. then we'll talke about AirForce.

I think we will be great next year, without focusing on not to lose like we did this season cause we thought we could get a NC.

Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Nov 30, 2005 12:16 PM
Prothro will be a Sr. next year... I actually think our offense will be improved JPW is a great QB and our offensive line will be older and improved. Our problem is going to arise from having a young defense and I dont think many people realize that. 8 defensive starters are graduating....
[snapback]205695[/snapback]​

Prothro isn't actually coming back is he? :eek:

Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Nov 30, 2005 12:35 PM
.... We are going to pick up FSU in 2007 and Penn State in a couple years.... Also I think they are looking at adding some tougher teams in the near future.... 
[snapback]205703[/snapback]​

Sweet, I love these out of conference matchups like Notre Dame/UT, Texas/Ohio State, and so on.

Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Dec 1, 2005 1:25 AM
Why wouldn't pro come back ???
[snapback]206252[/snapback]​

doubt he runs the same way he did.

Originally posted by oklavol@Dec 1, 2005 12:11 AM
doubt he runs the same way he did.
[snapback]206273[/snapback]​

If there is a positive to his injury.... it is the fact that the bone broke and there was no tendon or ligament damage... (Included a picture for you to see) Word is he will be back to normal by beginning of season...

Attachments

• Tyrone_Prothro.jpg
    Tyrone_Prothro.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 3
Originally posted by RammerJammer84@Nov 30, 2005 11:25 PM
Why wouldn't pro come back ???
[snapback]206252[/snapback]​

I just figured that kind of injury was career-ender... worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.

Originally posted by tidwell@Dec 1, 2005 10:18 AM
I just figured that kind of injury was career-ender... worst thing I've ever seen on a football field.
[snapback]206335[/snapback]​

Chucky Mullins...Ole Miss vs. Vandy....sad stuff...that was the worst thing i ever saw.

VN Store

Back