Newcomers not yet on campus: Kelly and Picou

UT is a state university, it may come as a shock to some, but it is for the masses not supposed to be about the academic elite. If that's what folks are into, Vandy, Tulane, and Georgia Tech are down the street. CBJ is correct we need to be on a level playing field academically and athletically as long as we are in the SEC IMO.

College is for HIGHER education, not daycare for the masses. Not for all to attend. Laughable that you feel anyone should be allowed in.

Reactions: 1 person
College is for HIGHER education, not daycare for the masses. Not for all to attend. Laughable that you feel anyone should be allowed in.
Funny you having a reading comprehension deficit, nobody said all. Comical you somehow hold state universities in the same academic esteem and standard as those private maintaining much higher standards??? I get it, you got a full academic ride to Harvard and UT and went with the Big Orange. Proud of you Einstein, great choice!

Reactions: 2 people
UT is a state university, it may come as a shock to some, but it is for the masses not supposed to be about the academic elite. If that's what folks are into, Vandy, Tulane, and Georgia Tech are down the street. CBJ is correct we need to be on a level playing field academically and athletically as long as we are in the SEC IMO.

When I graduated from high school at DB, you either graduated with an academic diploma or a general diploma based on the courses you took. Any student who graduated from a high school in Tennessee with an academic diploma was admitted to UT...the trick was staying in...probably a quarter to a third of the freshman class didn't make it past the second quarter (we had quarters, not semesters). :blink::blink:

Says that and then misunderstand the post.

GO TO KOLLEDGE!!!

Didn't misundrstand anything. You want a school that lets any form of life with an ability to play football into UT to make a great football team for your viewng pleasure. And what you get is low lifes that do nothing but work out al day and assault co-eds in their spare time. Hence, many of your great team is in the judicial system like today. Cheek may eat buggers but I think you have buggers for brains. I agree with him trying to better the academic standard of UT.

We are talking about a very small percentage of students when we are talking about athletes. I don't think having a standard for athletes that mirrors the other schools in the conference lowers the academic standard for UT as a whole.

Didn't misundrstand anything. You want a school that lets any form of life with an ability to play football into UT to make a great football team for your viewng pleasure. And what you get is low lifes that do nothing but work out al day and assault co-eds in their spare time. Hence, many of your great team is in the judicial system like today. Cheek may eat buggers but I think you have buggers for brains. I agree with him trying to better the academic standard of UT.

But aren't the ones in trouble today, the ones that came in and was able to meet the new/higher standard?

no worries with kelly. His high school just didnt graduate earlier enough for him to enroll early.

Yeah a lot of Michigan schools don't end up graduating till mid June because of trimesters and weather

Kelly starts classes next week.

"I can't even explain how happy I am," Kelly said. "I really couldn't wait to get down there. I've been trying to get down there since school let out but now that I'm actually getting down here and I'm ready to work.

"It's definitely a sigh of relief. I can't wait to put on the orange and white."

"I actually talk to the boys almost every day. I actually talk to all the guys in our class every single day," Kelly said. "It means the world. The last time I was down here they told me to get back here as fast as I can. We have a really close bond."

VQ

Reactions: 8 people
John Kelly

“(My weight) was a really up-and-down thing,” Kelly said. “At one point in the summer, I was about 211, and now I’m back down to 208.”

“Once I get my playbook, I’m really going to be in that an awful lot,” Kelly said. “And then (I will be) just really building chemistry with everybody on the team — with the line, the quarterback, everybody.”

“I’m ready to just go in and give it my all,” Kelly said. “I know I’m going to have to step it up as soon as I get with the whole program — the workouts and everything. It’s going to be a competition every single day.

“Nobody’s really guaranteed the starting spot at this moment, so we’re definitely going to be out there competing every day.”

Reactions: 2 people
All we need is for him to give you 3-4 carries in meaningful games and then in garbage time to take the load in the second half.

VN Store

Back