New walk-on lineman added to roster

Don't know about y'all but, I think the positive outweighs the negative here.

The negative: We lost a gigantic olineman that had the size to be a force in the SEC if, he could learn the system and the coaches could develop his skill set.

The positive: It shows that the coaches aren't playing around when it comes to practice. They are going to make you work hard, they'll test you mentally, physically, and they are going to push you to your limit to make you better. If he can't even last a week, then him leaving is the best thing for everyone. The players that deserve to wear the orange and white are the one that give there all every practice, every workout, and every snap. Good luck to the young man. Just another case of waisted potential.

Reactions: 1 person
Although a very large guy, methinks he might have been something that rymes with "P-You-See"! JMO

A shame though, he had a Rockin Mullett! :blink:

I dont even know the kid, but he was more of a VFL than any of you keyboard warriors.

How can someone call themselve a VFL if he just gives up and quits on his team and his coaches? Two or three days in the practice field, no pads, no contact, and he just quits. I'm not trying to be a hard ass. We just have two different opinions about the definition of a true VFL.

How can someone call themselve a VFL if he just gives up and quits on his team and his coaches? Two or three days in the practice field, no pads, no contact, and he just quits. I'm not trying to be a hard ass. We just have two different opinions about the definition of a true VFL.

^Agree! He was not a VFL, he was a VFTM.....

VFTM=Vol For Ten Minutes! JMO

Given our depth, all he had to do was keep his cleats tied. He would have gotten a start somewhere by default.

Hypothetically, he may have been able to get in the rotation. But he'd have been behind Sawyers, Mosley, Mixon and Williams for sure, right? Then next year you add Mckenzie, Picou and possibly DJ Jones/Tuttle/Settle (not sure what the updates are on those guys). Couldn't see him making that much impact in the long run. I'm glad he walked on. If I were that young man I would've done the same thing. I'd like to think I could've stayed... But this is the SEC... You might as well call it NFLjr.

Hypothetically, he may have been able to get in the rotation. But he'd have been behind Sawyers, Mosley, Mixon and Williams for sure, right? Then next year you add Mckenzie, Picou and possibly DJ Jones/Tuttle/Settle (not sure what the updates are on those guys). Couldn't see him making that much impact in the long run. I'm glad he walked on. If I were that young man I would've done the same thing. I'd like to think I could've stayed... But this is the SEC... You might as well call it NFLjr.

Pretty sure he was never considered for the defense. :ermm:

Oh I wasn't serious. I was being silly.

People act like Chad Clifton or Cosey Coleman type talent was walking on.. These walk on stories are a joke especially when presented a story on not really ever played and suddenly going to be in the 'rotation". JOKE

VN Store

Back