New UT parents, where to tailgate on game day?

KvonBCO

I see some of the threads below but some are a bit dated. My wife and I are heading to Knoxville from Colorado for the UTSA game on parent's weekend, our daughter is a freshman. Any suggestions for a tailgate area? We missed the allotment for parent's weekend tailgater and want to get as much out of the game day experience at UT as we can!

I see some of the threads below but some are a bit dated. My wife and I are heading to Knoxville from Colorado for the UTSA game on parent's weekend, our daughter is a freshman. Any suggestions for a tailgate area? We missed the allotment for parent's weekend tailgater and want to get as much out of the game day experience at UT as we can!
Top of G10 parking garage, right between Thompson Boling Arena and Neyland Stadium. easy to find. Loads of tailgates on the top level. Overlooking the river as well, very fun.

Reactions: KvonBCO
Generally west or southwest (river side) of the stadium to crash other tailgates. Setting your own up on campus is getting difficult as the real estate is scarce. Actually getting to and unloading is the issue as there are places to set up (east and west of Clarence Brown Theater for example).

Volunteer Village is at Humanities Tower - but no alcohol there. Easy to get to the Vol Walk that starts at Volunteer Blvd/Circle Park and heads down Peyton Pass by the stadium about 2.5-3 hours before kick-off.

Reactions: KvonBCO
Generally west or southwest (river side) of the stadium to crash other tailgates. Setting your own up on campus is getting difficult as the real estate is scarce. Actually getting to and unloading is the issue as there are places to set up (east and west of Clarence Brown Theater for example).

Volunteer Village is at Humanities Tower - but no alcohol there. Easy to get to the Vol Walk that starts at Volunteer Blvd/Circle Park and heads down Peyton Pass by the stadium about 2.5-3 hours before kick-off.

There is alcohol there. We bought beers in the plaza outside McClung before the KY game last year. Plenty of food vendors, as well. The only downside is there were only two point-of-sale tables for beer, so the lines were extremely long.

Become a Volunteer Club member, even if it’s just for the month of the game you’re visiting. They put on a very good tailgate. Open bar and great BBQ served this weekend.

Come to the top of G10. Plenty of folks would be happy to let you crash. Me included. How many people are you bringing?

Come to the top of G10. Plenty of folks would be happy to let you crash. Me included. How many people are you bringing?
What time does the lot open? And I'm assuming by top you mean the top level?

And do we just pick an open spot or are there spots the regulars have?

Last edited:
Opens at 7am. It’s first come first served, so don’t wait too late. Anytime before 9 will get you a decent spot, just try to find one with a little caution area next to it, for more area to put your tent, etc. And yes, the top level.

Opens at 7am. It’s first come first served, so don’t wait too late. Anytime before 9 will get you a decent spot, just try to find one with a little caution area next to it, for more area to put your tent, etc. And yes, the top level.
what's the $$ to park there?

what's the $$ to park there?

To give you an idea.... there is a G10T pass for the A&M game listed right now in the ticket forum for $500. That's for that 1 game!

I had someone offer to sell me one last weekend for UTSA for $150 and it was just G10 not G10T. And that was UTSA!

To give you an idea.... there is a G10T pass for the A&M game listed right now in the ticket forum for $500. That's for that 1 game!

I had someone offer to sell me one last weekend for UTSA for $150 and it was just G10 not G10T. And that was UTSA!
Yeah, to qualify for that donor level you have to donate 10k a year.

Reactions: KptVFL

lol, i don't know what this means. If I pull up Saturday, what would i be spending to park?

lol, i don't know what this means. If I pull up Saturday, what would i be spending to park?

Cannot pull up there and park. Have to have a pass. It is a donor lot(only people that can park there are high end donors or people they sell their passes to).

The prices I showed are what people resale those passes for is what I meant.

Cannot pull up there and park. Have to have a pass. It is a donor lot(only people that can park there are high end donors or people they sell their passes to).

The prices I showed are what people resale those passes for is what I meant.
G10 is?

VN Store

Back