NEW TN Commitment '17 Jacquez Jones

Great cutting ability and shows nice routes already. Good player for the slot. Just a little undersized but he makes up for it with good speed. Good pick up although I'm not sold he's the best we can get at that position. I wonder if the coaches see him as more an ATH.

puts me in the mind of Pig Howard but the more i look at his tape his body style seems built for corner.

From Barton Simmons, 247:

"Tennessee keeps getting these shifty WRs that can separate. Clear need they've identified and addressed"
yes this x1000000 I think this has been our biggest problem hands down on offense. for the last 3 years separation at the WR has been a big problem compounded by the Oline issues.

Dobbs is not, and never will be, the most accurate of QB's but it's really hard to get the ball to guys that can't get separation. Look at Tebows stats trust me as a QB Dobbs is 3x as accurate as Tebow could ever dream of being but Tebow had a high completion percentage and high ypas why? Because he had a lot of shifty WR's that could get separation. Most remember Percy Harvin who is the definition of this but there were a lot of others.

Closer to 5'9 according to a gator poster who has seen him play. Basically pig

"Basically Pig" sounds pretty good to me. Not asking you to break character with regards to your cynical troll act but is there any information NOT originating from a Gator fan you want to share? Like a film analysis? Review of offer list? Maybe you looked at a picture of this little fella to validate?

Reactions: 2 people
He plays WR or CB.

His speed is deceptive because he's quick footed and shifty.

Runs good routes already, shifty with quick feet, gets open, makes the catch and gets YAC.

Exactly what we need for this type of O.

buTch is stocking the cupboard for our up and coming QB's that will be throwing the ball more.

With AK and Hurd we'll pound the ball more just like least season.

With Dobbs, Hurd and AK all gone we all know we have QB's that can run but can also throw it all over the field and we're setting the stage to run a air raid O if that's what we need to do in the near future.

I still believe we're going to throw the ball more this season and that our TE's will play a bigger part too.

Tough runners, shifty WR's that can get open and TE's that can make plays too will let DeBord open the playbook much more and keep the other teams D more confused.

I think our O is going to surprise some people this season and we know our D is going to Dominate.

This young man fills a good need.

Building a Champion #BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Just for ranking and bragging right purposes I wish we were landing more 4s and 5s. That said, Butch has impressed me with his talent evaluation. A Butch 3* is not the same as a Dooley 3*

Welcome to Rocky Top young man!

I agree completely. And welcome young man.

When he was characterized as a "burner", I was expecting a 40 time better than 4.6, maybe more like 4.4. Am I off base on this?

Watch Latrell Williams film. He was listed at about the same speed. Clearly, he is much faster than that. Williams has blazing speed. Some kids have no idea how to run the 40 yard dash. There is a lot of technique involved in running the 40. There are different types of speed as well. 40 yard dash speed (like Kamara has...he has great acceleration), 100 meter speed (Like Preston Williams and Josh Dobbs have...you don't catch them easily once they get to top speed), and elusive speed...the type of speed that allows a player to change direction quickly.

I admit that I was not thrilled about this commit till I watched his film. He has great speed once he gets to the second level, even guys that have an angle can't catch him. Very good at following his blocks, and good vision too. Could be a good punt returner for us!

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are doing alot of talking yourselves into everything. A 3 star is not really a 3 star if he's from Florida? 4.6 40 is "burner" speed just because he's a Vol now?

I'm all about being hyped for these recruits but hype won't help us win on the field.

We have enough "real" stuff going on that we don't need to over hype every single recruit we get.

VN Store

Back