New Teams in the SEC

Were not kickin vandy or kentucky out cause they bring a lot to basketball and baseball and the nonrevenue sports so we can forget about those two schools. Thought I would add kentucky in there before it even gets started

They're also conference founders

The buy-out will NOT keep a school from switching if they want to. Like aTm said, this is a long-term decision. U's from the states of Virginia and North Carolina obviously make the most sense.

Ultimately I'd like to see us go back to 12. If nothing else kick Mizzou out, I loath that school and don't think they deserve to be in the SEC from a football perspective.

Except that U's from NC and VA don't want to have anything to do with this conference and membership

I saw an article today that said the SEC would go after Virginia Tech and Clemson next year. If this happens A&M and Missouri would move to the west and Virginia and Clemson would be in the east. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this.

I'm more of a CHEVYMAN myself.......

I saw an article today that said the SEC would go after Virginia Tech and Clemson next year. If this happens A&M and Missouri would move to the west and Virginia and Clemson would be in the east. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this.

ACC instituted a 10 million buyout. Who's leaving at that price?

School has to pretty much pay the buyouts on their own, iirc.

(if i recall correctly, again, part of missouri's consideration had to be that they were at one point looking at paying around a $25 mil buyout or so)

I mean it doesn't really matter though. VT pretty much shot down any attempts at interest from the onset of post-aTm expansion; Clemson essentially did the same as soon as their name came into rumors of serious consideration

Last edited:

VN Store

Back