New Site Design

I believe we had new threads and hot threads seperate rather than with different tabs, but besides that nitty gritty, I like it, just need to get used to it. And as I stated before, the fact that it is easier to access (to get into the forums) on Mobile mode is a major plus in my opinion.

No complaints whatsoever from me, just very proud that this site is getting its due by being affiliated with ESPN. Keep up the hard work and thanks a ton Freak.

I believe we had new threads and hot threads seperate rather than with different tabs, but besides that nitty gritty, I like it, just need to get used to it. And as I stated before, the fact that it is easier to access (to get into the forums) on Mobile mode is a major plus in my opinion.

No complaints whatsoever from me, just very proud that this site is getting its due by being affiliated with ESPN. Keep up the hard work and thanks a ton Freak.
I think we had the hot forum thread and new forum threads in tabs before -- didn't we?

What do you mean, it's easier to access in mobile mode? The front renders better on your phone now?

I think we had the hot forum thread and new forum threads in tabs before -- didn't we?

What do you mean, it's easier to access in mobile mode? The front renders better on your phone now?

Correct. The text and logo in comparison to the past is much smaller on the home page via mobile mode. You no longer have to constantly scroll down through the pictures of Kiff, Pearl, and Summitt etc.

May!!!?

Understatement of the year so far.

I guess some of us consider the ability to understate things as a gift.

Kinda makes things difficult for those who are looking for something to offend them. :)

Looks great on my Commodore 64! 13" 350x225 res, green and black baby, the way computing ought to be! Started loading the page last night, should be able to see it tomorrow!

:post-4-1090547912:

How much has loaded so far?

But if you ever want to upgrade to some real speed, get yourself a XT,

The site is awesome. Why don't you guys let Freak get some rest?

This is great! VN rocks!

Freak, 2 questions.

1. Can you add Today's Posts back to the home page, somewhere? That was my favorite way to search the site.

2. When I use the Opera Mini plugin for BB Pearl, there is a huge area of open space in the middle of the page with the information being crammed on the sides of the screen. I think I read on a different thread that you were looking into something for the BB's, but I didn't know if that would only apply to the BB's own browser. I just never have been a big fan of the BB browser.

(Love the new site, btw. Mine are just minor complaints that stem from laziness. I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.)

We're all very spoiled with his user friendly design. If you doubt me cruise some other sites, especially outside the SEC. Those sites if you were'nt there at the beginning good luck navigating.

Freak, 2 questions.

1. Can you add Today's Posts back to the home page, somewhere? That was my favorite way to search the site.

2. When I use the Opera Mini plugin for BB Pearl, there is a huge area of open space in the middle of the page with the information being crammed on the sides of the screen. I think I read on a different thread that you were looking into something for the BB's, but I didn't know if that would only apply to the BB's own browser. I just never have been a big fan of the BB browser.

(Love the new site, btw. Mine are just minor complaints that stem from laziness. I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.)

1. I didn't realize the new posts weren't showing, thanks. Can you see them now?

2. I will check out the site on opera so that I can see what you are referring to.

We're all very spoiled with his user friendly design. If you doubt me cruise some other sites, especially outside the SEC. Those sites if you were'nt there at the beginning good luck navigating.

That is the absolute truth right there.

when i first came here under the new design, i just looked at the home page for like 10 minutes in awe. it looks great :clapping:. however, i dont know how i feel about the whole ESPN thing... :unsure: what if they somehow get ahold of stuff and manipulate our posts to praise tebow and bash the vols? that would be bad news bears.

I still don't see it, but I may be overlooking it.

Thanks, freak. It is pretty awesome to be able to talk to the site admin and them be willing to listen to requests.

Are you talking about new posts on the forum page or the site home page?

Are you talking about new posts on the forum page or the site home page?

Think of bugs bunny with the light bulb going off over his head and that is me right now.

I never knew New Posts - Vols Only was an option on pretty much every page except the site home page. I see that, now. On the old site home page, there was a link at the bottom of the Forum lists for Today's Posts that I used to get to the same place as New Posts.

Think of bugs bunny with the light bulb going off over his head and that is me right now.

I never knew New Posts - Vols Only was an option on pretty much every page except the site home page. I see that, now. On the old site home page, there was a link at the bottom of the Forum lists for Today's Posts that I used to get to the same place as New Posts.

Ah, now I know what you are referring to. I probably need to add that back.

I have a question about the orange header on the home page? Fist thing after the change over,it went to being inset 1" on both ends.Today its just inset on the right side 2" I thought initially it was due to my monitors resolution 1640-1180 or something close.However if that were true I don't think it would have changed today.
Is it supposed to be inset or all the way across the top?

I have a question about the orange header on the home page? Fist thing after the change over,it went to being inset 1" on both ends.Today its just inset on the right side 2" I thought initially it was due to my monitors resolution 1640-1180 or something close.However if that were true I don't think it would have changed today.
Is it supposed to be inset or all the way across the top?
You mean 1 or two pixels?

VN Store

Back