New Poll: Bajakian week 7 2014

New Poll: Bajakian week 7

• Total voters
Who knows at this point?

In year 2 of installing an offense you can't just abandon it because the personnel doesn't work with it can you? We all knew the OL was going to be an issue and we all knew what Worley could do with, lets say, a good OL last year. I think the OC is calling plays that don't fit the system because of these limitations.

Like you said "Who Knows?" but what we are doing its not working.

I'm getting very worried about this. I think Butch = this offensive philosophy. Not clear yet if this will work in the SEC. Certainly not clear it will work with our current stable of QBs and Dormandy.

Bajakian though pulls at least one drive killing Bonehead play every game. Double reverse with guys encamped in your backfield?

I can agree with this.
The double reverse call was a troublesome call. Definitely a red flag to me.

I always go back to last year

We saw basically the same calls with an experienced line

That's what has me hesitant to say it will change

This is the primary reason I don't think it's personnel.

Our coaches did the exact same stuff last year with a great OL, no TEs, and one above average receiver that they are doing this season with no OL, very good receivers, and two good tight ends.

That tells me the coaches care a lot more about their "system" than adjusting to personnel, which is a major red flag for me.

Reactions: 2 people
In year 2 of installing an offense you can't just abandon it because the personnel doesn't work with it can you? We all knew the OL was going to be an issue and we all knew what Worley could do with, lets say, a good OL last year. I think the OC is calling plays that don't fit the system because of these limitations.

Like you said "Who Knows?" but what we are doing its not working.

Well, this goes back to the in vogue argument around here nowadays. Change the system to fit the personnel, or keep the system in place until you get the personnel? Which one most benefits the long run?

Reactions: 1 person
Last year, as the defense gave up big play after big play, I never would have thought they would have been this good... Give him one more year.

I voted to adjust. My opinion is that we should take our time and huddle every now and then. Give the OC a chance to think about the next play based on progress of current play. It seems as if we try tempo but run the same plays and at times pick something and hope it works.

This ^^^ with a defense as good as ours and a struggling offense we need to take our time, make sure we are in the right call and at worst give our defense a little break and play field position. When your offense is struggling going fast only causes more room for error and turnovers which is when our games get out of hand. I think its fine to go fast all week in practice if that is the goal but its obvious that our offense is not performing at a level high enough during games to execute this.

I wouldn't be against putting out feelers for a new OC

Yeah because a new OC never sets you back a couple years. Smdh at some of the best armchair qb's in the country. It's been 19 games for this offense, that's not very long in the grand scheme.

Yeah because a new OC never sets you back a couple years. Smdh at some of the best armchair qb's in the country. It's been 19 games for this offense, that's not very long in the grand scheme.

Gus put his in in one season going 12-2.

Two words

Big East

Where you're at doesn't matter if the level of talent is even vs the teams you play.
And right now our talent on OL is way lower than what we are playing against. I would venture to guess that any blocking style or offensive scheme would look equally as bad as ours has thus far.

Where you're at doesn't matter if the level of talent is even vs the teams you play.
And right now our talent on OL is way lower than what we are playing against. I would venture to guess that any blocking style or offensive scheme would look equally as bad as ours has thus far.

Two more words

Dave Clawson

VN Store

Back