New Nike Uniforms

The orange and whites look great. The black stripe on the grays wasn't necessary. Adidas greys were better but overall big improvement in bball unis.

I like them all. Love them actually, best we've looked in a good while.

The orange is the right shade IMO. Was too dark on last years jerseys. I have to say though, Adidas smoky Greys for men's basketball were better than the new smokey grays from Nike. Only in basketball though.

The orange is the right shade IMO. Was too dark on last years jerseys. I have to say though, Adidas smoky Greys for men's basketball were better than the new smokey grays from Nike. Only in basketball though.

I'm not totally crazy about the "VOLS" having a darker outline behind it, but otherwise I like these alternates better. I thought the Adidas ones looked kind of cheap.

I thought this was cool, the Smokey Greys were actually designed with history in mind:

CI6puWaWgAAb46U.jpg

They took elements from the 1909-10, 1911-12, and 1940-41 uniforms:

CI6puG5W8AASk8e.jpg

CI6puH2WUAA-lCD.jpg

CI6puE0WgAAPpMO.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I thought this was cool, the Smokey Greys were actually designed with history in mind:

CI6puWaWgAAb46U.jpg

They took elements from the 1909-10, 1911-12, and 1940-41 uniforms:

CI6puG5W8AASk8e.jpg

CI6puH2WUAA-lCD.jpg

CI6puE0WgAAPpMO.jpg

They talked about that in the reveal show yesterday. Cool to actually see the unis they were designed from though.

I'd like to see another alternate throwback down the road sometime with the script "Vols" on the front, similar to what Michigan State had recently.

Reactions: 2 people
These

Attachments

• michigan-state-hyper-elite-dominance-675x380.jpg
    michigan-state-hyper-elite-dominance-675x380.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 6
Bball unis are unreal.
Wish the football unis had some of that shadowing of the power T. Very nice.

I actually like the lady's smokey grey better than ours, I mean I know with Dunbar wearing it, how could it look bad ?

The way bball is going they'll be wearing helmets.

Haha thats Under armour. Nike pretty vanilla in bball. Imo

But, in bball Nike puts a extra light silhouette on the back, underneath the number. The smokies would look nice on the UTs.

Last edited:
Haha thats Under armour. Nike pretty vanilla in bball. Imo

But, in bball Nike puts a extra light silhouette on the back, underneath the number. The smokies would look nice on the UTs.

With how many alternates given to Nike Elite schools I wouldn't put it past them. We will have some nice variety in Basketball.

I'd love to have a smokey grey ( is that the correct use ?) to hang on my wall/ frame.

Not sure if Nike is calling them "Smokey" or "Smoky," but the mountains are the Smoky Mountains. "Gray" and "grey" are both acceptable. Gray is more or less the Americanized spelling from grey of the UK.

I'm fine with the uni's. Not so much with the numerals, but I'll survive, I guess.

Not sure if Nike is calling them "Smokey" or "Smoky," but the mountains are the Smoky Mountains. "Gray" and "grey" are both acceptable. Gray is more or less the Americanized spelling from grey of the UK.

Never really thought about the difference in spelling of "smoky"/"smokey", but the school mascot is spelled with the E, which is interesting since I had always assumed he was named after the Smoky Mountains.

VN Store

Back