New knife law in Tennessee

About what I figured.

Historically it was scare tactics. "Criminals use switchblades and you can't even see them!" sort of thing. So New York (who would have guessed that...) was the first State to pass a ban on switchblades to combat gang warfare.

Or so they say.

Can we open carry one of these now?

kq_machete-kills_wide-620x349.jpg

it's never been illegal to carry a Nerf sword in public

I've got several smith n wesson auto knives that I carry from time to time. Bought them at knifeworks on 66 on trips home. They are fully automatic but "flip out" instead of popping straight out the end of the handle. 4" blades make them legalish. The old ones were made at Taylor cutlery in kingsport...now I think they come from china like everything else. Much better steel used in the benchmades etc. But if you have good stones you can still keep em sharp. You get what you pay for most of the time IMO when it comes to blades.

I've got several smith n wesson auto knives that I carry from time to time. Bought them at knifeworks on 66 on trips home. They are fully automatic but "flip out" instead of popping straight out the end of the handle. 4" blades make them legalish. The old ones were made at Taylor cutlery in kingsport...now I think they come from china like everything else. Much better steel used in the benchmades etc. But if you have good stones you can still keep em sharp. You get what you pay for most of the time IMO when it comes to blades.

I use to buy a lot of knives from Taylor Cutlery in Kingsport and sold them on the wholesale market . They did not make them, they were made especially for them but they were imported . They had some good looking knives . The last business I did with them was in the late 1990's. Are they still in business?

Ordered a Boker 714 with a leverlock from a place in Texas yesterday. I may go troll a couple of shops on my lunch hour to see if anyone has inventory to peruse. So far the only shop that I know for sure is stocked is Nashville Sporting Arms on Charlotte, which claims to have a bunch of Pro - Tech automatic knives coming in today.

I use to buy a lot of knives from Taylor Cutlery in Kingsport and sold them on the wholesale market . They did not make them, they were made especially for them but they were imported . They had some good looking knives . The last business I did with them was in the late 1990's. Are they still in business?

Seems like all Stewart does these days is move dirt around on the southeastern quadrant of the I26/I81 interchange and talk about future anchor stores.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe so. I think there still is a blade length restriction but haven't looked it up yet.
Removal of blade length limits was also part of the law. I think you can legally strap on a sword or machete and hit the town. Unlike the carry laws there is no provision for possession while consuming alcohol or posting on private property so I'm not sure what your local watering holes will do about this.

Removal of blade length limits was also part of the law. I think you can legally strap on a sword or machete and hit the town. Unlike the carry laws there is no provision for possession while consuming alcohol or posting on private property so I'm not sure what your local watering holes will do about this.

Yup. I've been looking at bastard swords and claymores just cause.

Today I learned i'm a lot less nerdy than I previously thought.

You neckbeards and your swords and knives....

Meh I just embrace my nerdy side. The same set of friends I play Basketball with, I also play Dungeons and Dragons with.

VN Store

Back