New Japanese Baseball Game (PS5/STEAM)

Color me impressed. Looks great! I'm getting bored with the Show so I need a new baseball gaming experience.

Color me impressed. Looks great! I'm getting bored with the Show so I need a new baseball gaming experience.
I'm just going to say it, The Show has been stagnant ever since it went multiplat. It's like SDS just stopped trying. They've been using the same tired engine for years with the same character models with the same dead-pan eyes since the start of last gen. It's still a good game but there's been no true innovation for a long time. It's starting to reach that "Madden" level where it's the same game every year with roster updates.

I'm just going to say it, The Show has been stagnant ever since it went multiplat. It's like SDS just stopped trying. They've been using the same tired engine for years with the same character models with the same dead-pan eyes since the start of last gen. It's still a good game but there's been no true innovation for a long time. It's starting to reach that "Madden" level where it's the same game every year with roster updates.
Part of that is that they are forced to still make the game for last gen consoles. Will not update the engine until they cut the poors from the teet. Poors is a joke and I hope I didnt offend anyone.

Reactions: Pennheel
Been playing Pro Yakyuu and PawaPuro for years, importing them from Play-Asia.

If you guys are buying, be ready to use google translate. There are no English options for this. But it is 100% worth it.

Last edited:
Been playing Pro Yakyuu and PawaPuro for years, importing them from Play-Asia.

If you guys are buying, be ready to use google translate. There are no English options for this. But it is 100% worth it.

All these years, and I never considered Japanese baseball games as an option. After this video, I'm so down for this. That trailer and the tech they showcase, is lightyears ahead of The Show. Just that and the mere fact that it's fresh, should be enough to overcome my resentment of The Show over the past few years.

The Show has become Madden, with the monetization of everything and the over emphasis on buying packs and those modes. They barely touch RTTS or Dynasty/Franchise anymore. Skipped last year, bought this year and I'm done.

Reactions: Pennheel
All these years, and I never considered Japanese baseball games as an option. After this video, I'm so down for this. That trailer and the tech they showcase, is lightyears ahead of The Show. Just that and the mere fact that it's fresh, should be enough to overcome my resentment of The Show over the past few years.

The Show has become Madden, with the monetization of everything and the over emphasis on buying packs and those modes. They barely touch RTTS or Dynasty/Franchise anymore. Skipped last year, bought this year and I'm done.
I hope you all buy it. Would be cool to be able to play it online for once.

Do you have some suggestions on where to buy? Having never dealt with buying games like this before, I’d rather travel a road that’s been traveled.
Play-Asia.com or alternatively make a Japanese PSN account then buy a PlayStation bc gift card in yen so you can purchase it.. also from play-Asia. But the gift card for digital purchases are instant. Importing the game physically takes two weeks or so

Play-Asia.com or alternatively make a Japanese PSN account then buy a PlayStation bc gift card in yen so you can purchase it.. also from play-Asia. But the gift card for digital purchases are instant. Importing the game physically takes two weeks or so
I've got the download only version of the PS5, so I'll have to take the Japanese PSN account method. Which is fine, speedier anyway.

VN Store

Back