New GOP Public Enemy No. 1: Taylor Swift

I completely forgot about Winslow with the Chargers. Dude was a stud.

His son played but I think got in trouble.
His son, the "I'm a soldier" idiot.

His son was a poster boy for what steroids can do to a person's anger management. What a jerk wad he was. And a rapist, if I recall correctly.

His son, the "I'm a soldier" idiot.

His son was a poster boy for what steroids can do to a person's anger management. What a jerk wad he was. And a rapist, if I recall correctly.
Yeah, I seem to recall something about sexual assault.

I have heard some comments but not necessarily political.

I have heard people talk about Swifties being cult/too obsessive. Not a cut at Taylor Swift, herself, but her fanbase.

This happens with most big-time entertainers and frankly has happened throughout my life. It is also partially true, we worship celebrities (singers, actors, athletes, etc.) too much and need to build our own lives.

Not really 100% political in that it is Democrat vs. Republican but rather more cut at society.
Yeah, while I cannot recall a specific instance, if I've heard something it has been along the lines of what you said, more of a swing at society: "Get off my lawn!"

Reactions: volbound1700
You know, I live in the most-Republican (reputed) county in Tennessee. Most of my friends naturally lean to the right. Based purely on anecdotal evidence, I would say most are conservative in regards to the government and probably libertarian on social views (don't care what people do in their personal lives, just leave them out of it and don't insist they condone it).

With that in mind, I've not heard anyone, not one person, bring Taylor Swift and her political leanings up in conversation. Didn't come up at the last county party meeting. No one brought up Taylor Swift at last week's Rotary meeting, which I can assure everyone is not a Democratic bastion here. Personally, if I were not married to my high school sweetheart, I would wish I was young enough to give her a run. I do admittedly admire the young woman's form. So, other than nutcases, where are these tens of millions of Taylor Swift-hating people located?

The Id?
I think your goober crew of useful idiots, like Tucker, tried to make it a wedge issue but Taylor demonstrated that no one can hate a pretty white blond girl.

I think your goober crew of useful idiots, like Tucker, tried to make it a wedge issue but Taylor demonstrated that no one can hate a pretty white blond girl.

I hate to judge someone is a complete idiot before all the facts are in, but what in h#ll are you talking about?

EDIT: I already know the answer to the complete idiot question, I'm just curious how you came up with that asinine statement?

You know, I live in the most-Republican (reputed) county in Tennessee. Most of my friends naturally lean to the right. Based purely on anecdotal evidence, I would say most are conservative in regards to the government and probably libertarian on social views (don't care what people do in their personal lives, just leave them out of it and don't insist they condone it).

With that in mind, I've not heard anyone, not one person, bring Taylor Swift and her political leanings up in conversation. Didn't come up at the last county party meeting. No one brought up Taylor Swift at last week's Rotary meeting, which I can assure everyone is not a Democratic bastion here. Personally, if I were not married to my high school sweetheart, I would wish I was young enough to give her a run. I do admittedly admire the young woman's form. So, other than nutcases, where are these tens of millions of Taylor Swift-hating people located?

The Id?

That's because you probably don't hang out with idiots. Conversely, most of our super far righties on here also happen to be idiots.

That's because you probably don't hang out with idiots. Conversely, most of our super far righties on here also happen to be idiots.
You made me laugh. Yes, I do try to avoid idiots of all walks of life and have met enough along the way to recognize them quickly. To be fair, the fringes on both sides here are idiots.

You made me laugh. Yes, I do try to avoid idiots of all walks of life and have met enough along the way to recognize them quickly. To be fair, the fringes on both sides here are idiots.

Absolutely, but there's a bit of a lopsided difference in the number of one group here as opposed to another.

If I'm Reid, I'm asking the execs to trade Kelce before the superbowl parade even takes place. Screaming at and shoving your head coach is absolutely insane. Beyond the pale. Not to mention it would free up a gazillion dollars.
It's football at the highest level. They aren't trading what could end up being the best TE of all time because he had a disagreement with the HC. Don't be so soft.

It's football at the highest level. They aren't trading what could end up being the best TE of all time because he had a disagreement with the HC. Don't be so soft.

"Don't be so soft". You sound like those people who talk about how much better football was when safeties were allowed to head hunt on deep crossers. Just because Reid isn't too perturbed about it doesn't mean it wasnt a total shark jumping moment for player/coach relations. That's a hall of fame coach being dressed down and body checked in front of millions of people. That is unacceptable by any player ever in any situation. And Gimme a break with the Kelce love. He's great, but he is also the beneficiary of an offense featuring a once in a generation type qb. That offense would still be humming with any old tight end. They could trade Kelce for picks and a lesser tight end and still have a superbowl caliber roster.

Last edited:
"Don't be so soft". You sound like those people who talk about how much better football was when safeties were allowed to head hunt on deep crossers. Just because Reid isn't too perturbed about it doesn't mean it wasnt a total shark jumping moment for player/coach relations. That's a hall of fame coach being dressed down and body checked in front of millions of people. That is unacceptable by any player ever in any situation. And Gimme a break with the Kelce love. He's great, but he is also the beneficiary of an offense featuring a once in a generation type qb. That offense would still be humming with any old tight end. They could trade Kelce for picks and a lesser tight end and still have a superbowl caliber roster.

Agree with you on the antics but dude is already a Top 3 all time TE.

Dude had 3,900 yards, 307 receptions, 12.7 YPC in his first 57 starts with Alex Smith throwing to him.

All of which blow Tony Gonzalez's first 4 years out of the water...

The Id?
My experience is that some people take not agreeing she's a great singer and songwriter and worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize as hate.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
KC's offense wasn't that great this year

Yeah. They've got some areas to improve. Freeing up one gazillion dollars would go a long way to help, especially with Reid's evaluations and that front offices' willingness to bend over backwards to get him what he wants.
It wouldn't surprise me if Kelce didn't take a huge increase to stay with the team. We'll see. That sideline interaction may fester and send him on his way. It will be up to Reid

Kelce is under contract next year. They have plenty of money and picks for another WR. Kelce is not going anywhere unless he changes course and decides to retire lol

Kelce is under contract next year. They have plenty of money and picks for another WR. Kelce is not going anywhere unless he changes course and decides to retire lol
Agreed. Almost zero chance of retiring considering he's still playing at such a high level. Also, if he has a brand (I dont know if he does) and people that advise him on his brand, he's reaching a level of marketability which will transcend sports. It would be foolish to toss that aside as it's heating up.

Reactions: hog88

As someone mentioned, his stats were incredible even with a mid QB like Alex Smith was tossing it to him.

He's going to retire as a top 3. To doubt that is silly.

VN Store

Back