New GOP Public Enemy No. 1: Taylor Swift

It's Kelce, Gronk, and Gonzalez in some order. Gronk and Kelce at their peaks are far better than Gonzalez. Gonzalez beats them on compiling for sure...

Witten was a Gonzalez like compiler who really wasn't an elite game changer. Great player and HOFer for sure but he didn't impact game in the way the other 3 did.
Not that I'm a religious NFL watcher, but I'd put Gronk, in his prime, in the top spot. Hard to tell though how much of that was Brady (but Kelce has had mahomes for much of his career as well).

Reactions: NashVol11
Not that I'm a religious NFL watcher, but I'd put Gronk, in his prime, in the top spot. Hard to tell though how much of that was Brady (but Kelce has had mahomes for much of his career as well).

I'm with you but I'd say Kelce is far more important to what KC does on offense than Gronk was for NE's offense...

You know, I live in the most-Republican (reputed) county in Tennessee. Most of my friends naturally lean to the right. Based purely on anecdotal evidence, I would say most are conservative in regards to the government and probably libertarian on social views (don't care what people do in their personal lives, just leave them out of it and don't insist they condone it).

With that in mind, I've not heard anyone, not one person, bring Taylor Swift and her political leanings up in conversation. Didn't come up at the last county party meeting. No one brought up Taylor Swift at last week's Rotary meeting, which I can assure everyone is not a Democratic bastion here. Personally, if I were not married to my high school sweetheart, I would wish I was young enough to give her a run. I do admittedly admire the young woman's form. So, other than nutcases, where are these tens of millions of Taylor Swift-hating people located?

The Id?

You know, I live in the most-Republican (reputed) county in Tennessee. Most of my friends naturally lean to the right. Based purely on anecdotal evidence, I would say most are conservative in regards to the government and probably libertarian on social views (don't care what people do in their personal lives, just leave them out of it and don't insist they condone it).

With that in mind, I've not heard anyone, not one person, bring Taylor Swift and her political leanings up in conversation. Didn't come up at the last county party meeting. No one brought up Taylor Swift at last week's Rotary meeting, which I can assure everyone is not a Democratic bastion here. Personally, if I were not married to my high school sweetheart, I would wish I was young enough to give her a run. I do admittedly admire the young woman's form. So, other than nutcases, where are these tens of millions of Taylor Swift-hating people located?

The Id?
The Haties are located on the internet

The Id?
It's not as many as people claim. Some high profile Republicans have made comments, but that's about it

I don't like Taylor Swift, on account of how she treats her ex-boyfriends. Basically, she chews men up and spits them out, then creates victim tales and songs about them. Tebow was smart enough to stay the heck away from her. BUT, if Trump hates her, I love her, for that reason alone. And to think when he was first elected, I thought, "Well, he's a businessman, and the USA could use one in office for sure." Duped myself in thinking that.

It's Kelce, Gronk, and Gonzalez in some order. Gronk and Kelce at their peaks are far better than Gonzalez. Gonzalez beats them on compiling for sure...

Witten was a Gonzalez like compiler who really wasn't an elite game changer. Great player and HOFer for sure but he didn't impact game in the way the other 3 did.
Exactly. Witten was an elite safety net. But he wasn't breaking the game open like Kelce can.

Gotta keep in mind the difference a good QB, O line, and system mean for the TE position. Hard to compare apples to apples over the decades.

Gotta keep in mind the difference a good QB, O line, and system mean for the TE position. Hard to compare apples to apples over the decades.

True, but Kelce is 7x All Pro. Winslow had 3 elite seasons.

Winslow at his peak was Gronk, Kelce-esque but the peak was way too short...

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

The Id?

I have heard some comments but not necessarily political.

I have heard people talk about Swifties being cult/too obsessive. Not a cut at Taylor Swift, herself, but her fanbase.

This happens with most big-time entertainers and frankly has happened throughout my life. It is also partially true, we worship celebrities (singers, actors, athletes, etc.) too much and need to build our own lives.

Not really 100% political in that it is Democrat vs. Republican but rather more cut at society.

If I'm Reid, I'm asking the execs to trade Kelce before the superbowl parade even takes place. Screaming at and shoving your head coach is absolutely insane. Beyond the pale. Not to mention it would free up a gazillion dollars.

VN Store

Back