New Division I AP rankings are out.

Please God give me a CNCChris vs. Ziti showdown

This WWE Pay-Per-View is just what the Dr. ordered to cheer up from the Schiano/Currie BS and tie us over until Mercer.

Ziti and I know each others stance and any showdown on this subject would just be a rerun of one before. I respect his opinion, and though we often disagree, I think he has a lot more knowledge of the sport and the team than 90% of the people who post here. We want the same thing, we just disagree about how to get there quite often.

And that whole JP Prince thing. :)

Reactions: 4 people
Ziti and I know each others stance and any showdown on this subject would just be a rerun of one before. I respect his opinion, and though we often disagree, I think he has a lot more knowledge of the sport and the team than 90% of the people who post here. We want the same thing, we just disagree about how to get there quite often.

Respect. :hi:

Reactions: 2 people

Yeah yeah yeah.. Ziti seems like a good dude, I know. I just like giving him a hard time because he's exposed me on here more than anyone.

After "Girlfriend Gate" I got several people in here to pile on my little bro Dal for posting pictures of his GF and personal life while simultaneously posting pictures of my own personal life at the same time. Somehow my posts got lost within the deep haze that was "GF Gate" and nobody put 2 and 2 together. Instead a few guys just clowned my shoes and called me a tool/douche/similar. I got addicted to it and couldn't contain myself, I kept pouring gas on the fire for a couple of days and became proud of my work.

Then Ziti showed up and pretty much let me have it. Called me out for stirring the pot and getting everyone riled up. I wasn't even mad, just embarrassed for being called a troll in front of everyone. Tucked my tail in between my legs and laid low for a few days.

But it's cool now becauae me and Big Z are boys IRL. Dare I say it.. best friends even--2 weeks ago we car pooled to PrinceCon (weekend convention for JP Prince superfans). :)

Reactions: 1 person
Since we're posting girlfriend pics, here's mine. She's busy making me a sammich.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 209
Never pegged a Casanova such as yourself as the type to settle down with just one woman, Thun. I'll say this: Jessica is one lucky lady.

I wonder if Jessica and TGO will make it.... I mean she might be making a sandwich now, but what about when she asks him about red shirts..... Her stance on red shirts will be really important for TGO and her immediate future. Idk that they’ll make it past that monumental relationship question. I know my girl and I had a really hard time getting past this speed bump. #Praying4TGO 🙏

Last edited:
I am really surprised we are not in top 25!!! Can anyone objectively say we are not playing like a top 25 team?! I guess they are using the fact they had such little expectations for us against us, but they are supposed to basically throw predictions out the window by now, and look at what you have done.

I am really surprised we are not in top 25!!! Can anyone objectively say we are not playing like a top 25 team?! I guess they are using the fact they had such little expectations for us against us, but they are supposed to basically throw predictions out the window by now, and look at what you have done.
Eh, I think it’s understandable. If we had won against Villanova I think we would have a definitive argument for top 25 but as is I think we should wait for UNC before getting recognition.

Reactions: 1 person

Solid win on the road tomorrow and sitting at 6-1, we should be knocking on the door.

Vols were 34th last week in AP poll...

#33 Arkansas lost by 26 to Houston
#31 Washington State lost by 14 to UC-Davis
#25 Creighton lost by 17 to Gonzaga
#22 Texas Tech lost by 10 to Seton Hall

So a win tomorrow, even convincingly and I’m not sure the Vols get much higher than about 30th in AP poll...hopefully a win the following week against Lipscomb and we will be ranked heading into the UNC game. That would be awesome!

Vols were 34th last week in AP poll...

#33 Arkansas lost by 26 to Houston
#31 Washington State lost by 14 to UC-Davis
#25 Creighton lost by 17 to Gonzaga
#22 Texas Tech lost by 10 to Seton Hall

So a win tomorrow, even convincingly and I’m not sure the Vols get much higher than about 30th in AP poll...hopefully a win the following week against Lipscomb and we will be ranked heading into the UNC game. That would be awesome!

Lol, you just showed the teams above us not just lost, but lost convincingly and some to bad teams yet two weeks out from being ranked? We were up 16 on Villinova, just did not adjust to what they threw at us in 2nd half imo.

I think they are just using low expectations for us going into season against us, when by now you have a better idea of what teams are, and should have thrown that out the window and compare what teams have/have not done imo.

I'd rather be disrespected all season and go into the tournament with a huge Chip. But that's just me.

Reactions: 3 people
Lol, you just showed the teams above us not just lost, but lost convincingly and some to bad teams yet two weeks out from being ranked? We were up 16 on Villinova, just did not adjust to what they threw at us in 2nd half imo.

I think they are just using low expectations for us going into season against us, when by now you have a better idea of what teams are, and should have thrown that out the window and compare what teams have/have not done imo.

In order to leap the people in front of us they either have to lose or we have to beat a noteworthy opponent, I’m not sure a win at Georgia Tech will move the national needle very much.

In order to leap the people in front of us they either have to lose or we have to beat a noteworthy opponent, I’m not sure a win at Georgia Tech will move the national needle very much.

With their RPI now at 192, even with a win, the only likely movement is down...a loss is just...just....unthinkable! :loco:

So Purdue and N.C. State don't move a needle? Plus G.T. usually has pretty good team... not this year?

They just lost to Grambling State, one of the worst teams in all of D1

FWIW Grambling State may not be the GSU of old. They hired a new coach that came over from a small NAIA school in Birmingham, Stillman College I think, and you can see they are much better coached than they were. I'd guess they'll have a much better than their typical year this year.

VN Store

Back