New Commit Woody Quinn

Even if he is a project we may finally have a coach that can coach kids up
That's what all the Arky fans use to say when Houston Dale Nutt was their coach..."he will turn those 2* recruits into 4* players"...maybe we need him on our staff.....given all the 2* miracles we will need next year

Ya gotta love ole' Butchy reelin' in those 2-star (rivals) volleyball players. That's really got Saban, Muschamp, Spurrier, and Richt shakin' in their boots !!!

Reactions: 1 person
Ya gotta love ole' Butchy reelin' in those 2-star (rivals) volleyball players. That's really got Saban, Muschamp, Spurrier, and Richt shakin' in their boots !!!

Believe me, I'm not one of these "true fan" guys, but I honestly can't recall a post where you didn't seem miserable. What's the point?

Reactions: 2 people
Believe me, I'm not one of these "true fan" guys, but I honestly can't recall a post where you didn't seem miserable. What's the point?

As soon as there is some Vol news that warrants a cheerful response I'll be more than happy to provide one. This time of year that would be defined as either getting big wins on the basketball court and making the NCAA tourney or landing 4-star or better football recruits that were actually wanted by the top teams in the SEC. In the fall, that is defined by beating teams that matter in the SEC and competing for championships. Anything less will likely be met with criticism from me. As a fan and alum, I will just not be satisfied with crap or mediocrity.

I just looked up Mychal's old profile on rivals, he had no ratings at all. He turned out to be a really solid player. Anywhere else his stats would have been alot better but he had to contend for catches with CP and Hunter. So lets give him a chance. Obviously CBJ and staff evaluated him and thought he was worth a scholly.

I just looked up Mychal's old profile on rivals, he had no ratings at all. He turned out to be a really solid player. Anywhere else his stats would have been alot better but he had to contend for catches with CP and Hunter. So lets give him a chance. Obviously CBJ and staff evaluated him and thought he was worth a scholly.

Rivera was a TE who signed with Oregon in 2008 and we won a recruiting battle with Oregon to get. This is either brilliant or a waste. We will know soon because he has two years.

Last edited:
We had 1 true tight end last year after all the injuries. 1 for crying out loud and guess what....he graduated. No one knows how anyone will come back after their injuries so IMO this was a good pickup at a position of need PERIOD. Be negative after he has played a down if he diserves it.

You're a project because you have not been playing long but it sounds like you have potential because of your size. Want a scholarship to TN?

Do people really believe this is what this staff is doing? If you do, I bet you don't believe anything your doctor tells you until you go home, google sinus infection, and then post your symptoms to ask.com before you go and fill the prescription that will make you feel better in 24 hours.

What a joke. Why don't we see how this next season goes before we decide whether these guys are chumps?

Last edited:
I love Tennessee..........can I come play? What a joke, Alabama and others are filling there roster up with 4 and 5 star players, while we get 3 and 2 star players.

We can just drop football if you want. Until we start winning with the 2 & 3 stars we won't get the 5 stars. Not sure what's so hard to understand. We gotta recruit somebody.

We can just drop football if you want. Until we start winning with the 2 & 3 stars we won't get the 5 stars. Not sure what's so hard to understand. We gotta recruit somebody.

Exactly! I dont know what people expected with this class but they need to come back to reality. There was no way in hell CBJ was going to have a top 10 class in his first year. And to those of you *****ing about the 2 and 3 star recruits, remember the guy still has to fill out a roster. What is he supposed to do? Leave 10 schollys open because he cant fill them with 4 and 5 star talent? Thats just stupid.

Regardless of our play under Dooley UT is still a national brand. There will be Vols drafted highly this season and we have a lot to offer from facilities, playing time, conference prestige, tradition and the best staff in America. I also thought the SEC pride would help us land recruits. I understood it as if we root for Bama in the BCS title game we would recruit like Bama. It is just confusing to recruit an off the radar JUCO with little time to develop from a football standpoint.

Last edited:
I also thought the SEC pride would help us land recruits. I understood it as if we root for Bama in the BCS title game we would recruit like Bama.

Anyone who said "Roll Tide" needs to have their fan card revoked.

"SEC Pride" sounds like people who have a loser mentality trying to ride the coat tails of another teams success. Alabama being awesome doesn't make Tennessee awesome. Sorry.

Another excuse for Tennessee. No disrespect man but USC won 6 games this year have not been in picture in several years. And there still pulling top players like they have won 5 straight championship. You can generate excitement as a coach without winning. You just have to put in the effort.

Reactions: 2 people

We already dropped football, it happened when we basically fired Fulmer.

VN Store

Back