New Commit-Jacob Warren

Maybe we can appreciate what sensibly bodes well this early while assessing these newbies for team 122, and in determining how impressive a haul the Vols will finally display on NSD. For starters, our guys haven't had a roster quite this impressive, filling up with in-state youngsters, and an accumulative ranking this high...so early in the year. IE #s 14 in Scout, 10 in ESPN, 9 in Rivals and 8 in 247, and #2 in the SEC, just behind LSU. Now, before some of you start your "It's too early to get excited" rhetorical caveats, let's look at the half-full-glass perspective by understanding all those still-not-yet-decided fellas (and their HS coaches, et al) are checking out who'll be their future team mates. 122's got two already budding big armed qbs to throw to those young catchers, and their own class has a third big armed stud to grow into the system with them, AND there's plenty room for a 5* ball catcher or two or three to feel comfortable about playing early without worrying about languishing on the bench. Should the OL appear as impressive as all the current talent and experience should dictate, early on in the season, then some other big uglies will want to be similarly coached up. RBs, also, will notice the thin roster for those ball carrying spots; recognizing, also, the prospect of running through some pretty big holes behind that early-on-touted bull-dozing OL. On the other side of the LOS, Shoop's defenses are pretty well known for utilizing a lot of sets. Forget last year's debacle. It's explained and understood that nobody can play defense without 1st and 2nd team guys on the field. Also, Shoop's multi-formations allow for different players for different scenarios depending on game situations, more than a majority of systems so, once again, there's an evident prospect of early playing time for a larger number of players...including freshmen (if they're good enough). Think about all the nickle and dime back sets he utilizes and, with his penchant to blitz a lot, how interchangable, and how fresh, his CBs have to be to pull off lots of man coverages, and how often he has to substitute DEs and DTs and LBs. This new staff is just starting to impress all those Sunday player wannabes, and their overall recruiting acumen is factual, as is their easily perceived excellent coaching aspects. So...I'm projecting Butch Jones is going to wind up with at least as impressive a group of players for the 2018 season as compared to the previous ones (and that's a very conservative assessment). The only caveat from VN: Despite the smallish number of pathalogically noisy antagonists, VNs relentless negas have been trolling their/our team by maintaining a silly rumor that Butch is just a twitch or sniffle away from being fired, causing this brick castle to tumble into a Kiffin pile of burnt mattresses and charred bricks. Wouldn't one figure most all of those guys read the site of their teams of interest? Sure they do. Trust me. Keener football minds are still appreciative of what Coach Jones is assembling in Knoxville. Keep pumpin' that sunshine, VFLs! GBO!
:rock: I've had a lil drink so I made it to shoops D part.. got to work tomorrow but I'll read the rest. Solid post...

Reactions: 1 person
Put 70 pounds on and put him on the D line!

Why? Kid could be an outstanding, playmaking TE....something we haven't had in a long time. He's a skill player, not a bruiser who puts his hand in the dirt. Let him develop at TE.

That was a good book probably. I couldn't make it halfway through it, but i'm thinking it was a positive GO BIG ORANGE tome. Anyway, I'm thinking this young man will be a tight end--and an all star one before it's done.
Awww shucks. That was mighty nice, sir. Once you get through middle-school, maybe you can claim to have actually READ a book. Try Doctor Zeus.

Awww shucks. That was mighty nice, sir. Once you get through middle-school, maybe you can claim to have actually READ a book. Try Doctor Zeus.

Read that one. It was interesting. Moved on to Agee, Wolfe, Fitzgerald and Hemingway. Know what? Your post still sucks. lol

Why? Kid could be an outstanding, playmaking TE....something we haven't had in a long time. He's a skill player, not a bruiser who puts his hand in the dirt. Let him develop at TE.

You say why I say why not. TE DE DT wherever is good!

Maybe we can appreciate what sensibly bodes well this early while assessing these newbies for team 122, and in determining how impressive a haul the Vols will finally display on NSD. For starters, our guys haven't had a roster quite this impressive, filling up with in-state youngsters, and an accumulative ranking this high...so early in the year. IE #s 14 in Scout, 10 in ESPN, 9 in Rivals and 8 in 247, and #2 in the SEC, just behind LSU. Now, before some of you start your "It's too early to get excited" rhetorical caveats, let's look at the half-full-glass perspective by understanding all those still-not-yet-decided fellas (and their HS coaches, et al) are checking out who'll be their future team mates. 122's got two already budding big armed qbs to throw to those young catchers, and their own class has a third big armed stud to grow into the system with them, AND there's plenty room for a 5* ball catcher or two or three to feel comfortable about playing early without worrying about languishing on the bench. Should the OL appear as impressive as all the current talent and experience should dictate, early on in the season, then some other big uglies will want to be similarly coached up. RBs, also, will notice the thin roster for those ball carrying spots; recognizing, also, the prospect of running through some pretty big holes behind that early-on-touted bull-dozing OL. On the other side of the LOS, Shoop's defenses are pretty well known for utilizing a lot of sets. Forget last year's debacle. It's explained and understood that nobody can play defense without 1st and 2nd team guys on the field. Also, Shoop's multi-formations allow for different players for different scenarios depending on game situations, more than a majority of systems so, once again, there's an evident prospect of early playing time for a larger number of players...including freshmen (if they're good enough). Think about all the nickle and dime back sets he utilizes and, with his penchant to blitz a lot, how interchangable, and how fresh, his CBs have to be to pull off lots of man coverages, and how often he has to substitute DEs and DTs and LBs. This new staff is just starting to impress all those Sunday player wannabes, and their overall recruiting acumen is factual, as is their easily perceived excellent coaching aspects. So...I'm projecting Butch Jones is going to wind up with at least as impressive a group of players for the 2018 season as compared to the previous ones (and that's a very conservative assessment). The only caveat from VN: Despite the smallish number of pathalogically noisy antagonists, VNs relentless negas have been trolling their/our team by maintaining a silly rumor that Butch is just a twitch or sniffle away from being fired, causing this brick castle to tumble into a Kiffin pile of burnt mattresses and charred bricks. Wouldn't one figure most all of those guys read the site of their teams of interest? Sure they do. Trust me. Keener football minds are still appreciative of what Coach Jones is assembling in Knoxville. Keep pumpin' that sunshine, VFLs! GBO!

Seriously?

6'6" and only 211?? Kid is going to need a ton of weight. Likely at least a couple years before he's ready to contribute. I'll check back when he's a RS soph or later.

That was a good book probably. I couldn't make it halfway through it, but i'm thinking it was a positive GO BIG ORANGE tome. Anyway, I'm thinking this young man will be a tight end--and an all star one before it's done.

You must be a tweeter, texter or some such. Sometimes if you read more than 20-30 words you get more information. But as with most of the younger generation, maybe you already know everything you want to know...

Don't mean to shoot you down. Just take a little time to read what some on here say with more time to think over what they say than you and others of your mind set do. It may cause you to slow down and smell the roses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You must be a tweeter, texter or some such. Sometimes if you read more than 20-30 words you get more information. But as with most of the younger generation, maybe you already know everything you want to know...

Don't mean to shoot you down. Just take a little time to read what some on here say with more time to think over what they say than you and others of your mind set do. It may cause you to slow down and smell the roses.

This is an internet sports forum. We're not here to read someone's senior thesis. Besides I generally find those who talk that much in their posts are actually saying very little.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This is an internet sports forum. We're not here to read someone's senior thesis. Besides I generally find those who talk that much in their posts are actually saying very little.

Why does it bother you so much? If you don't like it then you don't have to read it. Like you said, it's an internet sports forum & his entire post was about UT football. The posts whining about someone who's post was too long is way more annoying. It's a sports forum & his post was about sports. Where's the problem?

Reactions: 3 people
Why does it bother you so much? If you don't like it then you don't have to read it. Like you said, it's an internet sports forum & his entire post was about UT football. The posts whining about someone who's post was too long is way more annoying. It's a sports forum & his post was about sports. Where's the problem?

It doesn't bother me. I just reject the notion that because we don't feel like reading an entire essay on here, it somehow means that we're all part of the ADD Twitter generation. People shouldn't be so presumptuous. IMO it shouldn't take anyone that many words to make their point on here but if you want to read all that, be my guest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
anyone else thinking this guy might be our hybrid TE. if he can keep most of the speed and put on about 35lbs of muscle we could use him as our Jimmy Graham... put him wide about 65% and inside on 35% would be a nightmare for an LB to cover him!! GBO and boom

Read that one. It was interesting. Moved on to Agee, Wolfe, Fitzgerald and Hemingway. Know what? Your post still sucks. lol
And that's all you've got to brag about? That's all required reading in decent high schools. Poor fella'. You can't even recognize such a pedestrian resume.:loco:

Young man had some good offers. Has some time to fill out that 6'6" frame. Could be taller by the time he shows on campus. Good get. GBO

He should be playing 2 sports.

Put him in at power foward and tell him to foul out by half-time. 2 of them must be offensive fouls.

As for football, keep adding muscle till he is a LT.

Catching a football can get tricky, if he has good hands, train them to be great.

Boom!

6'6" and only 211?? Kid is going to need a ton of weight. Likely at least a couple years before he's ready to contribute. I'll check back when he's a RS soph or later.

Depends on how his body responds to diet and S&C. With a dad that weighed 300 lbs, he probably has good bones and can gain the weight fairly quickly. My concern is if he can gain speed rather than lose it.

Right now he doesn't look fast enough to play TE in the SEC. But many times guys like him grow into their height and with S&C get significantly faster.

And that's all you've got to brag about? That's all required reading in decent high schools. Poor fella'. You can't even recognize such a pedestrian resume.:loco:

...and your long ass, self-promoting post still sucked. Take a writing class.

The apostrophe after fella really isn't appropriate. It would only be needed for missing letters.

Maybe you could write 300 words to rebut. Pretty sure Freak will either delete or rebuke me also. Not my first time.

Dude is going to be a beast and is majorly underrated imo. Butch and the gang are on fire right now!

VN Store

Back