New Baseball Commit.....

mooreaj21

2013 In-State player Andrew Plunckett has committed to play baseball for Tennessee.

He is a 6'5 RHP/OF from Memphis University School.

Reactions: 1 person
Next years team will be very talented but very young. Of the 14 commits so far (may lose a few to the draft) I think only 1 is from juco.

2013 In-State player Andrew Plunckett has committed to play baseball for Tennessee.

He is a 6'5 RHP/OF from Memphis University School.

Any other info? Sorry, I could not find much on him. Thanks

Last edited:
In my opinion, he is a much better pitcher than position player.

Pitching: he throws moderately hard, not as hard as you would necessarily expect from someone 6'5. That being said he still has 2 more seasons before college. He has very good command and is not very wild.

Fielding: he is a very good fielder. He covers a lot of ground in the outfield and has a great arm.

Hitting: he's inconsistent at the plate, but has a lot of power. He can hit the gaps,and h can hit homers, but he strikes out and hits pop-ups too often.

Overall, he is a great kid, and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He should be a great addition for this resurgent baseball program.

GO VOLS!!!!

In my opinion, he is a much better pitcher than position player.

Pitching: he throws moderately hard, not as hard as you would necessarily expect from someone 6'5. That being said he still has 2 more seasons before college. He has very good command and is not very wild.

Fielding: he is a very good fielder. He covers a lot of ground in the outfield and has a great arm.

Hitting: he's inconsistent at the plate, but has a lot of power. He can hit the gaps,and h can hit homers, but he strikes out and hits pop-ups too often.

Overall, he is a great kid, and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He should be a great addition for this resurgent baseball program.

GO VOLS!!!!

Appreciate the info. :good!:

Seen this kid..good looking athlete, good defender...not so good in pitching ..not what you would think coming from a big kid like that. Still a good addition.

VN Store

Back