New Article - Lady Vols Want to Play Better for Warlick

I for one like the way Geno gets the job done. Takes full control of the team and wins. That is what a coach is paid to do!

Agree. We have a lot of fans that think "let's wait till next year when we get new recruits on campus that have better attitudes and then all will get better" -I believe this kind of thinking is flawed and will lead to them being very disappointed.

We have fans it seems that believe the Baylor's and Uconn's of the world have players that all have the right attitudes and want to play hard every night and don't want to take the occasional night off. Sorry but they have players just like Tennessee.

You could ask Geno and he'd probably tell you that some of his most exhaustive coaching moments are keeping everyone motivated when the team you are about to play is a team you should beat by 50. I don't see that kind of motivation from our staff. Instead, our players only seem to get inspired by outside factors, ie..it's a big game, ND, Stanford, SC, or the other outside factor of trying to speak up as a team in support of Holly when they feel the pressure being turned up on her. That's not a recipe for success- motivation and accountability must come from the top.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Holly eased up on the gas by taking Nared out when were up 21-4 I think for a breather and didn't put her back in until there were 2 mins left in the 1st qtr I believe. Might be wrong. Was she in foul trouble? Why can't we intend a lead? Mr. Hyde shows up too often for this team.

I think Holly eased up on the gas by taking Nared out when were up 21-4 I think for a breather and didn't put her back in until there were 2 mins left in the 1st qtr I believe. Might be wrong. Was she in foul trouble? Why can't we intend a lead? Mr. Hyde shows up too often for this team.

Jaime got in foul trouble midway through the first quarter and it just got worse every time she came in the game. She ended with 4 fouls in like 23 minutes. As someone pointed out, at least she will be rested for Louisville.

Games will be decided by how the players other than the big three play. That is what has decided games all season. If Reynolds, Jackson, Qui, and Dunbar can score 25 to 30 points and the big three get their usual 50 were likely to win. The problem has been we've had several games where the four of them has scored less than 10.

Right on!

Well Dunbar can't contribute much when she gets about 2 minutes of playing time, if at all!

I love Dumbar, but if you get 2 minutes and produce then you get 4 minutes, and if you produce the next time you get 8 minutes. With no production then you stay at 2 minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
since CHW has been the head coach,there has all ways been a lot of injuries which causes a lack of depth

Yes. The team has seemed to lose or have limited an important member towards the end of the season in recent history. Here's hoping everyone stays healthy and leaves it on the floor for the next five games. UL, Baylor, MSU, UCONN and whoever makes the final is what I would call a murderers row.

Yes. The team has seemed to lose or have limited an important member towards the end of the season in recent history. Here's hoping everyone stays healthy and leaves it on the floor for the next five games. UL, Baylor, MSU, UCONN and whoever makes the final is what I would call a murderers row.

Maybe the Lady Vols will commit some murders of their own! GLV! Beat Louisville!!

USC & ND loses their best player again? Who says Geno didn't make a deal with the Devil, :(

USC & ND loses their best player again? Who says Geno didn't make a deal with the Devil, :(

He made a deal where the Devil could take out Katie Lou last season when he had such a loaded team that it doesn't even matter in exchange for an injury free season to her when he has a short bench. Lucky bastard!

He made a deal where the Devil could take out Katie Lou last season when he had such a loaded team that it doesn't even matter in exchange for an injury free season to her when he has a short bench. Lucky bastard!

They are not done playing yet. Injury could still derail the season.

They are not done playing yet. Injury could still derail the season.

That's about the only thing that can. The way they shot yesterday was scary, and their fourth leading scorer led all players in points while the usual suspects still put in about their season averages.

If a team is to beat them, there is zero margin for error. With the potential injuries to ND and SC, it's going to have to be Maryland or Baylor that gets the job done.

This team is mentally weak, I would tell them too their faces. Show me, and quit talking about wanting to win for coach. They should want to win for themselves, they are the ones representing UT. Try to play more than 1 good game in a row. Great teams don't lack intensity and they don't take games off. Effort should always be there even when the shots aren't falling, great teams never let up. GBO!!!!

"When we play terribly, people say we're a talented team and it's always turned to Holly," Nared said. "I don't think she can control how hard we play or control the things that we do on the court "

There you have it in a nutshell.

Reactions: 3 people
"When we play terribly, people say we're a talented team and it's always turned to Holly," Nared said. "I don't think she can control how hard we play or control the things that we do on the court "

There you have it in a nutshell.

We will see if she starts holding them accountable with a full bench. I do get confused of what she is responsible for though, some of you guys think she is not responsible for anything. Teams have a coach for a reason, besides recruiting.

the following comment from a well known coach seems so similar to many of the responses of LV boarders.

"At Baylor, we have expectations that are higher than an Elite Eight," Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. "Whether that's egotistical, fair, whatever, it is what it is. We have to keep feeding that monster that we started 17 years ago."

feeding that monster - let those words formulate in your mouth and then out your lips .

I can only wonder how LV starters must feel from having defeated 3 of the 4 ileft standing while wondering how and why the season went as it did

the following comment from a well known coach seems so similar to many of the responses of LV boarders.

"At Baylor, we have expectations that are higher than an Elite Eight," Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. "Whether that's egotistical, fair, whatever, it is what it is. We have to keep feeding that monster that we started 17 years ago."

feeding that monster - let those words formulate in your mouth and then out your lips .

I can only wonder how LV starters must feel from having defeated 3 of the 4 ileft standing while wondering how and why the season went as it did

They'll think , Well, at least we're still undefeated by UCONN since 2006.

VN Store

Back