New Alzheimer's Treatment Restores Memory Function

This is amazing. Non-invasive, seemingly safe, and revolutionary.

Kind of going a different direction with this, but I want opinions...if I post on FB about my wife and I (celebrating anniversary or whatever) it might get 100+ likes. When I post stuff like this, it gets < 10 likes. What is the deal with people? This is the most exciting news I've heard in a while and I can't understand why a post about it would get so little positive interaction? This isn't the first time I've noticed this.

Theories? Do we take science/medicine for granted? Do we not care because the threat of Alzheimer's is not an immediate threat for most? I really don't understand.

New Alzheimer?s treatment fully restores memory function - ScienceAlert

I gave you a like since you mentioned your wedding anniversary

J/k. This is cool news. I have an uncle who is a retired NASA scientist. He was the smartest person I ever knew personally. About the last five years he's shown signs of alzheimers. It's quite sad. He has no short term memory. He came to visit shortly after my oldest son was born. After spending nearly the whole day with us, back at his hotel, he asked my aunt if my wife had had the baby yet.

Reactions: 1 person
This is amazing. Non-invasive, seemingly safe, and revolutionary.

Kind of going a different direction with this, but I want opinions...if I post on FB about my wife and I (celebrating anniversary or whatever) it might get 100+ likes. When I post stuff like this, it gets < 10 likes. What is the deal with people? This is the most exciting news I've heard in a while and I can't understand why a post about it would get so little positive interaction? This isn't the first time I've noticed this.

Theories? Do we take science/medicine for granted? Do we not care because the threat of Alzheimer's is not an immediate threat for most? I really don't understand.

New Alzheimer?s treatment fully restores memory function - ScienceAlert

Awesome news op! My father suffers from this absolutely horrid disease, and I would go to any lengths for a miracle cure like this to possibly restore what has been taken from him. I will pray that this research becomes a game changer! Thank you for finding and posting.

Reactions: 1 person
You are preaching to the choir on this one. I don't think the FDA should have the power to ban anything. It's great that the FDA can give a drug/treatment their seal of approval, but the fact that people die because they can't legally try new drugs is complete lunacy (and because of this, I think the FDA does more harm than good). I'd rather not have an FDA than have an FDA that kills people by denying them life-saving drugs.

We have a population problem as it is. It is what it is.

Human trials by 2017 in Australia. Anyone know long does it usually take to move to approved treatments and/or get regulatory approval in the States?

From Phase 1 trials in humans to availability would be about 5 years - maybe more.

Typical process from discovery to availability is 10 to 15 years.

Very interesting, I sure hope they are able to cure this horrible disease. My grandfather had Alzheimer's, he passed away earlier this year. My step father has it now.

VN Store

Back