Never thought I would say this.

We have some great position coaches. Coaches that could and have been at some elite programs. Pruitt put it together last season against a superior Kentucky team and a superior Auburn team (compared to us) in their house. Those wins were from solid coaching.

My gut tells me the BYU game is going to be different. Not my heart. This BYU game will show whether this staff and these players want to compete for 60 minutes and give their all...like those 2 big wins last season...or if Pruitt will make it to the end of the season.

I quit living and dying with it a long time ago. Sold my Titans PSLs, quit going to 20-25 Preds games per season and I quit letting these UT losses tear me up. That was a lot of money and time spent watching other people play sports only to come away from it feeling like my dog just died after another bad loss.

If they do well I am happy for them and if they lose, I hope they get better and win the next one. I don’t let it affect me anymore.

After a nights sleep, it's not any better for me either. Over the past twenty years, we went from celebrating a national championship to becoming irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. I remember a year even further back that we had lesser talented players who took on a team in the Sugar Bowl. They thought getting by us would be just the warm up party to their national championship, and our guys intensity took them to a level than stunned the college football world. And yesterday? Almost the same thing happened to us, expect we took it on the chin from a complete nobody. The way our guys played yesterday, the camp fire girls would have pushed our guys around. The only one who did his job and I felt good about? Our kicker. Cimaglia was the only one who didn't need to hang his head. Nobody else took the game in hand, willed his teammates to pull together, and create the energy to win. They didn't care.

So why should I? Bring on Basketball season.

Lol i turned down a guy/gal baby shower for some friends. After the debacke we witnessed I wish i would have gone and at least enjoyed cake and found out about the score later.

Georgia State’s Coach reminds me of a Coach I played against in High school. Tom Brown. He could get his players so fired up, never quit and Almost psycho. It was unreal. We did whoop that ass, but it was a sight to behold. I’m giving UT one more shot. They better thump BYU. I was slated to come to the game, I’m not sure I can justify the trip now. I will tune in. I just can’t understand what is wrong. We should have out talented then at LEAST. If there is a disruption in the locker room , get rid of it now. I’m numb

I’ve been here for it all, but this I can’t do. I’m done going to games and I’m done supporting this miserable program. If I have to hurt these people who profit off of this garbage should have to feel the pain in their pockets as well. I’ll always be a vol fan but not another dime will be spent on anything until we are relevant again.

Reactions: WilliamVOLlace
Georgia State’s Coach reminds me of a Coach I played against in High school. Tom Brown. He could get his players so fired up, never quit and Almost psycho. It was unreal. We did whoop that ass, but it was a sight to behold. I’m giving UT one more shot. They better thump BYU. I was slated to come to the game, I’m not sure I can justify the trip now. I will tune in. I just can’t understand what is wrong. We should have out talented then at LEAST. If there is a disruption in the locker room , get rid of it now. I’m numb

I don't have cable. I usually get a streaming service for the season. I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. So, I don't watch the games live anymore. I casually listen on the radio, but I do other things instead. It's just not fun anymore. If we win, I'll watch the game on U-Tube on Sunday. I also expect them to lose and if they win, then it's nice, but I still expect them to lose the next week!

Gentlemen and Ladies..I'm older than any of you - almost 78 - and remember as a small kid the '51 national championship, went to Tempe in '98 and got to experience one of the greatest thrills of my lifetime..Had season tickets through the '80's and '90's...Remember vaguely Gen. Neyland...In short, I'm totally orange blooded through 70+ decades, but I've never felt as bad as I did Sat. watching such futility on the field...i saw Wyoming and Rutgers and thought that it would never happen again, but this is worse than both of them combined...I've resolved myself to the fact that I'll never see quality UT football before I die....Hope you young guys and ladies do live that long but I wouldn't bet on it...

I know what you mean. We always be a UT fan, but am now much more "meh". Was scheduling my yard sale around the games this month but have decided to go ahead and have it next week and forget the BYU game. I really hate doing it this way, but I see no emotion, no embarrassment by players or coaches, lethargic play, don't give a sh** attitude from all. Decided not to go to any of the games this year because of yesterday.

This apparently can't be said enough.

Fulmer is a big part of the problem. We had Mike Leach begging to come here, a proven winning head coach. Look what he did last year with Washington State. But Fulmer sabotage the whole thing and got an Alabama guy instead. He's as much to blame as anybody
Better change your username.. it totally sucks

Better change your username.. it totally sucks
The username is meant to be sarcasm. I adopted that username last year the kind of make fun of people who think that we ought to keep a coach forever as soon as we get them without proving themselves. If you go back and read all my post you'll see I've never been a Pruitt supporter.

Reactions: Volz4lif3
This is me.
43. Die hard fan since 87.
Something snapped in me a year ago and I just stopped planning my days around the games. I learned we lost after getting back to my condo from the beach cause I didn’t even care to watch the game. I figured it would be a close win and bad football...was surprised we lost but not shocked.
I just don’t care to watch the games anymore. I am not wired to care about ppl who don’t care about me and the school does not care about their fans....it’s damn obvious.
Same age and time period we’ve grown up in.. i became a fan in 85 when my cousin decided to go there, he gave me the fandom of TN football with hats and shirts for Christmas every year, his brother went to Florida and tried the same thing I jus couldn’t bring myself to pull for the gators.. went to a game and love took over.. the love is like a bad divorce it seems now...

Pruitt acts like he’s doing us a favor by being our coach. Smh...

I made myself this shirt design today. Pressing it tomorrow. Planned my wedding based on bye week. Worked PRN in the hospitals for years so I could be sure and be off work on Saturday. Have a Tennessee tattoo.. my wedding invites were football tickets and rocky top was played on the harp at my wedding.. i went on a blind date once with a Georgia fan and wound up leaving early after faking a migraine. I remember celebrating when CPF fired Randy Sanders.. praying it would get better.. I have watched and celebrated this team for years! I start preparing and freezing food a month before kickoff..My life revolves around UT football.. or at least it did. When fans with this much passion become disheartened and ambivalent.. the pulse of the program is dead. I’m not jumping ship.. I’m just not scrubbing the deck anymore. The song ‘if you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough’ was written for die hards like me.. dumb enough to keep believing and drinking the orange koolaid over and over again.. but beat down every year with less than mediocre results. I’m a Vol fan forever.. I can’t justify scheduling my life around it any more

Attachments

• A64185CB-58A4-4578-B8C5-E10D5B35C997.jpeg
    A64185CB-58A4-4578-B8C5-E10D5B35C997.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back