Negedu Visiting New Mexico.

All you need to do is watch the 30 for 30 "Guru of Go" and watch and Hank Gathers part and see that UT is making the right decision. Wish him the best of luck and safety wherever he goes

All you need to do is watch the 30 for 30 "Guru of Go" and watch and Hank Gathers part and see that UT is making the right decision. Wish him the best of luck and safety wherever he goes

Completely agree... Saw the rerun the other night and now I definitely see where UT is coming from. Obviously that was very hard on his coaches and teammates. Not to mention Gathers' first time wasn't nearly as bad as E-man's.

Great person, great athlete, wish he could have stayed. Even tho I wish he'd stay a vol and get his degree here, I hope he lives his dream to continue playing somewhere and make it to the association!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I just don't think it's a smart decision for the kid to play....I can understand the love for the game but come on.....your life should be more important.

If he is cleared to play, why not let him have a go. Sure, there is always a risk but basketball is what the man loves, let him play at his own risk.

I'm a Negedu fan where ever he goes....I hope he has a good safe career in whatever he does....Good kid and whoever gets him is getting a special person.

I just don't think it's a smart decision for the kid to play....I can understand the love for the game but come on.....your life should be more important.

His DOCTOR cleared him to play. Its 2010. No Doctor is putting their clearance on a kid with such a platform for disaster available unless he truly feels/knows that Eman is safe. If he were saying, "bb WILL threaten your life" he wouldn't be play. Should he play under these circumstances, we could then apply your post/logic.
Posted via VolNation MobileI should add that if I were a school Pres, I'd say hell no. If I'm the kid, I wanna play.

Last edited:
His DOCTOR cleared him to play. Its 2010. No Doctor is putting their clearance on a kid with such a platform for disaster available unless he truly feels/knows that Eman is safe. If he were saying, "bb WILL threaten your life" he wouldn't be play. Should he play under these circumstances, we could then apply your post/logic.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Eman is more at risk for serious health problems stemming from basketball than most every other collegiate basketball player though. Hopefully he understands that

Eman is more at risk for serious health problems stemming from basketball than most every other collegiate basketball player though. Hopefully he understands that

Oh he knows that. I think this is just a cultural issue in that he doesn't want to quit at anything. Even if it may cost him his life.

VN Store

Back