Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Poll: Does UT retain Butch?

• Total voters
I would have been worried if we would have finished the season with 4 straight wins that Michigan would be looking hard at him (if the big names turn them down) I just don't see how they can look at a coach who at best this year is 7-6. I like Butch and hope he stays here for many years to come.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think winning 4 or going 3-1 is going to dictate Michigan's opinion. If anything, they look at the improvements he's made at UT. Not happening either way

Silver lining. Way to find it!

If we suck next year the hot line will be "I wish he would've taken that Michigan job!"

Reactions: 2 people
I would have been worried if we would have finished the season with 4 straight wins that Michigan would be looking hard at him (if the big names turn them down) I just don't see how they can look at a coach who at best this year is 7-6. I like Butch and hope he stays here for many years to come.

This is harsh to say but... They can have him if they want him. It's pretty obvious that he's not the guy that ever going to bring us a championship. Hes lost Damn near every single winable game he's coached in since he's been here. He just doesn't have the courage to win. Pickle went for broke while they were already leading the game after the int. And it was the difference in the game. Butch would have never had the guts to do that. He'd have handed it off three times, punted, and tried not to wet his panties hoping the three point lead would hold up. Props to Mizzou. That wasn't their approach

This is harsh to say but... They can have him if they want him. It's pretty obvious that he's not the guy that ever going to bring us a championship. Hes lost Damn near every single winable game he's coached in since he's been here. He just doesn't have the courage to win. Pickle went for broke while they were already leading the game after the int. And it was the difference in the game. Butch would have never had the guts to do that. He'd have handed it off three times, punted, and tried not to wet his panties hoping the three point lead would hold up. Props to Mizzou. That wasn't their approach

While I feel you pain I am still at a time where I am not certain what to think. I mean, he did go for the fake kick.... which worked out great, yet again he had 1:15 on the board in the first half and decided to run the clock out. I am not sure which direction to turn.

lol lol lol

Hoping they still come down here to take him, his staff, Lil Jon, his bricks, his eye discipline, and any other shenanigan of his to the big house.

When Butch took this job, he said it was his dream job. I believe that he was sincere when he said that. You can look at how the program is now compared to when he got here and see that it is 10 fold better. Keep the faith and GBO.

I think Butch plays not to lose because of the fragility of this team.

If he still manages the game two years from now like he has the last two years, then I'll begin to question. Right now, this team has no depth and the O-Line stil has gaping problems.

Butch is full of shenanigans and one liners...can sell recruits on stuff, but that will begin to down hill quickly if he doesn't show that he can coach. The turd show tonight along with the one against UF is proof that he cannot coach. He single handedly took away a chance for his team to get the ball back at the end of the game tonight by calling a time out to review a play that they already reviewed and said we illegally touched the ball. That was Dooleyesque

Last edited:
Here's the problem with much of volnation, you could grab a random homeless person off the street and give em a shower,a nice haircut, and orange slacks, then call them your new coach and the vast majority of fans would treat them like the second coming of Christ. Those of us that like to be realist are then told we are not true fans. To me, a true fan is not one that follows blindly regardless of situation. I'm not sure if Butch is the one that needs to go but there definitely needs to be some staff changes this off-season. I would not be sad if he went to Michigan....

Reactions: 4 people
Butch does exceptionally well against bad defenses. He knows how to exploit them. Hence his success in the crap conferences.

Against good, sound defenses he folds like the finest product the Big East has to offer.

Here's the problem with much of volnation, you could grab a random homeless person off the street and give em a shower,a nice haircut, and orange slacks, then call them your new coach and the vast majority of fans would treat them like the second coming of Christ. Those of us that like to be realist are then told we are not true fans. To me, a true fan is not one that follows blindly regardless of situation. I'm not sure if Butch is the one that needs to go but there definitely needs to be some staff changes this off-season. I would not be sad if he went to Michigan....

Benintenn gets it

ROFL!!!!

Some of you people are no doubt hilarious. If you don't like Butch, no problem! Your entitled to your own opinion. But remind me again how many coaches turned down this job before Butch? If he left today, you can't tell me this is not a more attractive job than it was before he came. That is no doubt a sign of elevating the program somewhat. I understand some of the frustrations (not being more aggressive before halftime and the challenge for example) but we've been completely solid in recruiting and only have to beat a pathetic Candy team to go bowling...we return nearly everyone as well. How can you not look at this o line and realize there's not much that can be done.

VN Store

Back