Need help today, two newbies going to game

Jokiki

Hello,

Me and my friend are going to our first UT game ever. We are just a couple of gals without our guys this weekend, and decided to go to the game since tickets will probably be cheap. A few questions:

1. We planned on getting to downtown area around 4, is that too late? Where is the best/cheapest place to park?

2. One of our must see's is the volwalk, any great places to view it from?

3. We want a fun pre-game atmosphere, like tailgating or something, any good places for that?

4. Anything else I've forgotten that I must know?

P.S. - what do you think tickets for 2 will go for? we're not picky about seats.

Vol walk at 4:45, the band saluting the hill around 30 minutes after that. Tailgate anywhere you like. I've got 2 tickets... I can tell you where to park too, it's a little bit of a walk though...

Hello,

Me and my friend are going to our first UT game ever. We are just a couple of gals without our guys this weekend, and decided to go to the game since tickets will probably be cheap. A few questions:

1. We planned on getting to downtown area around 4, is that too late? Where is the best/cheapest place to park?

3. We want a fun pre-game atmosphere, like tailgating or something, any good places for that?

P.S. - what do you think tickets for 2 will go for? we're not picky about seats.

1. There are two free parking garages downtown.

The City of Knoxville is waiving game day parking fees at the Market Square Garage and State Street Garage in downtown Knoxville for the remainder of the University of Tennessee’s football season.

The State Street Garage is located between Central Avenue and State Street with additional entrances on Clinch Avenue and Union Avenue. The Market Square Garage is just west of Market Square with entrances on Wall Avenue and Walnut Street.

Hello,

Not today it won't be. Frat row is about $15-20. It's one block off the strip. If you want to have plenty of time to take it all in, why not get there at 3?

On the corner in front of the stadium. When the Vol Walk is over, you can walk one block to the other corner and watch the band come down.

See answer #1. You will be one block off the strip.

The bookstore is a great place to blow a lot of money on Vol paraphernalia. After the band comes down, you can walk half a block and go broke.

The closer to game time, the cheaper they get. You can actually be picky about seats today.
:good!:

Last edited:
rbroyle2 is giving his tickets away check the ticket section of Vol Nation good seats. I hope you have fun.

The scalper is a liar. Anyone who pays more than $10 for a ticket today is misinformed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
:eek:k: This guy has been scalping down on cumberland for the um past 8 years. plus he works for me...i pretty much always take his word but im sure if you hang around late you will get some for 10

:eek:k: This guy has been scalping down on cumberland for the um past 8 years. plus he works for me...i pretty much always take his word but im sure if you hang around late you will get some for 10

If you come up on somebody just selling their extras (not a scalper) you wont have to wait 'til late...
Late=free:good!:

Don't wait too late for tickets. Being a newbie, you want to be in your seats for the pregame festivities.

Thanks for all your help guys. We're going to park at the Market St. Garage hopefully by 3:30 instead of 4. We're meeting up at 3 now. I definitely want to see the pre-game stuff, so we plan on being in the stadium by 6 - 6:30 ish. I can't wait!

You can prolly find free parking on the streets in Ft. Sanders or in the area between Cumberland and Andy Holt Ave. The Strip is a hike from Downtown, compared to these two locations. Good luck.

VN Store

Back