NCAA Tournament

I know I will get more negative comments than positive ones for this, but I believe we make a run in the tournament and we will definitely be a team that 1 or 2 seed doesn't want to see in their section of the bracket.
Would hope so. It depends on whether or not the LV's are correctly focused after a crushing loss. Those can deflate teams.

Would hope so. It depends on whether or not the LV's are correctly focused after a crushing loss. Those can deflate teams.

Kellie said Monday night that the team can't wait to play again. They sound motivated.

She also said that she replayed that final second over and over again until she had to find something to occupy her mind. Said she avoided all social media including texts from friends and just went out and played one-on-one with Jackson. She said she still remembers missing the front end of a one & one in high school that would have sent her team to the semifinals at State.

I'm sure she's beaten herself up over the lapse and will continue to do so.

She also said they got the team back in their own beds Saturday night and that she sent them texts reminding them that life will bring tough challenges and that this is one of those times. Like Jewel said, take the hard lesson and move forward.

Kellie said Monday night that the team can't wait to play again. They sound motivated.

She also said that she replayed that final second over and over again until she had to find something to occupy her mind. Said she avoided all social media including texts from friends and just went out and played one-on-one with Jackson. She said she still remembers missing the front end of a one & one in high school that would have sent her team to the semifinals at State.

I'm sure she's beaten herself up over the lapse and will continue to do so.

She also said they got the team back in their own beds Saturday night and that she sent them texts reminding them that life will bring tough challenges and that this is one of those times. Like Jewel said, take the hard lesson and move forward.
Thanks. Good to see them re-emerge. I'm sure they can't wait to get back on the court. However, long layoffs have not been kind to them this year. Gotta be sharp for the first round.

Sounds like a really healthy way for Kellie to decompress. I thought about her kids. Thankfully Knox Co is on spring break this week. Jackson's at an age when mean kids say things. I'm sure he's prepared but still it's tough.

Here's to a rethought inbounds defensive strategy.

I think it is perfect that the LVs have almost 2 week this year to recover from the loss compared to just about 5 days if it they played when the men's tournament is played. It always seems like such a long wait, but this year it was needed. I think if anything the loss will help them in the NCAAs. I haven't seen the board this confident about their potential since pre-season, so I imagine the team is feeling confident too and are more than ready to prove it on the court. I still see the main hurdle is to be able to come out and focus for 40 minutes rather than be so anxious or rusty that we give a whole quarter away. We can't afford to do that given who we will be playing in both rounds if we advance.

Since this is a NCAA tournament thread let me ask a question. What team other than Tennessee do you enjoy watching and wouldn’t mind winning?
I have only watched 3 of their games but I enjoy watching Norte Dame. I have no ties to the school but I like their constant hustle and the big smile on the freshman’s face (Hildago) is nice to see. You can tell she is having a “ball”. Like Tennessee they seem to be classy. I don’t think they have the size underneath to win it all though. They have a Junior guard that is also pretty good.

Thanks. Good to see them re-emerge. I'm sure they can't wait to get back on the court. However, long layoffs have not been kind to them this year. Gotta be sharp for the first round.

Sounds like a really healthy way for Kellie to decompress. I thought about her kids. Thankfully Knox Co is on spring break this week. Jackson's at an age when mean kids say things. I'm sure he's prepared but still it's tough.

Here's to a rethought inbounds defensive strategy.
Mean kids or mean parents who they are imitating (probably on here)

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Since this is a NCAA tournament thread let me ask a question. What team other than Tennessee do you enjoy watching and wouldn’t mind winning?
I have only watched 3 of their games but I enjoy watching Norte Dame. I have no ties to the school but I like their constant hustle and the big smile on the freshman’s face (Hildago) is nice to see. You can tell she is having a “ball”. Like Tennessee they seem to be classy. I don’t think they have the size underneath to win it all though. They have a Junior guard that is also pretty good.

Used to like HVL at Louisville but that's over

Amoore at VT
Celeste Taylor at OSU
Hannah Hidalgo at ND is just ridiculous --- averages about 5 assists and 5 steals per game!

What team other than Tennessee do you enjoy watching and wouldn’t mind winning?
I watch everyone play these days. The last time I completely tuned out of the NCAAT once Tennessee lost was the E8 loss to Syracuse. That one stung. I think they were the preseason #2 behind UConn. Sticking around and continuing to watch after Tennessee was eliminated did cause me to gain appreciation for other teams. Well, except for UConn. So to answer your question, I'm fine with anyone winning except for UConn. And maybe except for LSU, but I do like HVL and Morrow, so I wouldn't mind as much if they repeated.

It has been many, many years since I shed a tear about an athletic event. I have to admit, I shed a couple during the press conference.

Oh, yes. I'm at the same age my dad was when my brother and I used to smirk when he (WW2 Pacific Theater vet, sheet metal worker, and brawler), used to get all choked up over sappy, sentimental stuff on TV. Now I'm doing the same things, sometimes inexplicably. I get attached to these young ladies as though they're the granddaughters I never had.

That last loss still almost makes me physically ill and all emotional. To see them come back so improbably and finally think we had it won, already anticipating the excitement out girls would be experiencing after the hard work finally paid off...and then have it snatched away. As Kellie said, "Sports can be cruel. But you keep coming back, because its worth it in the end."

I know it's just a ball game, but it hit hard watching the team standing (or sitting) stunned on the floor. In the grand scheme of life's major hardships, a minor setback. But you just ache for the girls

One thing Kellie did mention as a particular source of pride was that "Down the stretch, they always answered. We always answered." She's right...that toughness was inspirational.

Gotta go cry some more or take a hacksaw to an old vehicle.

Oh, yes. I'm at the same age my dad was when my brother and I used to smirk when he (WW2 Pacific Theater vet, sheet metal worker, and brawler), used to get all choked up over sappy, sentimental stuff on TV. Now I'm doing the same things, sometimes inexplicably. I get attached to these young ladies as though they're the granddaughters I never had.

That last loss still almost makes me physically ill and all emotional. To see them come back so improbably and finally think we had it won, already anticipating the excitement out girls would be experiencing after the hard work finally paid off...and then have it snatched away. As Kellie said, "Sports can be cruel. But you keep coming back, because its worth it in the end."

I know it's just a ball game, but it hit hard watching the team standing (or sitting) stunned on the floor. In the grand scheme of life's major hardships, a minor setback. But you just ache for the girls

One thing Kellie did mention as a particular source of pride was that "Down the stretch, they always answered. We always answered." She's right...that toughness was inspirational.

Gotta go cry some more or take a hacksaw to an old vehicle.
The team and staff were obviously devastated by the loss but I think it lingers longer for fans. The LVs have to start gearing up for the NCAA and athletes learn to move on the next play and next game and not linger. I think there lingering takeaway will be the show of force that demonstrated in the SEC tournament.

Agreed, ND is my favorite non-Tennessee team. The Hidalgo-Citron backcourt is my favorite in the NCAA, though I agree that their post play isn't good enough to win it all.

I know Stanford won the title just a few years ago, but wouldn't mind seeing Tara win another title before she retires. But they're in the opposite situation of ND; I don't think their guard play is good enough to win it this year.

Gonzaga is always one of my favorites and this has to be one of their best teams, though that conference tournament loss to Portland could cost them their chance of hosting.

I have respect for how Shea Ralph has her team going and I want to see my and @GameTime 's favorite gunner. So I am watching to see Vanderbilt can win an upset in the SEC

I wouldn't mind being a 7 seed and having to go to Ohio State/Texas or a 6 seed and going to NC State or even a 5 seed and going to Indiana in the second round. Would be good games.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
if Charlie ESPN bracket is correct
Tennessee lady Seven seed plays Ten seed Maryland
Tennessee seven seed vs Two seed Texas
This be a roadmap for third straight Sweet Sixteen
And the raise I said Kellie might get

Mudcat double down on that raise if lady
Volunteers make NCAA Sweet Sixteen.

Reactions: Lucy
I’m actually rooting for Shea. Don’t let George know… 🤣

I’ve noticed significantly disparate perceptions between her program and other SEC nouveau riche

Did you see her in the stands in Greenville going bat-sh!t crazy with happiness in the moments after Tennessee lost to South Carolina? She never looked THAT happy after her CT teams won national championships.

Her hatred for Tennessee was on full display in that moment. It also marked the moment I hopped off the "Hope Shea Ralph Has a Good SEC Career Train."

VN Store

Back