NCAA Tournament Odds

Just hope our guys come out loose with nothing to lose. Beating Candy won't be easy. Not a good match up for us. Fla has good guards and gives Candy fits. Any team with quick guards gives them trouble. That's not our strength unfortunately.

Just hope our guys come out loose with nothing to lose. Beating Candy won't be easy. Not a good match up for us. Fla has good guards and gives Candy fits. Any team with quick guards gives them trouble. That's not our strength unfortunately.

Jordan McRae goes off for 40.

Starting threads and acting like they knew it all along.
Git er done tomorrow.

I'm not hating. I think Lunardi is still reaching a little bit here. For a team with 3 road wins, 4 sub-100 losses, and a non-conference RPI of 194, he must be looking at a pretty large bubble. I absolutely agree, however, that with a win tomorrow the Vols definitely would be brought up in the committee room. There are some good pieces to go along with the bad. If that makes you solidly on the bubble, perhaps he's not wrong.

I still have Tennessee ranked below 100, but I'm hoping for big things. At this point, all that matters is winning. Let's go Vols.

you didn't say anything about likely. You just said that they couldn't win 4 games without winning the tourney itself. And that's not true.

It basically a far fetched formula and 4 wins gets us in to the tourney. regardless of anything else. So we win 4 and we are dancing. likely or no likely it is immaterial.

20 wins, rpi, last 10, total body of work, 5 teams from SEC. TN will be one if they win 4.

I guess I was saying win 4 games and it is a no brainer... It will change neutral site w/l record. Will have to beat several higher RPI teams including KY.

you didn't bother to come up with the answer and it is a plausible solution but again highly unlikely.

Last edited:
It basically a far fetched formula and 4 wins gets us in to the tourney. regardless of anything else. So we win 4 and we are dancing. likely or no likely it is immaterial.

20 wins, rpi, last 10, total body of work, 5 teams from SEC. TN will be one if they win 4.

I guess I was saying win 4 games and it is a no brainer... It will change neutral site w/l record. Will have to beat several higher RPI teams including KY.

you didn't bother to come up with the answer and it is a plausible solution but again highly unlikely.

Your one of those guys, huh? Post something incorrect and when it's pointed out to you, you waste everyone's time trying to say you were saying something else instead of just saying you were wrong.

That's awful low. Here's how I see it (ignore me screwing around with significant figures):

*Chances of auto-bid: <1% (lolbeatingKentucky)

*Chances of three straight wins and bid: 11%
-chances of bid with three straight wins: 90%
-chances of three straight wins: 12% (50% vs Vandy, 60% vs LSU or Miss St, 40% in Vandy rematch in SECT)

*Chances of two straight wins and bid: 3%
-chances of bid with just two more wins: 10%
-chances of two straight wins: 30% (50% vs Vandy, 60% vs LSU or Miss St)

*Chances of bid with any other performance: 0%

So I'd say that overall, we have about a 15% chance to make the tournament.

Love the last two sentences of this post.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/ct/Tennessee.html

Rpi forecast predicts our rpi's for all potential final records, obviously it's not going to be completely accurate because our schedule for the SEC Tourney will depend on results of other games, but i digress:

We are currently 16-13 (Chaminade win doesn't count, they are DII), RPI: 80

Most people say we need to get Vandy, and then 2 in the SECT, that would put us around an RPI:57 (19-14)
If we beat vandy but can't manage to win that second game in the tourney, we would have a bye, our RPI:75 (18-14)

Any other result would lead to a pretty decisive NCAA tourney fate, we win vandy and 3 more we gotta be in, we don't beat vandy or manage to win no SEC T games we are out.

Another possibility, i believe, would be if we lose to vandy but manage to get 3 wins in the SEC T get to the Championship and assuming we meet UK and lose our RPI:58 (19-15)

As you can see, its pretty clear we need to win at least 3 more games and get to 19 wins, by committee standards, to feel like we have a legitimate argument to get in. Vandy isn't exactly a must win... but it certainly makes the road much much tougher if we lose.

Case and Point: Cinderella may be wearing orange this year, we need to get to TBA tomorrow and help drive our guys to get the W! I can sense the Vols really want to go dancing this year. Turns out the clock hasn't quite struck midnight on this fairytale.

his tv show is pure trash.its good for a good laugh sometimes and thats about it.

I wouldn't go that far. But I was watching a few minutes yesterday and did get a laugh.

Jimmy Hyams made a comment which indicated that he thought this was the first year the NCAA Tournament was allowing 68 teams.

Everyone else on the panel was like, "wut"

It was amusing.

I wouldn't go that far. But I was watching a few minutes yesterday and did get a laugh.

Jimmy Hyams made a comment which indicated that he thought this was the first year the NCAA Tournament was allowing 68 teams.

Everyone else on the panel was like, "wut"

It was amusing.

well yeah your right,bradshaw and devoe have good info but the rest of them are pretty much jokes.

well yeah your right,bradshaw and devoe have good info but the rest of them are pretty much jokes.

That's the worst part of that show. Don DeVoe was a very good coach, he could not recruit, but the man could coach. And he gets about 6 words in during a broadcast while Pennington lets the local "radio talent" babble on and on.

VN Store

Back