Texas A&M
Oklahoma
Utah
Ole Miss
LSU
Kentucky
Baylor
Alabama
Thanks! I'll certainly take A&M again at home in the supers.

Sweet: So if we win our regional, we would play texas a&m again in the super, according to what I've seen, yes? In Knoxville. Go Vols!

I would hope that the NCAA wouldn't take it in to consideration but apparently A&M has a terrible stadium LVs play-by-play guy had to broadcast from the bleachers. Think this was the last season for it.

We're 8 seed and our toughest opponent in the regional--in knoxville--seems to be ohio state. If we win the regional, we might play texas a&m if they win their regional. They are the 9 seed hosting a regional with texas and a couple of other teams.

The committee absolutely hammered Minnesota. The gophers won 50+ games, were in the top 8 in coaches/other polls all year, and there was a lot of talk about whether they'd get--or deserved---a top 8 national seed. I said absolutely not as the Big 10 is BAD and I don't think Minny beat a top 20 team all year. Weak schedule. Not only did Minnesota not get a top 8 seed, they didn't get in the top 16! They've got to go to Alabama for the regional. And the winner of that regional (probably Minny or bama) would then play no. 1 florida in the super regional.

We did as well or better than we could have hoped. We got rewarded for coming in 3rd in the SEC, a hair short of second, for our big-time schedule (even with a lot of creampuffs) and for winning 20 straight--and over some good teams during that stretch. Well done! Let's DO THIS!

Reactions: 1 person
UT played 8 of the top 16 seeds, played 19 games, and went 14-5. Also would have played Auburn but for the weather. Pretty impressive.

The SEC and Pac 12 got all the top 8 seeds except Florida State. Then you look at the top 16 and 13 are either SEC or Pac 10 schools. The Big 12 got 2 and ACC 1 and the Big Ten was shutout.

Quick, call my bookie and bet big on a "outsider" NC champ. not SEC or PAC 10.

my pick? Oklahoma.

Minnesota was treated pretty harshly. I was worried they'd knock us out of the top 8. Instead, the Gophers didn't even get a top 16 seed. They were penalized too severely, IMO, for being in a bad conference. Meanwhile, SEC teams that finished 7th and 8th in the conference are hosting regionals--kentucky and ole miss. It is the old argument about who deserves better seeding---a good team that played a relatively soft schedule or a middling team from a power conference. In the end, being in a very strong conference helps.

If we can't win the Big Taco, I hope somebody OTHER than oklahoma or our top SEC rivals does. Tired of ou, and tired of florida and bama, too. And don't like the auburn coach, whose son, assistant coach on the team, was apparently having a relationship with one of the players. He was forced to resign. My sleeper pick for the tournament is Washington. Good team, by all accounts. I hope the Weeklys are out recruiting another stud pitcher and hitter, as we speak.

Sweet: So if we win our regional, we would play texas a&m again in the super, according to what I've seen, yes? In Knoxville. Go Vols!

I like Texas St over in the TAM regional. Let's see if they are the underdog that makes it.

This is great for the "Lady" Vols! I will be in town the weekend of the supers, sure would be nice to see a world series clinching game in Knoxville!!! C'mon ladies, get it done!

If we can get it together,I think we have a legit shot at making it to OKC. Yes we laid an egg at home in the SEC Tournament, however we were not the only one laying eggs, who figured Mississippi was going to win it all? We had 13 SEC teams to make the tournament. That is a true testament of how difficult the SEC is. It is very easy for a very good team to come up short on any given day. We play in a conference where every game is a tough game.

If we can't win the Big Taco, I hope somebody OTHER than oklahoma or our top SEC rivals does. Tired of ou, and tired of florida and bama, too. And don't like the auburn coach, whose son, assistant coach on the team, was apparently having a relationship with one of the players. He was forced to resign. My sleeper pick for the tournament is Washington. Good team, by all accounts. I hope the Weeklys are out recruiting another stud pitcher and hitter, as we speak.
Florida State was in a bad conference as well but they took it upon themselves to play a lot of Pac 10 and SEC teams to get themselves in position for a top seed. Minnesota would not have the record they have if they had done that.

If the Vols are good enough to win the regional and super-regional, and they will have to play well to do so, we would face florida in our first game in the World Series--assuming florida gets there as well! No. 1 v. No. 8 see. Not ideal--but at least we've seen their pitchers before. We can only hope that Minnesota or bama finds a way to knock them off in the super, as I'm pretty sure florida is not getting beat in the regional. (But you never know.)

Not sure if it's been posted, but here is the schedule for the regional games, this upcoming weekend in Knoxville!

Friday
Game 1: Ohio State vs. USC Upstate | 4:30 p.m. | ESPN3/WatchESPN

Game 2: Tennessee vs. Longwood | 7 p.m. | ESPN2

Saturday
Game 3: G1 Winner vs. G2 Winner | 12 p.m.

Game 4: G1 Loser vs. G2 Loser | 2:30 p.m.

Game 5: G3 Loser vs. G4 Winner | 5 p.m.

Sunday
Game 6: G3 Winner vs. G5 Winner | 12 p.m.

Game 7: G6 Winner vs. G6 Loser (If necessary) | 2:30 p.m.

I wish you had just moved to Nashville so we could open up with TSU :)

Would have been easier. I was just telling my friends up here a couple nights or so that i would root for OSU only when we dont play them in any sports. Boy that lasted five minutes. LOL

Karen Weekly said that there are still good tickets available for this weekend

I checked out ohio state, since there is a good chance we'll be playing them. They actually played some SEC teams this year. The got beat handily, very early in the season, by texas a&m, and then were later beaten by georgia and run-ruled by auburn. The buckeyes beat missouri. They are one of the better power hitting teams in the country, averaging 1.23 homers per game. So definitely beatable if we play to our standard.

Ohio St.'s record is 34-16. Surprisingly, they played Big 10 champion Minnesota only once, and that was in a 6-0 loss in their conference championship game!

Ohio State returns most of the players we beat last year. Can't overlook anyone, but we won't face a pitcher like Arizona's O'Toole in this year's Regionals.

Assuming we survive and advance, I wonder if we'll face aTm in the Supers? Their all-Texas bracket means rivalry games, and Texas State has a really good strikeout pitcher.

VN Store

Back