NCAA National Championship game

More of a 2 v 15 kinda guy. But let's not pretend UCF is 16 seed level either

Compared to the top 6 playoff teams after the regular season, hell yes they are. But hey, transitive property is what determines how a team can stack up with another team!

Notre Dame went to NC just a few years ago. If the schedule is good then you'll get in. And UCF played Michigan last year in the regular season and got creamed, so there's probably a reason UCF lightened the schedule this year.

So they made the schedule for this year after last year? I thought these were made several years in advance?

ND has a conference tie-in with the ACC I think. Win all those games plus their other games and they get in. They are a de facto P5.

I still wouldn’t cry if they didn’t get in though. Call it a P5 playoff and ND can join a conference or watch from the outside.

Lost in all this is the fact that Bama is the best team in the country in the end, but wasn’t the best team in conference, division, or state....and didn’t control its own destiny to get in the playoffs in the first place. Bama is the NC because a committee of people decided they deserved a shot. They didn’t earn it more than Wisconsin gifted it to them.

And this isn’t Bama hate. Good for them, even though I don’t like it. This is a gripe against the current 4-team system determined by a committee.

So they made the schedule for this year after last year? I thought these were made several years in advance?

ND has a conference tie-in with the ACC I think. Win all those games plus their other games and they get in. They are a de facto P5.

I still wouldn’t cry if they didn’t get in though. Call it a P5 playoff and ND can join a conference or watch from the outside.

Lost in all this is the fact that Bama is the best team in the country in the end, but wasn’t the best team in conference, division, or state....and didn’t control its own destiny to get in the playoffs in the first place. Bama is the NC because a committee of people decided they deserved a shot. They didn’t earn it more than Wisconsin gifted it to them.

And this isn’t Bama hate. Good for them, even though I don’t like it. This is a gripe against the current 4-team system determined by a committee.

Majority of schedules are set 3-4 years in advance. However, there tends to be 4-6 teams per year that change, cancel, move a game/series the year before. If UCF was willing to schedule bigger teams without demanding a home and home series, they'd get it. Boise and TCU went thru the same thing.

Bama got in because Wisconsin lost. And auburn lost.

Bama got in because Wisconsin lost. And auburn lost.

Bama was getting in as long as Wisconsin lost. Regardless of who won the SEC Title, the loser was always going to not make the playoff. A 11-2 UGA with an SEC Title game loss wasn't getting in over 11-1 Bama.

Here's my plan. 9 conference games for every P5 team, at least 1 p5 OOC game for every P5 team, 11 regular season games total, 8 team playoff, conference champions get in, 3 wild cards, G5 highest rated team gets in as long as they're in the top 15, 1st round played at home for the top 4 seeds, and then play semifinals and title games at traditional bowl venues, then expanding to the new Raiders stadium in Vegas as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No 12 game regular seasons any more. Play 8 conference teams, 3 non conference games then conference Championship. 8 team playoff-top 5 conference winners get in plus the next 3 highest rated conferences or 2 wild cards (highest ranked). That would mean the top 5 conferences would be ACC, SEC, Big 10/12, PAC 10/12, the old Southwest conference, plus 2 wild cards and one other conference winner.

VN Store

Back