NBA Discussion Thread

No one is talking about my Pacers?? We are 10 games or so into the season and none of them have punched a fan, started a rioit or shot anyone outside of a strip club. Now that should be the top story of the season so far people!

Orlando beat the Celtics tonight. Looked like it was a great game.

Hornets and Magic face off tomorrow night in what could be another really good game. I think Chris Paul is questionable though.
Chris Paul has been upgraded to a game time decision

cp3ownsd12-happens.jpg

I went to the Grizz game last night. Durant didn't look so hot. Must have had an off night. Mike Mullen played well though.

With Kwame being out, speculation is that Chris Webber could be a Laker by the end of the month.

Still doesn't count as the superstar talent the Lakers were supposed to surround Kobe with. C-Webb is still good, but c'mon...

I don't know about the supposed to part, but I do think L.A. could have done a better job getting Kobe help. But he had no problem with Shaq leaving, and he had to have known that Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, or a draft pick were not going to be on par with having Big Aristotle down low.

Well, next week I'm going to watch two of the worst teams in the NBA square off when the T-Wolves visit Memphis. Hopefully, I'll be too elated over the SECCG to notice the lousy basketball.

WTH the Bulls cant even beat the Knicks.

Trade whoever you got to trade and get Bryant!

After watching the 2-13 T-Wolves play the 6-10 Grizzlies, a few observations:

1. The Griz are not that bad. Gay and Miller are nice players to go along with Gasol, and with Donnie Darko back, they aren't that far away from being respectable.

2. The Wolves, on the other hand, are God-awful. I didn't see a single player that actually qualifies as a threat. Cory Brewer is at least 30 lbs under NBA playing weight and is at risk to get broken on any given play. Did they get anything at all for Garnett? Don't be at all surprised to see them with the most lottery balls next year.

3. The Forum is a really nice facility. If Memphis can't figure out a way to support the Griz, though, I don't see any way for an NBA franchise to survive in it long-term. There couldn't have been more than 4,000 people there, and half of those were the parents of the middle school cheerleading squads that performed at halftime. It really was kind of depressing.

4. The Grizzlies still have a blue teen-wolf as a mascot.

5. There is very little that is less entertaining than bad NBA basketball.

Chris Paul dropped 43 points last night to go along with 9 assists, 5 rebounds and 4 steals in an OT win against the Grizz.

I rented NBA live 08 yesterday and started a season with the Utah Jazz.

I played a couple of games and realized the 12th guy on the bench was Maurice Almond ...and he has the highest overall rating of anybody on the team.

Now I have only got to watch one game so far this year and it was the Mavericks beating the dog piss out of the Spurs.

So has anybody got to watch the Jazz and is this Almond kid really good?

I rented NBA live 08 yesterday and started a season with the Utah Jazz.

I played a couple of games and realized the 12th guy on the bench was Maurice Almond ...and he has the highest overall rating of anybody on the team.

Now I have only got to watch one game so far this year and it was the Mavericks beating the dog piss out of the Spurs.

So has anybody got to watch the Jazz and is this Almond kid really good?
Almond is in the NBDL.

I voted for my All star starters the other day
WEST
Center- Chris Kaman
forward- Duncan
forward-Melo
guard- D. Williams
guard- Bryant
East
Center-Howard
Forward- Garnett
Forward- James
Guard- Joe Johnson
Guard- Dwayne Wade

I think the Heat would be better if they let Wade play the point and get Kevin Martin from the kings to play the 2, I dont think there is any way they could pull off a trade for the guy but I enjoyed the NBA more when the East was loaded.

VN Store

Back