National Championship Game Thread TCU VS UGA

I honestly think when we go to a 12-team the SEC will average 3/4 participants in the semifinal.
My wife, who knows just enough football to be dangerous, just asked what’s going to keep the SEC from just playing each other when it goes to 12 games. I said nothing; get ready for it.

This game was so lopsided I don't even think they made "TCU" national championship clothes that they usually give away from the losing side.

Reactions: Nooga
I honestly think when we go to a 12-team the SEC will average 3/4 participants in the semifinal.

I think you're right. I'm willing to bet that within 6 or 7 years there will be a rule change to force all SEC teams onto one side of the bracket so that this scenario can't happen.

For those bashing TCU, let me ask you a question. TCU beat Michigan. Michigan beat Ohio State earlier in the year. How can you say TCU didn't belong in the CFP but Michigan and Ohio State did?

Reactions: GroverCleveland
My wife, who knows just enough football to be dangerous, just asked what’s going to keep the SEC from just playing each other when it goes to 12 games. I said nothing; get ready for it.
They will probably end up making the NC game a Big10 vs SEC matchup to get Ohio State and Michigan to go along with it.

Tennessee is better than OSU, Michigan and TCU. Next year Tennessee will defeat Georgia, giving the vols a win over the last 4 national champions.

Reactions: loservol
For those bashing TCU, let me ask you a question. TCU beat Michigan. Michigan beat Ohio State earlier in the year. How can you say TCU didn't belong in the CFP but Michigan and Ohio State did?
Ask your friend to take out his phone and show you the final score.

Reactions: DixieVol

The committee got the top 4 right. There is no good argument for Bama, UT, USC, etc. The problem is not the committee.

The problem is TCU. If you have this kind of performance in you, you don't belong. This is shameful.

Reactions: TrueOrange
The committee got the top 4 right. There is no good argument for Bama, UT, USC, etc. The problem is not the committee.

The problem is TCU. If you have this kind of performance in you, you don't belong. This is shameful.

Good point.

I think the argument is not all records are equal. It’s a tough argument and I don’t know how you make it, but obviously there were better 2-loss teams that were more battle tested.

If I’m being honest at the time I thought the committee got it right, but obviously something is wrong with the system.

Brutal beat down. Georgia has something we want....Neyland this year we take it.

VN Store

Back