My suggestion at getting more NON-UK fans at the SEC Tourney.

Well you can't stop them from coming. I'm trying to think of ways to get other fans to show up.

Gotcha, and yea that would probably help, but to me if that was the case this year I wouldn't have bought tickets. Personally I would rather just do away with it, but I realize that's not happening.

The best way to have less yUK fans is for the NCAA to put them on probation where they belong since Calipari has several advanced degrees in cheating

Reactions: 1 person
I've got a group of friends who attend the tourney every year. Even though they are huge UT fans, they hope KY makes it to the championship game because they make a profit by selling their fans their tickets once TN gets knocked out. Can't blame them for capitalizing on the market

We wouldn't have made it this year.

That's my point, I wouldn't have bought tickets to Watch the other teams play if mine isn't in it, and if my team is in it having it be 3 days isn't gonna make me any more likely to drive up attendance IMO.

In short, I don't think that would increase attendance, I don't think there's really much of a way to increase attendance except teams just being better. If you had 2 top 10 teams, 2 top 15 teams and 2 top 25 teams I'm guessing more people would show up, but that's on the teams in the league to get better, not anything the league itself can do.

That's my point, I wouldn't have bought tickets to Watch the other teams play if mine isn't in it, and if my team is in it having it be 3 days isn't gonna make me any more likely to drive up attendance IMO.

In short, I don't think that would increase attendance, I don't think there's really much of a way to increase attendance except teams just being better. If you had 2 top 10 teams, 2 top 15 teams and 2 top 25 teams I'm guessing more people would show up, but that's on the teams in the league to get better, not anything the league itself can do.

That's the biggest thing.

Why does it matter if all the fans there are Kentucky fans?I'm a grad student at UT and I wouldn't pay money for a hotel and gas to drive to another city to watch a team play that has no chance to make the NCAA tournament. Even if they had a chance, the SEC tournament is irrelevant. Who cares what happens there, the dance is what matters and I'd rather spend money to go watch them there.

Why does it matter if all the fans there are Kentucky fans?I'm a grad student at UT and I wouldn't pay money for a hotel and gas to drive to another city to watch a team play that has no chance to make the NCAA tournament. Even if they had a chance, the SEC tournament is irrelevant. Who cares what happens there, the dance is what matters and I'd rather spend money to go watch them there.

And there is the difference between Kentucky and our "fans"

Their fans mortgage their trailors to go see a tournement that doesn't matter one bit in terms of their NCAA fate and yet ours don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The goal is to sell tickets and make money. They don't care what color of butt is sitting in the seat as long as they paid for it.

Their fans mortgage their trailors to go see a tournement that doesn't matter one bit in terms of their NCAA fate and yet ours don't care.

So making a smart fiscal decision means we don't care? Why should we care about the SEC tournament? For Kentucky, its the basketball version of the SEC championship for football. You don't see many Kentucky fans there do you? Its plain and simple that people don't show up for something they don't have a chance to win.

Also, as a student, I can't miss classes to go during the week, and we never make it to the weekend, which always falls during spring break so....:dunno:

This is not an anti UK fan post.
I just think it's sad that every year that it's just basically a big blue convention.

The current system has each school with a certain number of tickets that they just primarily sell to anyone and UK fans just get online or the phone and by them all.

I think I know a way to change that.
All 14 teams will have an allotment of a minimum of 500 tickets with the option of getting a maximum of 1,000.
Those tickets must either be sold to that schools own donors or season ticket holders or proof of fandom by in state drivers license or a body tattoo or some such, lol. If they can not sell those 500 tickets, instead of then putting them on the open market where UK fans would gobble them up, the school must give the remainder of them to their students for free and the school absorbs the cost of those tickets.

No, this isn't foolproof.
I know some schools fans will still sell their tix to UK fans.
But, it's better than the current system which might as well just be played in Lexington every year.
Now you know how Kentucky football feels when they host UT

The solution to your question is easy. Make them play football instead and there won't be a sign of blue.

It is as simple as ATF:

Let Non UK fans bring in their own alcohol and firearms.

If they are seated near Kentucky bench, allow them to chew tobacco as well.

I literally know someone who did that.

SEC schools don't give a crap about beating Ky in hoops. Why should their fans show up?

VN Store

Back