My son committed....

There are many posters on this site who should be committed.
But, that has nothing to do with sports.

Reactions: 3 people
Maryville College may not be the biggest stage for college football, but the academics there are top of the line. Some are more impressed with a Maryville college diploma than one from Vanderbilt. Beautiful campus too. Hope he enjoys it, a great place to get an education.

Yes...that was the biggest consideration. He's a good athlete, but a better student. I'm thrilled he can get that type of education here in our back yard

Thanks, I never miss a chance to do either.

Senior year has been rough on old dad....I see that window of opportunity beginning to close. After every game we took a picture together, win or lose. I'll cherish them always. All the days, dating back to 5th grade, sitting in the rain or the heat at practice, rushing to games, getting him to private QB coaching, field clean up days, concession stand duty, late nights at away games.....I wouldn't give any of it back.

It was all worthwhile....even more so with this opportunity.

THIS. CONGRATS. What is that liquid in my eye

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats, Two of my sons graduated there. Excellent academics. They have a great football team as well. Nice location. There is some partying going on though, so just be forewarned.

Congrats, Two of my sons graduated there. Excellent academics. They have a great football team as well. Nice location. There is some partying going on though, so just be forewarned.

Fact of life. He's a good one. Unlike his dad did he avoids the party crowd to a fault.

Fact of life. He's a good one. Unlike his dad did he avoids the party crowd to a fault.

Congrats BV! That is awesome to hear. I'm sure you are proud but a little nervous at the same time.

My daughter signed to play Volleyball at Life U in Atlanta last year. She'll be fighting for a starting role next season. I was excited for her, but worried about all the dynamics of team, academics, and social atmosphere.

We dropped her off on campus last fall and momma cut the umbilical cord. She called home after the first week and said "what have y'all left me in?" Might as well have dropped her off at a night club. Thankfully, she's been disciplined like your son and stayed out of the party atmosphere so far. Proud of her. She's doing a lot better than dad did. :eek:hmy:

Best of luck to your son athletically, academically, and socially.

Congrats BV! That is awesome to hear. I'm sure you are proud but a little nervous at the same time.

My daughter signed to play Volleyball at Life U in Atlanta last year. She'll be fighting for a starting role next season. I was excited for her, but worried about all the dynamics of team, academics, and social atmosphere.

We dropped her off on campus last fall and momma cut the umbilical cord. She called home after the first week and said "what have y'all left me in?" Might as well have dropped her off at a night club. Thankfully, she's been disciplined like your son and stayed out of the party atmosphere so far. Proud of her. She's doing a lot better than dad did. :eek:hmy:

Best of luck to your son athletically, academically, and socially.

Thanks so much...Sounds like you have one to be proud of too.

Congratulations, Boro-vol. My son is in 6th grade and I can imagine the pride you must feel.

:eek:hmy:
Didn't know where else to post this, and it may never be seen, but a proud dad just wants to announce my son has committed to play college football for the Maryville College Scots! He committed as a QB for the 2017 class. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Congrats... i hope your son has a great career and it sounds like he has a bright future even if football doesn't work out

Congrats to both posters on this thread. the son at maryville and the daughter at AP. Getting to this level says much about the athlete and the support group around him or her.

Congrats to both posters on this thread. the son at maryville and the daughter at AP. Getting to this level says much about the athlete and the support group around him or her.

Thank you very much. I wish I could take credit but I taught her all the good things from my golf swing in about 30 seconds, and then hired a swing coach!! It's been amazing to watch her from an 8 year old picking up a club for the first time to being on the high school team as a 6-8th grader, to being selected as team captain for her junior and senior (upcoming) years to getting a scholarship at a Div I university. I hope all parents are equally as blessed as I have been.

I'm so excited to watch my son take part in National Signing Day with a gathering at his school tomorrow morning. I've followed it for years, but never really dreamed we'd get to take part.

I'm so excited to watch my son take part in National Signing Day with a gathering at his school tomorrow morning. I've followed it for years, but never really dreamed we'd get to take part.

Hope it all went well this morning!! Congrats to you both again!!

Congrats to your son BV. My son is also a senior this year. He plays baseball and football. He has an offer from Milligan for baseball and some D-3 offers for football but he hasn't committed anywhere yet. We visited Sewanee this past weekend and we are visiting Centre College this coming weekend, both for football.

Hope it all went well this morning!! Congrats to you both again!!

It was really fun. He got to do multiple interviews and handled them like an old pro. He cant wait to graduate and get on campus....He's already started building relationships with the team mates. Things are moving fast.

Congrats to your son BV. My son is also a senior this year. He plays baseball and football. He has an offer from Milligan for baseball and some D-3 offers for football but he hasn't committed anywhere yet. We visited Sewanee this past weekend and we are visiting Centre College this coming weekend, both for football.
Man, that's great. Good luck. Milligan and Sewanee both are great schools. Is he leaning toward baseball or football?

He is leaning towards football but would consider baseball if it's the right situation. He has also applied for a NROTC scholarship to Vanderbilt, Memphis, NC State, Virginia Tech, and VMI. If he gets accepted he will give up both. I'm torn. I will be extremely proud if he gets accepted but I'm not ready to give up watching him play either sport just yet.

He is leaning towards football but would consider baseball if it's the right situation. He has also applied for a NROTC scholarship to Vanderbilt, Memphis, NC State, Virginia Tech, and VMI. If he gets accepted he will give up both. I'm torn. I will be extremely proud if he gets accepted but I'm not ready to give up watching him play either sport just yet.

Wow...Sounds like an impressive young man. I wish you guys the best in your decisions.

VN Store

Back