My Heartfelt Rant

General_Neyland

Season Tix
To the Folks that wear Orange Sunglasses and feel pity on Dooley:

Unfortunatley outing a coaching staff for incompetience can at times seem like bashing. When in reality its nothing more than discussing (ranting) about the direction of the team.

My Family has held season tickets since they were offered. IVe been going to games since I was 4 years old (1975). I've parked at the Colliesium, rode the SH**** shuttle busses to and from the Stadium, made the 3 mile hike to and from the stadium on foot.

I KNOW WHAT GOOD TENNESSEE FOOTBALL IS!!!!.....I also know bad football and leadership when I see it....and what your seeing on the field the past 3-6 years is BAD TENNESSEE FOOTBALL and a failure of the former AD.

Un fortunately we STILL have not found the right guy to take us back to where we belong. (Coach Majors should almost be a model for the next coach in my opinion) simply because he understood Tennessee Football...

So just because some of us call it like it is dont take it the wrong way. Dont confuse reality with being rude toward the coaches. IF we could find positive things to say i'm sure you would hear about it.

:hi:

Reactions: 10 people

Unfortunatley outing a coaching staff for incompetience can at times seem like bashing. When in reality its nothing more than discussing (ranting) about the direction of the team.

My Family has held season tickets since they were offered. IVe been going to games since I was 4 years old (1975). I've parked at the Colliesium, rode the SH**** shuttle busses to and from the Stadium, made the 3 mile hike to and from the stadium on foot.

I KNOW WHAT GOOD TENNESSEE FOOTBALL IS!!!!.....I also know bad football and leadership when I see it....and what your seeing on the field the past 3-6 years is BAD TENNESSEE FOOTBALL and a failure of the former AD.

Un fortunately we STILL have not found the right guy to take us back to where we belong. (Coach Majors should almost be a model for the next coach in my opinion) simply because he understood Tennessee Football...

So just because some of us call it like it is dont take it the wrong way. Dont confuse reality with being rude toward the coaches. IF we could find positive things to say i'm sure you would hear about it.

Great post, I agree 100%!!

I agree the whole staff needs to go but I cannot stand the trolls and haters.

I'm just for keepin' it classy in the process. Why bash when the results (wins and losses and who they're against) speak for themselves? I'm a tad younger than you, General, but let me put my metaphorical arm around you and say, "It's all gonna work itself out"

I understand your points and share your frustration but in spite of that I don't think CDD should be replaced (Sunseri should be replaced and perhaps few other defensive assistant coaches but that is all). The reason I say this is that if we had Wilcox this year with the exact same defense we had last year we would be looking at probably only one loss this year (Bama). So the question is does Tennessee football return to greatness quicker if we replace the only thing that seems to be broken (defense), or if we start rebuilding process all over. That is the only disagreement between us - I think getting another DC is all that is needed because the amount of progress in all other areas has been obvious.

Mabye this is the wrong place to post this, but what the hell is up with the Pig Package. Every time the dude is on the field, he is getting the ball. And, EVERYONE knows it. When He jogged out to the huddle against Bama, the whole freakin d was pointing at him! And, Sure enough, we force a pass to him in double coverage. INT in the End Zone. Today, he walks in the game and the WHOLE Troy team Pointed at him as a key! He gets the ball and Bam, Fumble. Did Dooley promise this dude specific playing time to come to TN or what. HE has Done NOTHING on the field to warrant the plays he gets. Mabye I am the only one that sees this, But I would encourage your feedback!

Reactions: 1 person
General Neyland

If you have been going to games that long, you must remember how many years Coach Majors was on he hot seat until he won every game in November. My response isn't in support of or against DD, it's just a reminder that things were always as rosy in the past as we sometimes recall.

Mabye this is the wrong place to post this, but what the hell is up with the Pig Package. Every time the dude is on the field, he is getting the ball. And, EVERYONE knows it. When He jogged out to the huddle against Bama, the whole freakin d was pointing at him! And, Sure enough, we force a pass to him in double coverage. INT in the End Zone. Today, he walks in the game and the WHOLE Troy team Pointed at him as a key! He gets the ball and Bam, Fumble. Did Dooley promise this dude specific playing time to come to TN or what. HE has Done NOTHING on the field to warrant the plays he gets. Mabye I am the only one that sees this, But I would encourage your feedback!
Did you see all of the SC defense pointing at him last week, and he threw the TD pass?

Recruiting is another thing that needs to be "fixed". Very below average so far to compete in our league. There is PLENTY to be improved.

So you did not see that nice TD throw Pig made in SC game?

I can understand being upset and the knee jerk reaction is to yell and scream, "fire Dooley!", but wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper to just fire Sal? I really believe we would only have 1 loss if it weren't for sals defense. I know ultimately Dooley is responsible for this team. I'm just throwing out some questions to ponder.

The one thing I disagree with is blaming all of this on Mike Hamilton. While I despise the man, I do not believe that Kiffin was a bad hire. He actually beat UGA and USC bad with Jonathan Crompton. Just some bad luck with Carrol leaving USC. Hamilton also made 2 great basketball hires. Hate the man all you want but he isn't THE reason we are where we are.

General Neyland

If you have been going to games that long, you must remember how many years Coach Majors was on he hot seat until he won every game in November. My response isn't in support of or against DD, it's just a reminder that things were always as rosy in the past as we sometimes recall.

I hear ya, but coach majors coached and ran games as if he were playing, he understood our history and who we were and how we played. We could have the worst team and back in the day played against and beaten anybody (and we did) because we played with heart...can you honestly say the same now?

hmmmm...what happened when we finally fired that guy?

The 90's happened, but wouldn't you agree that Majors played at least a decent role in that? I mean he already had a VERY solid foundation built when Fulmer took over.

Not to mention, the Sugar Vols are my second favorite UT team of all time behind the '98 team. Majors was a hell of a coach. Different situation.

Did you see all of the SC defense pointing at him last week, and he threw the TD pass?[/QUOTE

Didnt TN lose? My point is, that if you are going to use Pig howard in the game, Please put him in when he does not get the ball! Therefore, when he does, it is a somewhat surprise. Right now, when he comes into the game. HE GETS THE FREAKIN BALL. So most of the D cordinators have picked up on that and scheme to BLOW any plays hes in up! Just Sayin!

He threw a TD pass against USC. Great call by Chaney.

I do think there are times where it is obvious where we are going with ball. We put Young in the game in the 2nd half against UF and I immediately told my brother it was a screen. It was and UF knew as well. I really haven't noticed with Pig.

Did you see all of the SC defense pointing at him last week, and he threw the TD pass?[/QUOTE

Didnt TN lose? My point is, that if you are going to use Pig howard in the game, Please put him in when he does not get the ball! Therefore, when he does, it is a somewhat surprise. Right now, when he comes into the game. HE GETS THE FREAKIN BALL. So most of the D cordinators have picked up on that and scheme to BLOW any plays hes in up! Just Sayin!

What's the point if we lost? The play worked. That was the point of the post.

VN Store

Back