Music City Roll Call

I'm trying to decide. I'd like to go, as I like this match up, program wise. Plus I've never been to a bowl game.

Just not sure about $100 each for mid to upper level (lodge). I'm thinking if I can find some close to 50 on cold side, I might pull the trigger. I can get them cheaper on visitors side, but I'm not sure if I want to do that either?

My wife and I are going. Driving from Kansas City. Then heading East to donate goods for East Tennesseans from the wildfires. If you're a Vols fan that lives in Tennessee that has that day off you should make it to the game. No excuses. FYI Fire Butch! Support the men in Orange and White.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm trying to decide. I'd like to go, as I like this match up, program wise. Plus I've never been to a bowl game.

Just not sure about $100 each for mid to upper level (lodge). I'm thinking if I can find some close to 50 on cold side, I might pull the trigger. I can get them cheaper on visitors side, but I'm not sure if I want to do that either?

$10 tix all over the street the day of the game. Just go, you'll find them. Buy singles, pairs, whatever and wherever. Then get in the stadium, go to the highest nosebleed on the 50 where no one is sitting and you all sit together. No one cares because those seats are likely unsold anyway.

I got myself and 7 family members (yep, 8 of us) into the OUTBACK bowl last season for $110. Total. And none of us missed pregame.

I learned my lesson when I paid $100 each ahead of time for tix to the Orange Bowl to see Peyton's last game. This was vs Nebraska and was effectively the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME that year, as a Neb win = a championship. Tix were $20 all over the place an hour before game time. There were a good 10-20K seats empty that day.

AV

Reactions: 2 people

cant lie i was debating this same as you, tix felt uber expensive compared to Taxslayer and Outback for lesser seats IMO (which were awesome games wit a great crowd)

Was selfishly wanting this game to be in Charlotte to knock out seeing my family, but whatever didnt work out....havent been north for xmas or new years in a long while....

Last edited:
I plan to be at the MCB. Not sure how many family members, but possibly 8 total.

FYI, would have found a way to pay for the trip to the Sugar Bowl for a chance to see my son march at the Superdome. frada-racka-frakin-Vandy-#$@%!

Would NOT have returned to Taxslayer or Outback and probably wouldn't have gone to Citrus.

AV

If you're attending this game then you're apart of the problem. Have you not wasted enough money on this team this year?

I will not partake in this celebration of underachieving

You do realize this is for the players and not YOU dontcha?

Reactions: 6 people
Not going, probably not even going to watch. I think I'll just check my ESPN app occasionally. That's about how much interest I have.

You do realize this is for the players and not YOU dontcha?

Yeah, I'm sure that the Music City bowl isn't concerned about ratings or attendance at all, you know because it's all about the players. That's why college football is played.

Wife and I are going. Won't be as close or warm as last year but we'll get thru it

Reactions: 3 people
If you're attending this game then you're apart of the problem. Have you not wasted enough money on this team this year?

I will not partake in this celebration of underachieving

Not going, probably not even going to watch. I think I'll just check my ESPN app occasionally. That's about how much interest I have.

This is the typical attitude I'm surrounded by in Florida with Gator fans. Bunch of fair weather Jack legs.

Reactions: 7 people
This is the typical attitude I'm surrounded by in Florida with Gator fans. Bunch of fair weather Jack legs.

I'm not fair weather at all. I watched every bloody minute of this season and spent several hundred dollars on the Alabama game where I stayed til the end. But I'm done with Jones just like I was done with Dooley. I won't participate in the poisoning of my Alma Mater.

Yeah, I'm sure that the Music City bowl isn't concerned about ratings or attendance at all, you know because it's all about the players. That's why college football is played.

Pay attention. BigSteve was disappointed in the season so he ain't going. Weren't discussing the bowls' agenda. Stay the course. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

I'm not fair weather at all. I watched every bloody minute of this season and spent several hundred dollars on the Alabama game where I stayed til the end. But I'm done with Jones just like I was done with Dooley. I won't participate in the poisoning of my Alma Mater.

I really don't care what you do, but if that is not "fair weather "....what is?

Reactions: 5 people
I really don't care what you do, but if that is not "fair weather "....what is?

Fair weather fans have no real opinion or feelings about the program. They are apathetic and not really fans. I am definitely none of those things in case you don't ever pay attention to my posts.

I care deeply about the success of my school and will not support those whose ineptitude will eventually destroy it.

Fair weather fans have no real opinion or feelings about the program. They are apathetic and not really fans. I am definitely none of those things in case you don't ever pay attention to my posts.

I care deeply about the success of my school and will not support those whose ineptitude will eventually destroy it.

That is not how the "sports world" defines it. But it's not worth going any further with this.

I stand by my original post.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm going with a bunch of guys from work that are from NEBRASKA and are huge fans.....3 Vols and 3 Huskers. They feel like this will be a close game but Vols will get the win. They are not very high on Tommy Armstrong.

VN Store

Back