Mulkey

You never have any question about what her emotions are that is for darn sure.I am surprised that she doen't incur more technical fouls.....but she is right at least 50% of the time and entertaining in the process.....I love to see her in agony .

I certainly recall that complaint about Martin. I noticed neither Tyndall or Barnes have gotten one in their short stints.

I've also noticed no one wanted them fired for it.

I guess throwing your jacket into the first row and calling the official a mother f*(%er is a great way to teach young people how to act when crap doesn't go your way.

Do you really think people wanted Zo fired bc he didn't get a tech

I love it. A coach with passion that can coach and recruit. Give me that all day.:)

I agree, give me a coach with some passion. The ref's in this game were awful. She let it go in the Louisville Game a few years ago, and it not only cost her the National Championship, but gave UConn the trophy. The calls were terrible against them, and I for one don't think they were missed, just not called. She should have walked out to the center of the court as Coach Summitt did at Texas several years ago. I will take a great coach, and great recruiter to replace of what we have any day, and be glad to get them. I remember in the past and you will see it in the future if UConn ever has a close game that that assistant holds Gino back every timeout. Fans need to grow up and realize what we need and it not any of the coaching staff we have at the present. A new coach such as Mulkey and we could certainly be a final four team next year.

Reactions: 2 people
Perhaps some of you were too young, but watching her pushing the ball down the court when she was point guard for LTech all those years ago was something to see! Her hair in a french braid, she looked like an avenging angel running the court. This was, as I recall, before the NCAA recognized women's basketball (I may be wrong; it might be in the early NCAA years). I wonder if there is any Ytube footage of her back then? She was hell!

The thing is her players love her and will play for her....that is all that matters...not to mention the recruits she gets to Baylor unreal!!

LV fans are delusional.......maybe if CHW had HALF the passion for winning that the Baylor coach, and MANY more coaches, have the LV would get the most out of the fantastic talent we have on this roster.

Reactions: 1 person
I personally dont have a problem with it. Is that worse than a coach who admits I quit coaching our team. Some teams feed off their coach going nuts.

I don't have a problem with it either - I just wonder if she is thinking about that T this AM & the final score?

I don't have a problem with it either - I just wonder if she is thinking about that T this AM & the final score?

Seriously?????? It happened in the middle of the second quarter with the score 23/18........"come on man!!!"

Do you really think people wanted Zo fired bc he didn't get a tech

No.

If memory serves...he mumbled, too. People didn't like that. He obviously was not a white jewish cheater, people didn't like that or should I say they wanted that guy back really bad. Didn't like his offense. Didn't like his defense. Wasn't a good fit because he's not the type thats going to rant and rave like a lunatic, take his shirt off and sit in the student section. Couldn't recruit...that's pretty funny. Couldn't develop players, that's a good one too.

UT almost got what it deserved had the mess down at Hattiesburg been brought up a few months later there's no telling' how much damage Donnie Tyndall could have inflicted...but looks like the NCAA swooped in just in time and we're off the hook.

The handling of that situation is why the haters should have learned a lesson...but some folks never learn.

Never seen lack of passion from this team! What do you all expect these girls to do when showing passion? I've seen them do everything except cry and get a tech!

Thinking you should win just by walking on the court in a LV uniform does NOT equal passion.

Cuse showed passion with their defense and effort......we did NOT!
Cuse showed passion with hustle and the "refuse to lose" attitude.......we did NOT!
Passion for the game is exemplified through effort!

Passion is NOT being upset because you made a bad play, or a turnover, or missed a shot, or lost a game.

If her face ever freezes in one of those contortions, will take more than one plastic surgeon to put the pieces back together! Looks like those bracelets the team wore all year stating "8 Is Not Enough" could be junked before midnight!:birgits_giggle:

If you have seen Kardashian family's women you will know what is a plastic surgery ...LOL

Thinking you should win just by walking on the court in a LV uniform does NOT equal passion.

Cuse showed passion with their defense and effort......we did NOT!
Cuse showed passion with hustle and the "refuse to lose" attitude.......we did NOT!
Passion for the game is exemplified through effort!

Passion is NOT being upset because you made a bad play, or a turnover, or missed a shot, or lost a game.

O............well in that case I saw our girls give just as much passion as the Cuse girls did. By your definition of passion, it's safe to say that Syracuse has MORE passion for the game, just because they won....right????????

I was hoping the refs would blow another call and maybe she would lose the shirt. Another blown call after that and who knows what would go flying.

Basketball is in part entertainment. Mulkey is entertaining and as a bonus she's a pretty good coach.

Reactions: 4 people
I was hoping the refs would blow another call and maybe she would lose the shirt. Another blown call after that and who knows what would go flying.

Basketball is in part entertainment. Mulkey is entertaining and as a bonus she's a pretty good coach.

I'd have to concur.....I love Mulkey's antics! I watch Baylor just to see her or her warbrobe.

O............well in that case I saw our girls give just as much passion as the Cuse girls did. By your definition of passion, it's safe to say that Syracuse has MORE passion for the game, just because they won....right????????

nevermind.......you watched the game with your heart.....and that is great......Go LV

I found this article about Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger to be interesting. Although it isn't in this article, this coach has led a senior laden team with no players that were anywhere near the Top 100 recruits upward (FF), has led FL to a FF and coached 3 other teams to the tournament. Not saying he's anything special, but his style and demeanor is contrast to Mulkey and some others. Hard to figure out how a coach can get his players to play hard, work hard and win (no McD AA on this squad) at a Football heavy school, yet CHW can't. I guess it takes a little bit of both being semi-crazy and semi-sane anymore. I like to think that it can be done with grace and style, just like Kruger. Just my take. He also makes sure his players thank those that come to practices.

As for Mulkey, she can be irritating as hell and just plain jack-ass.I know her and Coale at OU had intense times but seems to have cooled off (with OU's decline and Baylor's at or near the top, no surprise).

Oklahoma Sooners Lon Kruger is the nicest guy in college basketball

Last edited:

VN Store

Back