Muhammad Ali close to death in Arizona hospital. RIP 6/3/16

Wow! What an inspiration.

Hana Ali, one of Ali’s nine children, shared an anecdote from the scene at her father’s bedside as he died.

“We all tried to stay strong and whispered in his ear, ‘You can go now. We will be okay. We love love. Thank you. You can go back to God now.’ All of us were around him hugging and kissing him and holding his hands, chanting the Islamic prayer. All of his organs failed but his HEART wouldn’t stop beating. For 30 minutes...his heart just keep beating. No one had ever seen anything like it. A true testament to the strength of his Spirit and Will!”

Reactions: 3 people
For me, it's that he stood for what he believed in. Whether those are values you side with is another matter, but you cannot deny that he used his platform to try to bring about change.

Reactions: 4 people
....this guy couldn't even wait a full day before making this a political talking point.

Knoxville's own Rep. Martin Daniel

https://twitter.com/RepMartinDaniel/status/739194801308979200

Cassius Clay was a skilled, great boxer, but failure to to enlist in the US military when the call was made is black cloud on his character

I'm not sure what pisses me off more...

That he couldn't stand to let the day pass without his hot take or that he refuses to call him by his chosen name.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
....this guy couldn't even wait a full day before making this a political talking point.

That he couldn't stand to let the day pass without his hot take or that he refuses to call him by his chosen name.

Damn shame. But as this thread has shown, vultures don't wait till the body is cold.

Reactions: 1 person

What a buffoon. Ali was absolutely right about Vietnam. He didn't run and hide. He said what more should have. We missed 3 years of his prime because of it.

Reactions: 2 people

I like to think Ali summed up his views very well. Pi$$ on that political whore.
Ironically his Twitter profile says he's a guardian of freedoms. Yeah, right.

Last edited:
What a buffoon. Ali was absolutely right about Vietnam. He didn't run and hide. He said what more should have. We missed 3 years of his prime because of it.

Exactly. He stood his ground based on his moral conviction and it cost him while many used daddy's money and influence to avoid going without repercussion.

Exactly. He stood his ground based on his moral conviction and it cost him while many used daddy's money and influence to avoid going without repercussion.

Just funny how his moral conviction was so flexible on some matters and so rigid on others. Seems a persons death just makes it easier for most people to focus on the rigid instead of the flexible.

Just funny how his moral conviction was so flexible on some matters and so rigid on others. Seems a persons death just makes it easier for most people to focus on the rigid instead of the flexible.

What were his flexible moral convictions?

What were his flexible moral convictions?

Fidelity? Taking care of your children? Age of consent?

Then there's the entire ape, Uncle Tom, "white champ in black skin" campaign he went on to promote an effing boxing match that ruined Joe Frazier's life. The same Joe Frazier that gave Ali money, and fought for his suspension to be overturned, while Ali was unable to fight for 3 1/2 years.

Since I dont live in Tn - I dont follow any of their politics but this idiot sounds like a real piece of work Rep. Daniel: ISIS should be allowed to recruit at University of Tennessee | WATE 6 On Your Side fwiw did he ever serve in the military or even active duty ? Im guessing no

The fact that he "claimed" to champion black rights but had no problem running down black fighters to promote fights.

Not sure what that has to do with black rights. He wasn't asking that Joe Frazier get sent to the back of the bus.

Not sure what that has to do with black rights. He wasn't asking that Joe Frazier get sent to the back of the bus.

He was advocating that Frazier, and his effin kids in elementary school, be degraded for not being "black enough" and therefore obviously representing the white peoples champ.

Ali likened himself as a champion of black rights and "fought" for equality and civil rights. But yet in order to make a little more change and promote a fight, he had no problem saying horrible things about a good black man like Joe Frazier.

Noch would know more but I'm pretty sure Ali insulted other black fighters as well in lead ups to fights.

He was advocating that Frazier, and his effin kids in elementary school, be degraded for not being "black enough" and therefore obviously representing the white peoples champ.

I don't understand how that is in opposition to his conviction for civil rights.

I admit, it's really a ****ty thing to do. Part of me hates Ali for the way he treated Frazier, but I don't see the flexibility in his conviction in this case. He was always a bully to his opponents.

I don't understand how that is in opposition to his conviction for civil rights.

I admit, it's really a ****ty thing to do. Part of me hates Ali for the way he treated Frazier, but I don't see the flexibility in his conviction in this case. He was always a bully to his opponents.

Making fun of George Foreman as a mummy is one thing.

Calling Joe Frazier an uncle tom, a dumb ni*gger, calling him the white people's champion (when Frazier ****ing grew up in South Carolina in the 1950's), and making fun how dark his skin was goes beyond taunting.

Well, as a practicing and vocal member of the Muslim faith, it sure as chit should have been. At least according to the religion he espoused.

The individual Christian does not have conviction for every Christian teaching, and I would guess the same is true of Muslims.

VN Store

Back