Muffet McGraw

I enjoyed the fact that in the post game interviews, one of the Notre Dame players actual said she didn't have "it" on the night and passed up an opportunity to score and gave the ball to someone else. That's good coaching, folks. Also an unselfish teammate.

If you want to know why Notre Dame won the game and overcame so much this season, read the comments by their players. Not only a group of "team first" players, but a group with great basketball IQ.

That has been missing from our program for quite awhile.....

That's a recruiting/evaluation problem. You must identify and recruit players with high bball IQ. Been coaching HS for 14 years. You can improve lots of things about players but you can do very little to greatly improve a players natural instincts and bball IQ.

I despise UConn as much as anybody but hopefully we can keep it real. UConn played the third toughest schedule this season so no they haven't been playing a weak schedule. They also beat 9 ranked teams including Notre Dame and Louisville who are in the final four. I am glad they lost Notre Dame should've won in regulation but UConn is certainly as good as anybody in WCCB even though not good enough last night.

Reactions: 2 people
I enjoyed the fact that in the post game interviews, one of the Notre Dame players actual said she didn't have "it" on the night and passed up an opportunity to score and gave the ball to someone else. That's good coaching, folks. Also an unselfish teammate.

If you want to know why Notre Dame won the game and overcame so much this season, read the comments by their players. Not only a group of "team first" players, but a group with great basketball IQ.

They also had a few women who could shoot the bb at a highn percentage.We have several who struggle making layups!Big problem!

Yes, every year UCon gets to coast through that putrid conference schedule.
Yes, they have a conference full of cupcakes, while we have a non-conf. schedule ful of cupcakes. The difference is that
they beat all of the cupcakes on their schedule, while Holly is kind to Alabama.

Reactions: 2 people
I despise UConn as much as anybody but hopefully we can keep it real. UConn played the third toughest schedule this season so no they haven't been playing a weak schedule. They also beat 9 ranked teams including Notre Dame and Louisville who are in the final four. I am glad they lost Notre Dame should've won in regulation but UConn is certainly as good as anybody in WCCB even though not good enough last night.

Well put - I am hopeful that the women’s game has a few more teams that are in the mix for a final 4. Sure you need great players but you also need great coaching.

Reactions: 1 person
Dominant based on their competition game in and game out. They play a pretty weak schedule normally so UCONN is getting beat when they play other great teams. Pull Geronimo's record against the other elite women's programs and you will find he is about .500 against them.

I'VE SAID IT A 1000 TIMES, GENO IS NOT WHERE HE IS WITHOUT PAT SUMMIT!

OVERRATED AND GOT WHAT THEY DESERVE!

:gun:
Pat Summitt is who you mean, at least spell her name correctly

Be smarter people, UConn's loss had nothing to do with their schedule. Hell, they played the team that beat them....

Was there ever a more deserving National Coach of the Year? Just.... WOW.

After all the adversity due to injuries that left them with so few healthy players, to go into the postseason as a #1 seed was miraculous enough. But THIS? To reach the championship game by getting past the most dominant program of the modern era?
:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:
:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::

Notre Dame players are extremely well coached and they trust in McGraw's system. That's how they can beat another extremely well coached team four consecutive times in overtime. I would give anything to have her coach the Lady Vols, but I can't imagine there's a job, or enough money, in the world that would take her away from the university that she seems to have been born to coach for. Like Pat Summitt was born to coach Tennessee and would NEVER have been lured away, so I imagine is Muffet McGraw, and I respect the heck out of that.

All that said, even though I'm not a fan of Auriemma, I sure hope the Connecticut women won't hang their heads too low over this. Should they be disappointed? Of course! But dang... this time next year they'll still be the most feared team in th

Muffett’s coaching job this year is one of the best I have seen in men or women’s basketball. What she has done with 7 players and a point guard that had not played the point since high school is amazing. It is play like this that will increase the fan base in women’s basketball. I was totally beside myself to see Genno go down. The prognosticators gave ND no chance and literally handed the Chanpionship trophy over to UCONN. Well it an’t gonna happen for the second year in a row. :eek:lol::cray::dance2:

Last edited:
I have always thought Muffet very good coach.... look at the injuries 4 ACL injuries.... and her development of Shepard.... she was not this good at Nebraska Kudos to Notre Dame

gule, explain what you mean by that remark. Not meaning this in a hateful way. I didn't know about it. Fill the rest of us in, please!

gule, explain what you mean by that remark. Not meaning this in a hateful way. I didn't know about it. Fill the rest of us in, please!

She transferred but did not sit out a year. All ND and NCAA would say was “personal” reason. That’s pretty much unheard of, one time a basketball player transferred here to be near his dying father (think the father had not been ill/diagnosed when the player had gone to the other school). With the media like it is, you would expect them to dig out any family illness etc. Don’t know; just has the smell of preferential treatment for ND, ‘cause they sure needed her THIS year.

Starting with the head coach. Duh?

VN Store

Back