'25 MS WR Caleb Cunningham

Seems that way to me too. That's what it takes to recruit at a high level in this conference.
I've noticed that by a lot of head coaches this winter. Has that always been allowed or have the rules/recruiting calendar changed to allow head coaches to go on the road more?

I just assumed that Heupel stayed home because of NCAA sanctions in previous years. Didn't they need to cut recruiting days?

That's probably how I would do it if that was the case. Serious prospects will come to campus, and you need position coaches forming bonds more than the HC at first.

VQ

“This is one of my top visits,” Cunningham told Volquest at the time. “I love Tennessee. It’s a good vibe down here, and I’ll be back during the spring, for sure. They’re going to be top of my list, and I love Tennessee. It’s a good vibe. I have a good relationship with the coaches, so I decided to come check them out. I heard it was a good atmosphere. And I had to experience it. It was loud. I couldn’t even hear them trying to talk to me. I was like, ‘Just tell me after the game.’ It was very loud.”

“That is my guy,” Cunningham told Volquest following MacIntyre’s commitment on Monday. “We stay in touch. He is a really good quarterback. I had that feeling he was going to stay home and play for Tennessee. I can just see him playing in that offense. I can see him there at Tennessee, and we could be that dynamic duo one day in college. I know
I am one of the main receivers he wants with him.”

VQ

“This is one of my top visits,” Cunningham told Volquest at the time. “I love Tennessee. It’s a good vibe down here, and I’ll be back during the spring, for sure. They’re going to be top of my list, and I love Tennessee. It’s a good vibe. I have a good relationship with the coaches, so I decided to come check them out. I heard it was a good atmosphere. And I had to experience it. It was loud. I couldn’t even hear them trying to talk to me. I was like, ‘Just tell me after the game.’ It was very loud.”

“That is my guy,” Cunningham told Volquest following MacIntyre’s commitment on Monday. “We stay in touch. He is a really good quarterback. I had that feeling he was going to stay home and play for Tennessee. I can just see him playing in that offense. I can see him there at Tennessee, and we could be that dynamic duo one day in college. I know
1706472722121.gif

VQ

When was this?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Did he visit recently?
From the thread: I see that Cunningham was in in mid-November. We were trying to get him back this month. I never saw that he has been here again yet. Heup and Pope went to see him on Friday. I didn't see him on the Junior Day list, or the among the people reported to have come anyway when Junior Day was cancelled for weather. I would guess that the quote you asked about above is from his reaction to GMac, via someone who covers recruiting.

I hope Friday happened and that it went well. @allvolrecruiting might know.

Last edited:
VQ

Translation: Inbf top 25 drops.

TN in top 25. George is his guy, as is every top QB. Love TN, love their NIL. inbf Oklahoma steps in.

From the thread: I see that Cunningham was in in mid-November. We were trying to get him back this month. I never saw that he has been here again yet. Heup and Pope went to see him on Friday. I didn't see him on the Junior Day list, or the among the people reported to have come anyway when Junior Day was cancelled for weather. I would guess that the quote you asked about above is from his reaction to GMac, via someone who covers recruiting.

I hope Friday happened and that it went well. @allvolrecruiting might know.
Gotcha. Thanks to you and @Ericvol2096 for clarifying.

VN Store

Back