MS announces new Xbox Games Pass

June 1st.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nches-1st-june

Microsoft looks set to roll-out its Xbox One game subscription service on 1st June, according to a new advert.

The offering will let you play more than 100 games at launch, for the monthly price of £7.99. There's also a 14-day free trial. It's a bit like Netflix, then, although you'll download the games before playing.

In Europe, Xbox Games Pass will cost €9.99. In the US, it'll cost $9.99.

It's definitely a bold move and could really be a game changer in terms of how we consume videogames. What's going to determine it's success is just how many "current" games stay in the lineup at any given time and if there will indeed be exclusive content like Phil Spencer theorized. I'm assuming that publishers will get a kick back on every download of their particular games. That's a pretty good idea, especially on games that have stopped selling.

One thing is for sure, retailers are going to HATE this LOL! It's too bad MS doesn't put as much effort into their actual game development as they do their services.

I only got it because I'd not played any of the PS3 exclusives from that era besides Demon's Souls. Definitely not worth it besides that.

Most of the PS3 games worth playing have already seen HD re masters anyway. The Uncharteds, The Last of Us, Wipeout Omega Collection (coming soon), Journey, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, etc. However I'd love to see them re master the first two Little Big Planets along with Infamous 1 & 2 and the Motorstorm games.

Last edited:
ISPs are also going to hate this. Comcast customers with data caps will hate that they have data caps if there's really a bunch of XBONE games on there.

I am digging the XB Game Pass so far. I had never played Mad Max and it's pretty dang good. Just downloaded Halo 5 and am going to play it again. Also have to go back through the Bioshock series again.

Wow. This is a ballsy move by MS! All new releases from Microsoft Studios will launch on Game Pass day and date with the retail versions!

If you're an Xbox One owner, you'd be a FOOL not to subscribe to this service! MS has pretty much made it too good to avoid.

Xbox Game Pass Expands To Include New Releases From Microsoft Studios |

xbox-game-pass_key-art_us.jpg

What are the odds these games (Sea, Crackdown, etc) are heavy on loot and cosmetic microtransactions and quick DLC....

VN Store

Back