MR.SEC on John Gruden

Yeah, my spelling sucks, between my fat fingers, and blue moon, i cant do crap.. you wanna fight about it?

you must not know much about football! Chaney has done a great job, considering what he's had to work with .

Considering he was dealing with Dooley, I will agree. I am for who ever Gruden decides for that position.
But, I will say that Chaney is consider one of the best in the business.

you must not know much about football! Chaney has done a great job, considering what he's had to work with .

This. I have been saying and believing this since Chaney got here in 2008. I have never had a probem with Chaney. Wouldn't mind if he was our OC if Gruden wants him.

Reactions: 1 person
I found out that Bates is the Qb coach for the bears and was also a former QB at Tennessee before he transferred to Rice University. I'll take him more TN blood in here the better.

If we do get Gruden there will be a lot of guys in here with TN Blood in their veins. I love it we need some more orange blood.

I like the Norte Dame fan on the article who commented that Grudens kids are enrolled at Knox Webb. I don't live down there anymore so I have no idea. Anyone else heard this? All of the rumors have me excited but I won't believe anything until he's standing at the podium.

Soon...

Attachments

• gruden3.jpg
    gruden3.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 4 people
If our staff looks like this I would be happy

HC: John Gruden
DC: Ron Zook
Dbs: Raheem Morriss
Dline: Marion Hobby
Linebackers: unknown maybe Zook does double duty who knows.
OC: Jim Chaney or new guy don't really care
Qbs: Hinshaw
Rbs: Graham
Wrs: Martin
OL: Pitman
TE: unknown
special teams: unknown

That's too many coaches, I'm pretty sure you can only have 9 coaches

Considering the fact that you wanted to give Dooley one more year, I am not surprised! He won a superbowl with Brad Johnson and made the playoffs with Chris Simms. Turned Gannon into a MVP. Not to mention he runs the most respected quarterback clinic in Nation.
:crazy:

Where have I ever said I wanted to give Dooley another year?

I said before the season and during the season that it's 9 wins or bust for Dooley.

The Bucs defense won a superbowl. Brad Johnson was fantastic at managing the game, just like he did his entire career. Gruden had little to nothing to do with that. Simms never played very well, so I'm not sure how that's relevant. Already been over Gannon.

I love how people get butthurt when someone points out something bad about Gruden. It's hilarious, really.

Keep stating completely false things about me and continue looking stupid, it's funny to watch.

Dont come in here posting anything bad about gruden...you hear me?

lol, Figured both sides to the story are needed.

Everyone keeps raving about the good things on Gruden, never pointing out the bad. He should be a fantastic recruiter. I'm sure the players will love to play for him. He's a solid play caller.

But saying completely false things like "Gruden is a great QB coach", when he has nothing to show for that makes no sense to me, lol. No coach is perfect, no reason to make up good things for him.

Everyone keeps raving about the good things on Gruden, never pointing out the bad. He should be a fantastic recruiter. I'm sure the players will love to play for him. He's a solid play caller.

But saying completely false things like "Gruden is a great QB coach", when he has nothing to show for that makes no sense to me, lol. No coach is perfect, no reason to make up good things for him.
We've had enough bad the last few years.. only want to hear positive, happy stuff..

here is an article on John Gruden

As The Gruden Turns: Hogs Swing And Miss, Vols On Deck (And Sources Say They’re In Good Shape)

It goes on to say that Tee Martin could be a choice to join his staff so I would guess that Jay Graham would stay. Then it says that he has been linked to bring Marion Hobby to be our D-line coach, and Ron Zook, because they were both on the same staff under Majors when they were here, and we have all heard the rumors about Raheem Morris. My take is if he does get Zook then Morris will be our secondary coach.

So if we get gruden our staff could look like this

HC: Gruden
DC: Zook
DBs: Morris
Dline: Hobby
WR: Martin
RB: Graham

The offensive coordinator, Tight ends coach, qb coach, and oline coach still appear to be a mystery.

I really hope this works for us it sounds like the ball is in our court I hope we don't pass this up

I would be extremely happy with that staff who wouldn't be I would think we could win big with these guys.

Two days after writing that article, Pennington said today that Tennessee has always been a long shot in the Gruden sweepstakes. What gives, John?

Two days after writing that article, Pennington said today that Tennessee has always been a long shot in the Gruden sweepstakes. What gives, John?

He's playing the majority of this fanbase for attention, like almost every relevant sports writer does when they can. He could care less about what the fans think of him, so long as he gets the attention

Why would Morris take the same job in college?

From head coach, to NFL DB coach to college DB coach.

Morris would be DC if he comes to college. Make Zook coach DB's. I would love him for recruiting but other than that... eh.

I'm with Titan. Why is it that there are no NFL teams beating down his door for him to coach? How long has it been since the last time he has coach? I just don't see where he is the next savior that will take UT out of the wilderness. I would rather have Stoops, Strong, or Taggart.

r we talking about the zooker who had dealings with faxgate. do we trust him?

and the same terrible HC. He was also demoted by UF under Spurrier from DC to special teams. Almost as funny as the whole notion that Gruden is coming. All this is fantasy land, we are Tennessee and nothing good happens to us.

He turned brad Johnson and gannon into great Qbs in his tenure and he has a great Qb clinic. To say he's not a good Qb coach is a stupid remark.

I'm not getting the "excellent QB coach" thing...

Rich Gannon is the only successful QB he's ever had under him(that he had under him that had any significant change in play). And he got Gannon when Gannon was like 30. While Gannon improved under him, how can that all be accredited to Gruden, when you see no other QB under his tutelage having done anything?

Brad Johnson...... But you only know about Rich right? I'll hang up and listen!

Where have I ever said I wanted to give Dooley another year?

I said before the season and during the season that it's 9 wins or bust for Dooley.

The Bucs defense won a superbowl. Brad Johnson was fantastic at managing the game, just like he did his entire career. Gruden had little to nothing to do with that. Simms never played very well, so I'm not sure how that's relevant. Already been over Gannon.

I love how people get butthurt when someone points out something bad about Gruden. It's hilarious, really.

Keep stating completely false things about me and continue looking stupid, it's funny to watch.

I wish I could like this post more than once. Excellent post, sir.

VN Store

Back