Moving Forward

I'm sure you had some crazy dumbbasses that were arrested but you didn't see large scale rioting and flat out destruction of private property.

And that hasn't been the case for the weekend protests either. If anything it was amazing that more people were not acting like idiots with over 4 million protesters nationwide Saturday.

As much as I'm wary of President Trump, and as much as many were wary of President Obama, it is truly amazing that we can undergo such a radical transformation of government and philosophy without tanks rolling down Pennsylvania Avenue. It speaks to our culture that we can do this every 4-8 years and not kill each other in the process.

Reactions: 1 person
Just to clarify, I don't support protests that are not peaceful. But I take great issue when people say, "suck it up, Trump won" because many of those same people were calling President Obama a Muslim, burning his likeness in effigy, questioning his citizenship, etc. Hypocrites are hypocrites, regardless of politics. All I'm saying is peaceful protest is a right of all Americans and should be encouraged, not demeaned. But no, people shouldn't be trashing businesses or trying to hurt people. And one of my previous posts was incorrect on the numbers arrested; closer to 300 would be more accurate Inauguration Day. But again, I ask: do you honestly believe no Tea Party supporter was ever arrested at the thousands of rallies held nationwide since 2010? It is an unfortunate byproduct of people gathering; more likely than not, someone is going to act foolish.

I'd say very few Tea Party supporters were arrested, they have jobs to lose.

I'd say very few Tea Party supporters were arrested, they have jobs to lose.

I'm assuming you intended blue font, and that you aren't just being a partisan hack. Plenty have turned out by the thousands to protest President Obama over the years.

I'm assuming you intended blue font, and that you aren't just being a partisan hack. Plenty have turned out by the thousands to protest President Obama over the years.

Truly I don't remember many large scale anti-Obama protests.

how is trump a threat to the republic? what does he want to do that goes against our constitution?

by wanting foreigners visiting from terrorists countries not to be lost?
by protecting our borders and following our laws?

you whack job libs and your fear of losing our republic. obama did much more than trump would even think to do. it's just silly.

Truly I don't remember many large scale anti-Obama protests.

they weren't, the left has to claim that both sides protest and insinuate the right does the same antics as with this women's march, yet it doesn't happen on the right. sometimes i wish it would, but the right does it protesting at the ballot box.

how is trump a threat to the republic? what does he want to do that goes against our constitution?

by wanting foreigners visiting from terrorists countries not to be lost?
by protecting our borders and following our laws?

you whack job libs and your fear of losing our republic. obama did much more than trump would even think to do. it's just silly.

Denying access to the press might be a good place to start. Coming up with an alternative set of facts might be another. Or maybe appointing known neo-fascists to his inner circle? Just to start.

Trump wasn't my candidate. I'll reserve judgement until I see more from him and if there's an emerging trend. I always hope each president is the best we've ever had. I'm disappointed a lot.

Here's what's sad. Trump will boost the economy and create tons of jobs over the next 4 years. Taxes will be decreased and everyone will benefit from this. The media will spin this and somehow, every good thing trump does will actually be bad somehow. "Oh, he only created 100,000 jobs in Detroit? Why not 200,000?" Then, those same leftist who will benefit so greatly from Trump's policies will then vote against him in 2020. That's sad.

VN Store

Back