Movies you would like to see redone..

I'd like to see SW EP 1-3 redone by the Diz crew also. Those things were just abominations in too many ways..

There are probably interns from all the major movie makers reading this thread and putting your suggestions into a spreadsheet for reference. Please do not give them any more ideas on remakes.

Cannonball Run...always loved that movie but would like to see a modern version of it

I actually mentioned this in another thread, my only question is can Kate Upton be one of the girls in the Lamborghini with the unzipped body suit :)

The Warriors.

(probably off limits for some of a certain age on here!)

Reactions: 1 person
Great movie. And it is off limits. Don't mess with that classic

The first time a watched it, I remember realizing that this movie was the inspiration for basically every Nintendo beat'um up game in the 80's.

Yeah, but the cast is such a big part of what makes that movie....how do you recreate that element of it? Even the smaller roles, like Billy and Mac were perfectly cast.

True....very true.... and when you think about it ..... despite being as old as it is.... it's actually aged very well if you know what I mean. Because of this it would be hard to improve upon it that much.

The Running Man but actually follow the novel this time.

I agree.... I read it over twenty years ago so I can't recall a lot of it, but I do remember thinking the movie would have been much better had it followed the book.... they made a huge mistake

Lol this has turned into a Stephen king thread

Pet Sematary should have been made into a better movie than the one with Herman Munster... and this probably won't be popular here (or ever happen) but aside from the casting of Jack Nicholson, I thought Stanley Kubrick really botched The Shining... It was too slowly paced and left out too much from the book. Those two could easily be done better, imo.

Pet Sematary should have been made into a better movie than the one with Herman Munster... and this probably won't be popular here (or ever happen) but aside from the casting of Jack Nicholson, I thought Stanley Kubrick really botched The Shining... It was too slowly paced and left out too much from the book. Those two could easily be done better, imo.

Pet Cemetery scared the crap out of me as tweenager and that was during my horror movie phase when it took a lot to phase me. Zombie kid was just striaght up frightening.

I do agree the pacing of the Shinning is a bit slow but that's how movies were back then. People had longer attention spans.

I believe this is in the works...

McFarlane has been talking about it for years. I think the hang up is him trying to finance as much of it himself so he has more control.

The recent success of R rated Deadpool and Logan may get the ball moving a little swifter.

Yeah you are right...The Shining is damn near a perfect film and the scariest ever made I do not agree with you. The pacing is intentional and that is what makes it scarier than anything ever put on celluloid. The book...not even close as scary. One of those rare instances where the movie was better.

Reactions: 1 person
You would never get the star studded cast like the original, but A Bridge Too Far would be awesome with Spielberg at the helm.

The Last Starfighter with modern CGI.

Soylent Green

The Lost Boys

Foxy Brown with Zoe Saldana at the helm

You would never get the star studded cast like the original, but A Bridge Too Far would be awesome with Spielberg at the helm.

The Last Starfighter with modern CGI.

Soylent Green

The Lost Boys

Foxy Brown with Zoe Saldana at the helm

The Lost Boys is currently being remade as a tv series for the CW... I loved the movie but have my doubts about what this series will look like.

VN Store

Back