Mountaineers Practices

Lived in Elkins for 12 years, not a bad place. I'd consider it one of the nicer towns in the state with less of a drug abuse problem than most of the areas around the state. And it has a college and some fresh young culture.

Even still, the nicest areas in WV from an economic standpoint are on par with some of the worse areas of other states ive lived.
Lots of good people, salt of the earth types which is fine by me. Food scene is terrible in general. Some pretty views but also lots of poisoned water and mountian top removal when you get off the interstate. Im a big fly fisher, Mon forest is nice but nowhere near Smokies quality. Other places like the famed "sewer" river make you question how people can tolerate living in those conditions. Like anywhere, there is good and bad. I have some fond memories.

I'm a WVU grad and I can say most of the WVians that root for Marshall are really really nice people. Almost all class. A lot of the WVU fans won't win you over with their charm. But there are exceptions. It's kind of funny to watch those 2 groups interact.

Charlotte should be a fun setting. I don't think many of the scumbag types that tend to frequent games in Morgantown will be able to fund a trip to Charlotte. You'll know immediately if I'm incorrect...

Just like our practice footage, I don't think you can take much from it. WVU doesn't recruit very well, and we will have he advantage at almost every position, but the QB is more important than maybe all others. Grier looked pretty pedestrian vs. us at Florida, and also in his games last year vs. top 60 defenses. Do we have a top 60 defense? Idk, hope so.
Interesting, to me anyway, is that all of my roommates at WVU were fans of other D1 programs. The 30k student body filled up their 10k seat allotment once in my 4 years there. There's a ton of interest in the program from born and raised West Virginians, but I don't think the alumni are overly invested. Partially due to being a school that attracts mostly northeastern kids while playing their games in Tx/Ok

Go Vols

Last edited:
I'm a Vol alum who was born and raised and still live in West Virginia (hence my username). I've been excited about this matchup for years. It's tough seeing my state slandered by some, but I understand it's all in good fun for the sake of football. That being said, these are my two favorite teams and I will be at the game in a few weeks decked out in Tennessee orange. GO VOLS!
I live in Alabama and have my entire life.. I understand lol.

VN Store

Back