Mother guns down daughters

Stricter gun control for people with mental issues will have an adverse outcome. People that would benefit tremendously from treatment will avoid it if they know that they will be forced to forfeit their 2A rights.

Reactions: 1 person
Mother drowns children in bath | Daily Mail Online

Crazy gonna crazy..... This is a case for removing bathtubs from mentally I'll people

No not tubs, you can drown a child in a bucket ... water. With hold water from the mentally ill.
And sticks, and pipe, and shoelaces, and rope, and well just everything thats not tied down. Or, institutionalize them, perform lobotomies, or electric shock therapy and keep them locked away.
Hmmmm..but we already did that. Remind me ... how well did it work?

Having a family member with mental illness, I'll chime in. Unless someone is actively injuring or threatening his/her self or others, law enforcement and medical practitioners have no power anymore to detain, hospitalize, or treat them. It is impossible to intervene until it is too late. Sad, sad situation.

Reactions: 2 people
Having a family member with mental illness, I'll chime in. Unless someone is actively injuring or threatening his/her self or others, law enforcement and medical practitioners have no power anymore to detain, hospitalize, or treat them. It is impossible to intervene until it is too late. Sad, sad situation.

And that is a big problem in this country now. The PC police have created this.

Reactions: 2 people

Yep. As long as a person can put on a good show for the authorities or evaluating doc, there isn't a thing that can be done.

Stricter gun control for people with mental issues will have an adverse outcome. People that would benefit tremendously from treatment will avoid it if they know that they will be forced to forfeit their 2A rights.

And the definition of "mentally ill" will evolve over time. Any authority that is given to the gov't will be expanded by that gov't.

How did the "PC Police" create this, considering one of the biggest issues involving all this is the privacy of your health records and patient rights?

Excerpt from a yahoo news article:

..."Matthew Wiley, a childhood friend of Taylor, says days before she died, Taylor expressed fear for her safety at home.*

"She said, 'There's a gun in the house and it makes me feel uneasy,'" Wiley tells PEOPLE. "She felt so unsafe."*

Wiley and Taylor attended high school together at Seven Lakes High School in Katy, Texas, and lived two blocks from each other.*

Wiley tells PEOPLE three days before she was killed, Taylor texted him and said she and her mom had gotten into a heated argument about her parents' relationship, which Wiley says was shaky. Wiley says Taylor was scared about her mother having access to guns given her mental instability"....

The last sentence is baffling. Why not remove the firearms if you are concerned? We had a member of our family go a through a rough spot. Very depressed and suicidal signals. The first thing we did was enter the home and remove all the firearms we could find. Once he got his life back on track, he got his guns back.

..."Matthew Wiley, a childhood friend of Taylor, says days before she died, Taylor expressed fear for her safety at home.*

"She said, 'There's a gun in the house and it makes me feel uneasy,'" Wiley tells PEOPLE. "She felt so unsafe."*

Wiley and Taylor attended high school together at Seven Lakes High School in Katy, Texas, and lived two blocks from each other.*

Wiley tells PEOPLE three days before she was killed, Taylor texted him and said she and her mom had gotten into a heated argument about her parents' relationship, which Wiley says was shaky. Wiley says Taylor was scared about her mother having access to guns given her mental instability"....

The last sentence is baffling. Why not remove the firearms if you are concerned? We had a member of our family go a through a rough spot. Very depressed and suicidal signals. The first thing we did was enter the home and remove all the firearms we could find. Once he got his life back on track, he got his guns back.

agreed. The father should have hidden and locked up all firearms away from the mother knowing she was unstable.

It's not the PC police... Not everyone with a mental illness needs to be locked up, most can control it with meds. Obviously those with severe mental illness need to be placed in homes and provided the proper care.

As someone who has experience in the mental health field the biggest problem I see is family members of a mentally ill person in denial. I've seen so many people who need help but are deemed incompetent to make their own medical decisions and family members refuse to acknowledge there is an issue. This is putting the person and family at risk.

Lastly, the police can not get involved unless the person has a plan to harm them self or others. It's a very F'd up world for mentally ill people

I bet the father can be charged with a crime for putting the family at risk

His daughters executed in front of him by their own mother and they'd find a way to charge him? That DA could go ahead and update his resume.

For letting a mentally ill person have easy access to a weapon. This could have been prevented by having this weapon in a safe and he only has the combination

How did the "PC Police" create this, considering one of the biggest issues involving all this is the privacy of your health records and patient rights?

Because its not PC to call someone crazy and lock em up for being crazy. Instead they are given pills and everyone else is told to accept and tolerate them blah blah blah. This, like most of the mass shootings, are done by people that other people KNEW where crazier than a sh!t house rat. But as kiddiedoc said until they do something bad no one can do anything about it..

For letting a mentally ill person have easy access to a weapon. This could have been prevented by having this weapon in a safe and he only has the combination

Seriously..for YEARS I avoided owning a gun because I was convinced that whoever my girlfriend was at the time would use it on me. None of them had clinical crazy diagnoses but you know, women.. Now I have a small arsenal and it always stays locked up. I ain't getting shot because I don't care about your administrative job or your stupid feelings.

Seriously..for YEARS I avoided owning a gun because I was convinced that whoever my girlfriend was at the time would use it on me. None of them had clinical crazy diagnoses but you know, women.. Now I have a small arsenal and it always stays locked up. I ain't getting shot because I don't care about your administrative job or your stupid feelings.

Man I agree with you, I had an ex wife who i thought would kill me one day. That's a different kind of crazy. Lucky for me I survived

Why would a black guy be around his kids?

(edited for blue font warning)

Damn that was

dda25cacad81cbf1f4123aa71a0a28197f625b0a604e9b6ca5914f5ce98ef26d.jpg

VN Store

Back